It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should Clone dead Talent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Let's say you clone Beethoven, would the clone be capable of the same musical talent as the donor?

If so why dont we clone all these lost talents? Why waste the talent from a DNA which is the product of man's evolution. That DNA belongs to mankind so lets use it and not let it waste away, heck it took us millions of years to reach that level.

I say we clone ten thousand Einstein's and use them to help solve the Worlds problems. Heck I would be one of the 10,000 Einsteins, I would consider it a privilege.

I dont have any moral issues with it personally.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by earth2]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

What a fantastic idea and I wish I thought of it, why not, who could object to this idea.
I submitted DNA years ago to find my ancestors supposedly back into England, Ireland, Scotland and Western Europe and hope some day to find my roots, so far none from there have come forward, but I was added with a lot of hope to the Lost Colony of Virginia 1587 , maybe someday, we shall see, gwhint

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Cloning used for entertainment? maybe only for einstein's and steven hawking's. But for entertainment? What if you woke up in a lab one day, and these scientist cheered but eventually told you the ultimate truth.

the truth, that you die years ago in a grusome tap-dancing accident, or flipped your vet off a cliff in a movie scene. some Amazing but Trivial fact, only to come to the conclusion that you were reborn for nothing more than the pleasure of others.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
On the flip-side those key Gene sequences could be very valuable, but not for cloning. Understanding subtle differences and the behavior of evolution patterns is priceless. Genetic engineering, and gene-therapy could be used to make a slight "upgrade" in the future of humanity, extending lifespans, doubling IQ levels, (the good stuff) etc. etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I disagree with the idea. For one we can't be sure that "talent" lies in DNA. I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of factors that contribute to "talent", other than just plain "smarts" (i.e. musical genius, mathematical genius, etc.). Your surroundings and situations have a strong influence as well. Say for instance Beethoven was born in a small village in Central Africa - then no one would have known of his existence never mind his name. Say Einstein was born Japanese... Say he helped to build an H-Bomb for the Japanese to drop on the US and not the other way round... So, I would say that "talent" and circumstances both play a role...

Secondly - there are thousands of struggling musicians, businessmen, mathematical geniuses, etc. etc. out there. We've got the same sort of talent - in some cases even better - as Mozart and Einstein. They just don't get the same opportunities the "historical talent" may have had. (Or perhaps they don't know they have the potential, and need to be discovered?) For instance can you name one modern day composer? My guess is you can't. And we've got some pretty darn good modern day composers! The reason why you know about Einstein, Beethoven, Mozart, Shakespeare, Da Vinci, etc. etc. is because they were pioneers. They did groundbreaking work. We've got talent that can do the same stuff, perhaps better, but no one cares, because it's old news. Been there, done that. Rather give the modern day talent the opportunity than bringing old farts back from the dead.

Thirdly. Do you really expect Einstein (or 1 000 000 Einsteins) to solve the problems of the world? Einstein couldn't solve the problems of his own time - in fact he had a hand in making it worse...

And finally, cloning people (i.e. adding more people to the planet) isn't going to do anything for the already big problem of over-population, famine, unemployment rate, etc.

[edit on 12/5/07 by Gaspode]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would like to see Jimi Hendrix come back.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

Yea but you could look at it in another way, suppose Eintstein was born today, he would have access to so much more information. Heck he would be able to pick up were if left off.

They were pioneers because they had super talent.
If Beethoven could hear all the music history since he died plus everything he had created there is no tellings what he could come up with.
It wouldnt be old news thats for sure.

Same with Einstein, if he didnt have to waste his youth on everything he had solved, imagine.

I think there is more than environment playing a role in Einsteins talent.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by earth2]

new topics

top topics

join