It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Dr. Paul the man for the Job?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I look for information that supports our freedoms our rights as a nation. I found Ron Paul. Peace!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I can't stand the Republicans, but this time around I am voting for Ron Paul. He is a revolutionary, because he wants to return America back to its original conception - the way the constitution was intended to be. Meaning less power to the federal government and more to the states. He wants to abolish the illegal taxation of our incomes (not constitutional) and abolish the federal reserve bank (which is an international corporate entity, not even legally a part of our government). He wants to put an end to international policing and what he thinks are unconstitutional wars. For more info, you can also check out Jordan Maxwell's research and there is also an excellent documentary by Aaron Russo's called "Freedom to Fascism" (can download for free).

Ron Paul - if you listen to all his speeches and read his articles - is consistent and sincere. I have not seen any flaws. He is also very logical and does not pander to sensationalism or peer pressure. He follows his principles and seems to have an inordinate amount of integrity. I hope more people become exposed to what his message is, even though the major media outlets are doing there best to slant things in favour of other candidates that TPTB could control easily. You can't control someone who has the kind of integrity that Ron Paul has - so they don't want him in the presidential role.

Good luck in your research - there's plenty of videos of him on YouTube. Look forward to seeing what you think.

Cheers,

Chutso

[edit on 6/12/07 by chutso_ha]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Please accept my apology for my earlier post. I had a knee-jerk reaction to your statement. I dont normally do that.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The eye-popping reality of the situation is this. No longer can it be said that Ron Paul is running for President. Amazingly enough, his candidacy has been hijacked, and it appears now that the people are running for President. . . through Ron Paul! That’s the true revolution about which your neighbors are speaking.

So, do you want the plants and flowers that your other government representatives have cultivated for you year after year, or do you want an open and honest effort at change, not for the powerful interests, but for you and for members of your family yet to arrive. If you want to see an unprecedented effort at change - starting with the only man on the campaign trail who is not afraid to tell you the truth - your action must start now. Get informed. Get angry. Get talking to your neighbors. Then, get to the voting booths!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

We're already paying the costs of universal healthcare, but we don't have it. Instead 50 million people are uninsured...

i fail to see how this helps your argument. =) if we're paying the costs of UHC but don't have it, doesn't that tell you that the government shouldn't be in charge of it?! THAT is the type of thing ron paul votes "no" for. it's not that he doesn't care about the people's health. he doesn't think the government should be involved. he wants to get the government under control by getting rid of extraneous agencies and departments. by doing so the budget is restored to a healthier state, the people have less nannying in their lives, and there won't be a bunch of ill-conceived programs (that we all pay for anyway) shoved down our throats that could be better provided by private companies.

paul has a kung fu grip on the state of things - i've watched a clip of him arguing the budget on c-span and i was thoroughly impressed by how sharp he is. i watched an interview from his last run for president and it was amazing that his stances have not budged at all. the man is unwavering in principle and truly seems to be a decent person that has all of our best interests in mind.

i have never voted before and before he came along i never imagined i would vote. i will be voting for ron paul. anyone that can do that is worth notice.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am a registered Republican and have been mostly on the Conservative side up until the last two years. The last couple of years the true colors of politicians have really been showing and the truths are becoming more & more apparent with each passing day.

The truth of the matter is that we are made to believe that there are two different sides of the political system when there really is only one global agenda. I was giving up on voting all together and was not going to vote for anyone. However, the wonderful members of ATS have made me see that Ron Paul is really a great man and have shown me that he is really is our last hope.

It is astounding how all of the general public will just so blindly follow the hype of the media without questioning anything. I mean there is really no thought process behind what they believe. I am just so sick and tired of all of the mindless zombies out there, I cant stand it anymore.

Ron Paul is really our last hope in this crumbling corrupted political system of ours.

As for all of humanity, lets not just cross our fingers and wait for one man to come and save us all. It is all up to us, WE need to take matters into our own hands. Only WE can make a difference.

