It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im the girl who found something on the camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by werstoopid

It wasn't recorded at your friends house! You said you had already looked through the videos once at YOUR house, then went to the bathroom, then saw the video...Hmmm Why would you look at them a second time? Its like getting your pictures developed, you look at them once, but then decide to loo at them again. why?

People this young girls story is full of loop holes....

-Jimmy-

Lame...

PS read my previous post

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
May I ask how you came about this site? and is the camera yours? would your friends pull a prank on you like this?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Also sorry for the questions but have you noticed any black or unmarked SUVs near your home?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I agree with others here stating that considering all the ideas here given so far about this vid, the most likely explanation, without having to speculate unreasonably, is that it is a very out of focus, inadvertantly recorded video of a bodypart with some of yours or a friends voice mixed in for flavor.

How we would be able to determine which body part from a 1.5 sec snippet is beyond me, so we have to use our imaginations as far as that goes. Not enough data. That is where this goes south and that is why we are getting mixture of aliens, EVP, ITC, toes, fingers and whatnot. It is also possible that this is a piece of video that was intentionally taken but after having been recorded over a couple of times, this is all that remains from the original from under new recordings, or from between two new recordings.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, but when i watched the vid of "the thing" it really did look a lot like a penis with a couple of fingers playing with it....seriously..

I even rewound it several times, just to make sure. are we sure this isn't a hoax?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First, thanks for joining our little world of craziness!

Second, I took part in the other thread that discussed your video. I mentioned there and someone here did as well Occam's Razor, which simply means the most simple explanation is (or most likely) correct.

I'm not going to discount you *seeing* something in the video. Each of us are able to make up our own minds. However, what I think you will find in this thread are three views.

1. The believer. This person, because of personal beliefs or past experiences, will suspend critical analysis and immediately recognize the image to be that of an alien. Flaws in the storyline will be justifyed and heartfelt compasion and defense of the poster will prevail. These people will want the next group to leave this thread as quickly as possible.

2. The skeptic. This person considers all the evidence and tries to eliminate all logical possibilities before considering alternate views. This is not to say that this person can not or does not believe in subjects like UFOs or aliens, but that they hold true to the mantra "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

3. The thread killers. These people are in here simply to cry "hoax" or make childish and, often, very harsh comments towards the OP. While indeed this story might be entirely made up, these people have a tendency to get the mods involved in a negative manner, often resulting in the thread being closed.

FYI, I'm in group 2. I still hold the belief that this was an accidental recording. However, I am open to you presenting more information, such as the specifics of the cameras that were used. I also welcome you trying to get more information about the videos, especially a time/date stamp.

Good luck with your analysis and I hope you get your answer to what this is.

edit: correct stupid typos

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighttowel
You just enjoy putting people down

Yeah,coz you know me SO well

There was,and still is, one line in that post THEN you go and post another one underneath the one I'm replying too!!

Read the white bits when you hit reply..

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion.

What is it you don't understand??

If the one liner underneath was referring to me BTW
"If she wants attention,what's it to me?"

Then I would state that she's in the wrong place if she has created a hoax for that particular purpose.. BUT as it happens she was invited her to tell her story and she has every right to do so.

I personally don't believe it,so I won't take any more part in this thread.No insult to her.. No loss to her either.

Good luck to whatever goal she aims to achieve but whatever it is,people like you are damaging that because if you continue with one liners then the thread will degenerate into a "youtubefest" and it'll just get closed.
See ya.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm with Jimmy. This chick can't even get her story straight. Someone should tell her Mommy and Daddy or guardian. I'm young and a female and her eyes tell no truth. I feel sorry for her.

This sort of thing is sport for boppers and tweenies and they don't work alone. They hunt in small groups. When will adults learn that they can be "played" like a video game? When will parents get a clue that children require attention... children are not lifestyle accessories they are family.

She'll be a celeb at her school and queen for a day. BTW: expect her fairy-tale to ramp up and have more chapters and episodes ever-more dire. Thank you for contributing to the delinquency of minors.

Mira

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I also think it was a accidental recording from what has been explained. If I found that on my camera personally I would just delete it and think I must have accidentally knocked the camera. People can have their own views tho, theres no need for the hostile comments in any of these threads on ATS; it's a discussion at the end of the day, not a full blown argument.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi Danielle,

First let me just say thank you and well done for having the guts to come here and post about your personal experience.
Try not to take to heart the negative comments that appear here; I feel if you were attention seeking you would have come up with a slightly more elaborate story e.g. abduction or shadow people etc.

My view on this is that yes it could be an accidental recording or something more genuine but without the original recording I find it difficult to come to any definite conclusions. I wish you luck with trying to recover the original recording as I feel you would get more help if some of our resident computer whizzes could get their hands on it. At this time my only advice would be to consider some sort of trap setting i.e. leave your web cam recording when you are asleep or set it up to start recording if it senses movement in the room; I have also read of other methods like leaving a shoe by your bedroom door, movement traps that sort of thing.

