It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God as in " I "

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Isnt it amazing that there would be no end if we would have never (created) showing that our decisions are that of death instead of life?

The end does not come unless we do not creat. But we have created are own end because we want to be God and rule countries, atleast they do.

peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
this is actually a very interesting topic and I have thought about this very idea many times. The concept is interesting to say the least.

Is god a seperate thing that exists in each of us.. or are we each a part of god? Are we all god at once .. all at the same time.
Are we all one?

Good post Zero! Glad you re-posted it

NephraTari, Those are very good questions. Also, they are usually the first questions that come up when thinking of God in this peticular way for most people. The answer of course will be found within you, if it hasn't been already that is. Here are a few things to think about to get your & other peoples mind rolling.

Many Buddhist teachers agree that the ultimate realization are:

'God is All there is'
'I am not separate from This & That'
'I am That I am'

and the realization of Emptiness / Selflessness is one of the most profound. God consciousness is a state of being available to all - in fact it is our birthright. Freedom from the prison of ego.

It is important to remember always that the principle of egolessness does not mean that there was an ego in the first place but the Buddhists did away with it. On the contrary, it means there was never any ego at all to begin with. To realize this is called �egolessness.�

God is like an Ocean, we are like Waves of the Ocean
In 'Magical Mind, Magical Body' Deepak Chopra suggested: Imagine that God is an Ocean, and we are waves floating in the ocean. We are an expression of God. A moment of our life would be a snap shot of one wave. So God is the infinite ocean, omnipotent, vast, powerful, universal life force energy etc. and we are not separate form that. God is our collective whole.

So by imagining it like this you can see that we are all part of God and we are all part of divinity. Maybe a Goal in life is to realize that?! -
KNOW THYSELF

God is All There is
When one realizes: God is all there is, everything changes. It means there is no one other than you. You are the whole, including all the unconscious, ignorant people. This means your sense of self expands to include everyone and everything. It means other people are also God. It means you are the world. Separation from existence is the human reality. To understand Advaita(Non-duality) is to be free from separation. To miss the point is the hell of the ego. ~Maitreya Ishwara

(Notice in the last section the careful wording of "Everyone & Everything being God". IMO it is important to remember "We are all God", NOT "We are all Gods". It is really just a tiny gramatical difference, but it often leads to misunderstanding for some.)

Live Well,
mOjOm

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Who is God

God is still a plural form you guys.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
dude!!! of course "God" is in "other" people. He is "within" each of us, every single living thing, everywhere. We only need to look within ourselves, forget religion, forget everything you were ever told to believe, let your consciousness find "God" that is within. Then you will realize, that it is the same "God" that is within everything else...and you will understand.

Nice post, too bad there are a few complications with the way you think. In which religion is it told that God is in every living thing? It isn't it is only said he created them, but he created menkind to his equal, that is a big difference. You try to fix this by saying to forget religion and forget everything, that is called brainwashing.

If there weren't written thousands of pages about God nobody in the world would think about a God, because there would be no reason to believe in it. Ofcourse you will say "but that is impossible because the universe couldn't have existed on it's own" but with no thousands of pages written, science would fill in nice things like E=MC2.

The reason for believing into a God or in Gods is based upon those texts, and because the image of such a God doesn't fit into your idea about life (in every living thing God is), you say that you should forget it, and there you have a nice established privately made religion of which the fundaments are being trown away because they don't fit in the picture.

Where would the reason be for believing in such a God as you believe in when those texts about God were never written?
And the idea that God is in every living thing is just an assumption.

Will you understand if you leave the thousands of pages written for what they are and create a religion of your own?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The point is you should not express your own beliefs onto others...it hampers your own personal development.

Yes that's very true, because beliefs collide when they are made personal, so you won't be that sure anymore about your own belief, and that hampers your personal development indeed, or does it develop it instead?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The PATTERN on the TRESTLEBOARD
This Is Truth About The Self

0. All the Power that ever was or will be is here now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Through me its unfailing Wisdom takes form in thought and word.

3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.

4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.

5. I recognize the manifestation of the Undeviating Justice in all the circumstances of my life.

6. In all things, great and small, I see the Beauty of the Divine Expression.

7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and Understanding, mine is the Victorious Life.

8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.

9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day, upon the sure Foundation of Eternal Being.