[edit on 12/6/07 by housegroove23]

link   

i fail to see how this helps your argument. =) if we're paying the costs of UHC but don't have it, doesn't that tell you that the government shouldn't be in charge of it?! THAT is the type of thing ron paul votes "no" for. it's not that he doesn't care about the people's health. he doesn't think the government should be involved. he wants to get the government under control by getting rid of extraneous agencies and departments. by doing so the budget is restored to a healthier state, the people have less nannying in their lives, and there won't be a bunch of ill-conceived programs (that we all pay for anyway) shoved down our throats that could be better provided by private companies.

The government is involved in that it regulates HMO's, but it's private currently. It would actually cost less to have a universal single payer system, as compared to what people are paying for healthcare now...

Most if not all countries with universal healthcare have longer lifespans than Americans do...

link   
If you know anything about politics and and current events. then you now that Ron Paul is the ONLY CHOICE PERIOD!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
The government is involved in that it regulates HMO's, but it's private currently. It would actually cost less to have a universal single payer system, as compared to what people are paying for healthcare now...

Most if not all countries with universal healthcare have longer lifespans than Americans do...

If there is a government out there that fits your views more than this one, maybe you should head over to it. Here, in the US, we have a different kind of government. We don't want a nanny state, nor do we want any group of people trying to turn it into one. Ron Paul stands for this desire to ward off the people who want to transform this nation into one of those nanny states.

If you want universal healthcare and such to so bad, there are many european countries that have it. I don't see why it is necessary to stay here and force a faulty system on people who don't want it, and know that isn't what their government was created for. If you want a government that will take care of you, protect you, and general treat you like a 5 year old, then the land of the free and the home of the brave might not be for you.

Personally, I'm voting Ron Paul, because I'm an adult, and would like the government to treat me like one.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know who else has universal healthcare? Communists. Thats right. Centalized everything is how commies roll. BTW a lot of those uninsured people are illegals and guess how much they pay if they go to the emergency room? NOTHING. We pay for it. Ron Paul knows more about the health care system then any other candidate, including Kucinich.

How 'bout reading all through the legislation Paul votes for. Those bills are a lot to look at, and cannot be summed up in one short sentance.

The big sellers for Ron Paul is his votes for the freedom of Americans. Against the bankers who want to run this entire world. The bankers run the entire country right now.

Did someone say the administration would be bought and sold under Ron Paul?!?!?!
That is ridiculous. The administration we are in right now IS bought and paid for. Ron Paul is bought and paid for by the PEOPLE of this country who are tired of being debt and wage slaves, not by the INSURANCE and PHARMACEUTICAL companies and everything else.

Again, it's the INSURANCE and PHARMACEUTICAL companies that want universal health care, not the American people!!! My father is a doctor, and I have worked in medical offices for a good amount of my life, and know many doctors, and I also know how the insurance companies work. They will do anything to not have to pay for something. Guess what people, doctors do almost half of their work for FREE. You may not want to believe it, but that is the case. Guess what else, doctors get paid on average less than they in the '70s. Health care sucks in this country because no one wants to be a doctor anymore, you work you #$@ off for very little.

And with the increased cost of living and inflation (which Ron Paul will do something about; specifically strike at the ROOT of the problem), this country needs more than Kucinich, we need major reforms.

Down with the Federal Reserve, Up with Ron Paul!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm campaigning for Ron Paul because I would trust him with my life and my wife. I can't say that about any other politicians. Not even Hilary.

Integrity. Morals. Honesty. Consistency.

If you find those in a candidate - support that candidate.

I've found my candidate and I'm helping Americans hear his stance on issues. God knows the main-stream media isn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

But, if the Federal government didn't get involved in any way and healthcare companies were forced to compete for each customer, you'd see the healthcare prices in the country plummet. Much like technology tends to go down in price to compete with market trends. It's the general idea of free trade.

