It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were these injections for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hello there. I and someone i met who is ex army got talking. After half an hour we got talking about the goings on in Porton Down. He then said that he was given 2 injections that he had no clue what they were. He was ordered to the medical office in basic training. (not sure how many weeks in). when he got there there was many other basic training recruits there in line.
When he got inside he was given 2 injections with no explanatiopn to why he was given them or what they were. He says he did ask. Some of the fellow recruits had a temporary rash at the site of one of the injections shorlty afterwards

Thismight only have happend to this batch of recruits or one in every so many batches as this is something that ive only heard once.

1) What could this have been

2) why was it given.

If anyone has an idea why then youre welcome to put an answer here

[edit on 4-12-2007 by silk101]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I know in Ranger School you get two injections of Penicillin. The shock on your system is sometimes too much for your immune system to handle so they do their best to keep you from getting ill during the training. Perhaps they used to do that or do it in certain instances in Regular Army as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think it was steroids, or a type of testoterone. They gives those guys those shots so they can go on a killing spree.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
anthrax and flu shots???

I thought I read or heard somewhere that soldiers were given anthrax shots..don't know if that was recent, or if it applied to every in the armed services or just certain departments..

and well the flu shot..because supposedly at anytime we could have a pandemic..

just a thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Please tell me your kidding

When I was in bootcamp, I had two injections in one day, both in the back of the arm. I don't remember what they were. Then a few days later, we got 2-3 more, standard vaccination stuff, I think. It was a long time ago...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For sure I would think they would tell you- some people are allergic to penicillin. They would think twice on not telling them when one has a severe reaction.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In regards to penicillin injections, yes they check your med records first to make sure you are not allergic (Sure hope you didn't lie during your physical! Most do.) I do not know what one receives if you happen to be allergic though.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
Hello there. I and someone i met who is ex army got talking. After half an hour we got talking about the goings on in Porton Down. He then said that he was given 2 injections that he had no clue what they were. He was ordered to the medical office in basic training. (not sure how many weeks in). when he got there there was many other basic training recruits there in line.
When he got inside he was given 2 injections with no explanatiopn to why he was given them or what they were. He says he did ask. Some of the fellow recruits had a temporary rash at the site of one of the injections shorlty afterwards

Thismight only have happend to this batch of recruits or one in every so many batches as this is something that ive only heard once.

1) What could this have been

2) why was it given.

If anyone has an idea why then youre welcome to put an answer here

[edit on 4-12-2007 by silk101]

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hello out there, i know these are outdated posts but i'm very curious to know what year this was. i had a simular situation the end of 81 in basic training and a friend of mine in 86. there are tons of blogs out there about reactions to injection. i just cant find anything from 81-86.

top topics

join