10. The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The kingdom of God lies within

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Of course you as well as I am god. It is in the rock, the tree...it surrounds us...penitrates us. Crude matter are not we. Oh, wait! I think I just plagorized Yoda.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't believe that we are gods if the definition is of a god who has total control. Our souls may be immortal but there is much that is out of our reach.
Perhaps we are a part of God but in my mind I find it very hard to come to the conclusion that we are the ultimate beings. If we are gods, we are weak gods.

If we were gods would have the power to know truth and to my understanding, only a couple of people who claimed this possession have ever existed (and they started religions!!!). Jesus claimed to actually be truth and this sends me down a different line of thought.

When I read the Bible and look at the first line of John - "In the beginning there was the Word and the Word was with God", I can't help looking at the word "with". If you take the Word to be Truth, then you can see that it is a part of God ("with" God) but not God himself.
The whole purpose of life seems to me to be about the attainment of Truth. Maybe even becoming a part of that Truth itself. If I were a god why would I have to search so hard for something I so desperately want? Wouldn't I just be able to reach out and grab it?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yes Jesus said he was truth and the apostles all called him God and worshipped him, he was the on who created them.

"" If I am a God then why do I search so hard for something I can reach out and grab ""

Exactly. then they will say that the truth lies within you. No it does not, lies lie inside of us because we (all) believe in something different but what does God believe?, we did not creat heaven and earth and we did not
creat our soul. We grew up in a weak position in our moms womb needing to be (taught) and were actually innocent at one time. There is a supreme being and all you need to know this is logic and common sense and sincerity. These souls think they have inner truth and when they leave the
computer they fear the next day because they do not know what will happen and they (look) to a supreme being athough they say other wise.

I cant believe 95% of posters on this topic actually think they are Gods. We are limited beings and everybody should know this by life experiences.

Peaace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Nice post, too bad there are a few complications with the way you think.

In which religion is it told that God is in every living thing?

Religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism and others say this, research other religions before saying that no religions believe that. However I believe if you are looking for exact religion, it is called Pantheism.

It isn't it is only said he created them, but he created menkind to his equal, that is a big difference.

You are using the religion of Christianity to explain your point. BUT if you say God created mankind to his equal, then are we not Gods? since we are equal to him? you said that!

You try to fix this by saying to forget religion and forget everything, that is called brainwashing.

I do not believe in any particular religion, or conventional means of practicing religions. Religion was created by man to instill laws, values, morals and explain things he cannot comprehend. God did not create religion.

If there weren't written thousands of pages about God nobody in the world would think about a God, because there would be no reason to believe in it. Ofcourse you will say "but that is impossible because the universe couldn't have existed on it's own" but with no thousands of pages written, science would fill in nice things like E=MC2.

Even if there were no written texts or influences of religions, people would still think of "god". Perhaps they wouldn't call him "god' they might use other creative ways to explain what they don't know. BUT it is still "god" that they are thinking of.

There is no single path to God, there are many different roads along the way and we are all free to choose the path we wish, however all these paths will bring us to the same final destination.

The reason for believing into a God or in Gods is based upon those texts, and because the image of such a God doesn't fit into your idea about life (in every living thing God is),

the reasons for believing in God are truly personal for each person, regardless if influence by texts or not. However before you make a comment like that, I suggest you read about many religions and their sacred texts. I have read the bible, the koran, the torah, the vedic texts and other writings before I was able to come to the conclusion I have

you say that you should forget it, and there you have a nice established privately made religion of which the fundaments are being trown away because they don't fit in the picture.

Yes I do say that, but that was a comment expressed specifically to Deep, because we share common ideals, upbringing and beliefs. I never said everyone should follow my path...my path is truly a personal one and I am very sure that it would not work for many.

Where would the reason be for believing in such a God as you believe in when those texts about God were never written?

I have come to believe what I believe from personal experiences in my life and from astral trips in which certain things were shown to me. That is why I do not agree with any particular religion...they all make good points and all have truths to them, however none tell the total truth or show the complete picture.

And the idea that God is in every living thing is just an assumption.

If you want to call it an assumption, feel free to do so. But by simply looking at my fellow humans and all living creatures, it is obvious that God is in everything. Mojom provided some very interesting quotes, if you scroll up and read them, you might gain some insight as why I believe the way I do. BTW, I can also call beliefs in bible, koran and torah assumptions too. these people assume that what they are reading are the words of God, and assume that their way is the only way and the right way. All religions are based on assumptions.