The past decades of healthcare prices are an indication that federal mandates don't work ... at least not for the customer. But, they sure do help the provider.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Do you even understand the implications of having a universal healthcare program coupled with the heavy taxing we face already? Really, do you? Do you understand how much money we'd be giving our government that already blatantly abuses our current tax systems everyday of our life? You want to put more money and trust into the same institutions that have been raping the American people for the last 90 years?

Universal Healthcare is very affordable. If you stop spending on Iraq. One month in Iraq covers 4million children for a year. That's right, one month on killing Iraqi children or one year on saving 4 million American children.* I know where I'd rather have it go. Also, they want to raise taxes on cigarettes to help cover it which I support. Damn things cost so much as it is maybe an extra 60cents a pack will finally push me over the edge to stop the mfers. Heck add 10dollar tax on to the things, the addicts will keep buying making the government millions to cover poor and middle class children and help the people like me who want to quit quit by making them too damn expensive to buy.

When the Democrats tried to pass the funding for the Schip program Bush and his fellow Neocon evil baby eating kiddie raping satanists, er, republicans said it cost to much. The very next day Bush and same Neocon evil baby eating kiddie raping satanists, er, republicans said give them billions to kill more Iraqi children. The solution? Vote in dems or someone actually conservative. You know, like Bill Clinton(Spent less in 8 years then Bush did in 4 and of course two Bush Presidents outspent every other president combined) or someone who has a lot of support but a literal media blackout going on.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by HHH Is King]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The only difference between a liberal/democract and a neo conservative is what they blow my money on. Ill take a conservative republican like Ron Paul, where my money won't go to either wasteful program.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Thanks for posting that video. I hadn't seen that one before - it pretty much sums up what he stands for on a whole.

Chutso

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

"We came from the West Virginia coalmines
And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line
And a country boy can survive"

Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican.

Unfortunately, he must run on the ticket of one of the ONLY two accepted parties (collectively known as Republicrats) to even stand a chance.

It's a shame.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

That's why places like Canada and Sweden pay the highest healthcare rates? Look, I believe everybody should get a fair shake when it comes to being healthy, but a UHC system is incompatible with the economic situation that we find those of us who would carry such a program. Our country is not ready for this, because those of us who have been carrying the burden, compensating for our welfare state simply can't afford to carry everybody any longer, even without a UHC. The UHC will be humped on the backs of the lower/middle classes, which will widen the gap between rich and poor.

Are you personally ready to carry the most unhealthy nation that would be loaded on your back and the back's of your family? Yeah, I didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

With the direction of this country, do you really find that plausible? You can " what if " all you want, but that doesn't do us any good, as everybody around me has NO money, and no more money to spend on other people's problems. If we give these people a UHC system, this country will become an absolute welfare nation.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke

I don't agree with HMO's. Although, we have never seen an open market competition with insurance carriers, I have faith in Ron Paul when he says that it can and will work. I think the nature of the beast is far more successful than any sort of "micromanagement." If we've seen the massive failures of our HMO's in our UHC. We'll be in bad shape.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not that I am fully versed in all of the candidates stances, but from what i have heard and read, Ron paul is the only person that will put the government back in chack, and stop the downward spiral that the US is in right now.

He believes in the Constitution and constantly reinforces that notion. Everyone else is just recycling the same old BS that comes around every 4 years. "Wee need change" Blah blah blah. Its so worn out I dont even care about that statement anymore because thats all it is. No one ever upholds it.

I have voted Dem for the past elections but if I could I would vote Rep for Ron Paul. I dont consider myself to have any 1 political affiliation, but if someone has a good message that I believe in, I will stand behind that person regardless of what party he is running for.

Its just too bad that the media is smearing him to look like a complete whacko. The only positive spin he is getting is for his phenomenal campaign fund raising. Unfortunately thats not gonna win it for him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join