I have had one experience of a sort of where I saw this U.F.O. in the sky clear as day; I proceeded to record with my camera phone which was a 1.3 mega pixel camera. The odd thing was I could see it with my eyes but when I looked at it through the phones screen I could not see the said U.F.O. and at the time I thought it was the screen being too small so it was not showing the detail and I thought well once I get it in my computer I can have a proper look with a good monitor. This was not the case as once I had downloaded them to my pc I could still not see the U.F.O. I know this has no bearing on your experience but I thought it a good example of how these strange things can and do happen.

What ever you decide to do good luck with it and I hope you find an answer to your mystery.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry, don't have time to read this entire silly thread but I was wondering...Earlier this year wasn't there another thread where three girls got together and were yanking everyone's chain? Just a thought, don't remember the thread title, sorry if this idea has already been tossed around.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The green pattern on the video sure matched the green/blue/red patterns on your bed cover.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Let's address the concept of "thread killer" a little further. I think you're treating us a little too negatively. Sure, I agree that some of us were a bit too harsh, but I can hardly blame how I'm sure the too harsh ones felt. IMO, threads like this are not useful and are in fact detrimental. For the first part, the topic's been beaten to death, for the second part, there's little evidence to go off of and what little we *do* have screams hoax. Finally, everything just kind of comes together with the, I dunno, three threads here to create an atmosphere of silliness. Is it really so bad wishing the thread would be closed and working toward that regard, as long as one is not nasty?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Come on people this entire thing is a well thought out trolling attempt.

The poster's name is almost grounds enough to question everything, "Werstoopid"? Why would anyone make an account with that name in order to 'enlighten' us to the truth?

This thread/video combo is dubious.

(Edited because I'm tired and my grammar is absolutely horrible right now.)

[edit on 3/12/07 by Duality]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
The green pattern on the video sure matched the green/blue/red patterns on your bed cover.

That's a great observation.

You know, I participated in the last thread that was created around the validity of this video; I was ignored by the OP because I didn't agree with her, after creating multiple well thought out posts. I honestly don't see the point in posting here, because it's just going to turn out like the last one.

"Here's why i think this video is bunk."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yes, look, here!"

"Nuh-uh!!"

If someone wants to believe something, or someone is hell-bent on hoaxing a web-site, they're going to believe/keep doing it regardless of any kind of evidence or logic you present them with. Have fun.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ATS used to intrigue me, in fact I just read posts for almost year before I joined and posted, then I waited almost to post again.

I am not just a guy who trolls to annoy.
But topics like this compel me to post… Why?

1. I am completely tired of the people on this (and most other) boards who like to bash on the skeptics as "haters" , "trolls" and "flamers".

Just because someone believes what you are saying/posting/commenting on is UTTER HOGWASH doesn't mean they "hate" you or anything else.
When someone asks you to back up a silly claim with more than "I said so" you cannot come back with "Hater" and be taken seriously.

(That said, jerks do exist and they should be tossed)

Saying "hater" doesn't absolve you of the need to provide any kind of reasonable proof.

2. I am even more completely tired of the amount of credibility given to posts such as this. A young girl captures an alien on a webcam?

This thread is one of the most complete wastes of time I have ever had the misfortune of getting caught up in.

I started reading because I thougtht it was funny, then started getting annoyed when I began to see the reinforcement posts.. the "maybe it has a crush on you" and "I believe" and "don't let anyone change your mind", "be strong girl" JUNK comments.

To sit here and let all of you people reinforce this girls beliefs (if it isn't an outright joke) and subject her to a life of being the village finger pointee is inexcusable.

At BEST you should all be saying, "we do not know what it is, but it probably ISN"T an alien stalking you."

Where is ATS going these days, in the last few years the quality of people has taken a serious downturn. It used to be serious people, now we have legions saying

“DoodZ I saws me a alien in my pudding cake last night.. they wuz talkin to me 4 sure? Look at my YouTube Video.. blah blah blah me me me me me me me me me”

Its getting so bad that almost everything is dismissed as soon as I see it..

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

No, not at all. In fact I petitioned the mods to close the other thread exactly for the reasons you stated. I agree with you, though not necessarily on the *hoax* part. Not enough pieces to state this conclusively.

I was being pretty general in my categorizations. Could I have broken it down even further? Sure. How 'bout these.

I could have come up with a group called "Fence Sitters" who would fall in between groups 1 & 2.

These are the folks who want very much to believe and, perhaps, lean towards believing the story intially. However, they wait to see if anyone will come up with proof to either prove or disprove the story. When that happens, they'll be more than happy to post "I told you so" or "I knew it was true/false".

Or, how about another group called "Show Me The Money" who would fit in between groups 2 & 3.

This group, while remaining skeptical exhibits jovial tendencies while demanding proof from the OP. These people don't take the story seriously and make that point loud and clear in the thread, often interjecting humor into their posts to reflect this.

I'm not slamming anyone. Just how I generally see these types of threads.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by werstoopid
Ever since I've been little I've had horrible dreams about aliens.I actually had 1 yesterday.

I know I shouldnt be scared but with my past full of horrible nightmares, I dont know what to do!

That would be an indication you have had an experience of abduction or seen alien(s) in the ethereal state of consciousness. Some times these happen as out of body experience because the aliens can and do retrieve the victim from the physical state.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I Call bunk On this video its ridiculously fake.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by werstoopid

Werstoopid/Lonelygirl15....same difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join