Will you understand if you leave the thousands of pages written for what they are and create a religion of your own?

I may write thousands of pages on my beliefs but they do not become a religion. Religion is built upon the enforcement of beliefs. I would never force my beliefs on anyone, because that is not my duty. Like I said before, everyone has to find their own path...however if my words affect some and they choose to believe what I say, then so be it, but it doesn't make what I say a religion.

Now if you are an educated open minded person you will understand that my reasoning is very logical, I do not force my beliefs on everyone, and I accept that everyone has a right to choose what they believe in. However I refuse anyone's assurance that they know the whole truth, and that their way is the only way and the right way, for no one can ever know that.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
I cant believe 95% of posters on this topic actually think they are Gods. We are limited beings and everybody should know this by life experiences.

I believe that this is not what people mean in this thread. You and I are god, not gods. It is sort of like how your cells are you, but are not actually in control of you.

God is an ocean and our bodies, as is everything in existence, are cups which scoop up the water. We are god (water), but not the ocean even though the ocean is only made of water.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Truth, I am not saying I am a GOD as in I created everything, I am the alpha and the omega.
I think Jonna does a good job explaining what we are trying to say.

However you claim we are limited beings and everyone should know this by life experiences.....WELL I am not a limited being....human have potentials that we are not even aware of as of yet, you do realize that there is a large portion of your brain that you don't even use? WELL there is and those who can tap into these resources have proven themselves not to be limited to the accepted norm. From my life experiences I know I am not a limited person.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We only limit ourselves.

The devil has no power unless we give it to him.

Lucifer was an angel sent to watch over the Earth. The war between Gog and Magog happened when he realized that human ("HU"=God man) beings were God living a human experience. He thought he was going to be ruler, and realized he was subservient to the humans.

He started the War.
Michael, Gabrielle...etc., against Lucifer and his side. He lost and was banished from Heaven for eternity. (He still rules the Earth).

He is still trying to gather for his side.
They talk about the War of Magog and Gog happening after the 1000 years of Peace.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
One problem with cells.

Cells are a part of us but they cannot sin, and they cannot have free will to think other wise.

basically I believe in revealed truth God has sent down, if we make up our own truth by false searches we become distant from God and are not his children. We are apart of God in the sense that he created us, but we are not apaart of what he knows to be true if we believe otherwise.

God created us, he knows what is true and not, he is not evil but only good, and evil came from free will, the ability to decide what to believe. Once we are evil in Gods eyes then I believe we are not his children anymore but children of falsehood since he revealed himself and his truth to us..

yes i am aware that about 80% of our brain is not used, and God created us this way for a reason. So we would not destroy the earth the second he created it, so he limited us and put bounderies on us.

peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

yes i am aware that about 80% of our brain is not used, and God created us this way for a reason. So we would not destroy the earth the second he created it, so he limited us and put bounderies on us.

Well, then your God failed.

"Five thieves who live within this body are lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego. They rob us of ambrosia, but the egocentrics do not understand it and no one listens to their cries" (Guru Amar Das, Sorath)

God as is " I ",
To become Gods we must reach this 4 state of Consciousness, Nirvana, Ambrosia.
Its only after we realize after reaching pure consciousness, that the Reality does not manifest from the outside but is manifested from inside of us.

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

our own destruction and it actually has already began, but one thing we cannot creat is a soul. we cannot creat our emotions and the pure feeling of our senses thata God has given. A soul cannot be created by technology, so we

Of course we can creat Souls, Seekerof clarified that already. Children, offspring

We express our emotions, we create emotions in others. We define our selves by comparing our emotions to others.

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Of course we can creat Souls, Seekerof clarified that already. Children, offspring

I disagree. We create the shell. We don't necessarily fill it.
What you are talking about is physical creation through procreation. As the soul is spiritual does it necessarily follow that it is physically created by us?
Sure, through our actions we guide our children's emotions and fine tune them, but are those emotions not already present in some form right from the moment of the child's birth and even in the womb?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Your right, I should have been more clear. Man cannot conjur souls, but can destroy them at will.

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sure, through our actions we guide our children's emotions and fine tune them, but are those emotions not already present in some form right from the moment of the child's birth and even in the womb?

How are they present in the womb, I believe thier consciousness is present, but children born cannot process emotions through any sort of logic and reason.

Deep

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join