It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im the girl who found something on the camera

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Also, I think we have better things on ATS to pick apart than this.
I think that's the main thing that bugs me. People have to disprove everything here no matter how blatantly boring, useless or obviously hoaxed something is.
For me this falls into the category of boring and useless.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Yes, I listened many times. To me it sounds like she is saying "So, I....".

If that be the case, then she was either conversing with someone in person or on the phone. Maybe she was sitting on her bed talking to someone on the phone and had her camera nearby.

She says she's nervous and scratches her face when she is. I would venture that she's fidgety as well. She uses her hands a lot in the video.

So, she's sitting on her bed, talking on the phone and she's got her camera (or whatever recording device was used) in her hand. She's engaged in conversation, not paying attention to what she is doing and starts fidgeting with the camera. She accidentally hits the record button for a couple of seconds and presses it again, taking a close up of bottom of her foot. Because she's engaged in conversation, she doesn't even realize that she did this. She finds it later and can't recall taking the video. But, because of her pre-occupation with aliens (she's had dreams about them for years), she equates the unknown in this video with something that scares her. Given the fact that the image is round, it would fit the popular definition of an alien.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah that's the point, it's easily explainable. And yeah it sounded like 'so i'

I think ats should take more of an approach like the guys on that series 'ghost hunters'.
If they're called in and can replicate or explain anything the occupants were talking about, they have to dismiss it.

That is what will gain ats more respect, instead of paying attention to stuff like this.

If we take that approach for this case, she has nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Werstoopid...a place where I believe most of us aren't.

Here are my thoughts on the subject after reading through this thread and watching the video.

Some so far have said that it's probably a recording error and have advised you to try and recover the video itself if you really are curious. This is probably the best advice since there is absolutely nothing else to go on. A recording error sounds reasonable to me and the connection to later seeing what you believe to be a UFO in the clouds may just be your subjective mind trying to build a connection to what you tend to believe could be an alien in your video.

The people that have said this should not be attacked by believers for not jumping to outlandishly premature conclusions. It doesn't help her to advise her on something most people know little to nothing about. Let alone encourage her in exploring something that could potentially be damaging should it turn out to be nothing. I say to you as a fellow believer to also keep and open mind to the possibility of this being merely a mundane occurrence.

I've seen some in the other thread go so far as to bring Mars into the subject. To me that is just going too far too fast.

To those that have gone so far as to prematurely conclude this to be an authentic video of an actual alien or advise her that they are in her room because she may be creative and they are comfortable with her, I'd say be careful of your advice. Werstoopid, you should know that the alleged accounts of alien encounters/abductions range the gambit of personality types in regards to the subject abducted. Some claim to have even been skeptics beforehand while others longtime believers.

More importantly though, you should know that not all alleged encounters and abduction stories are pleasant ones. Some of these alleged experiences have damaged the lives of the people involved and from that perspective their creativity and comfort zone were a non-issue to the beings that acted against their will. If this video was something related to an encounter I doubt it would have taken place because they think you're "cool". The "you're special/chosen" line can be a bit of manipulation of our own desire for uniqueness and can allow unscrupulous entities to act freely.

That of course is not meant to scare you but to make you wary of any type of REAL encounter like this. Most people don't even know what is going on or what they should do about it. I personally think you have nothing to worry about since I believe this is not an alien on your video and a case of over-imagination. Nevertheless be cautious.

Unless there is a longer version, the video itself is only a few seconds and there is nothing else to do or say about it other than "it could be this" or "we don't know what it is." How could we? We can only speculate. Giving you the benefit of the doubt I'd say it's an accidental recording by you or the device you used.

Good luck and please don't worry.

p.s. Your father has nothing to fear from this brief and blurry recording and he really needs to set the example for you. Otherwise your poor mom will end up comforting both of you at night.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by werstoopid
Ever since I've been little I've had horrible dreams about aliens.I actually had 1 yesterday.

I know I shouldnt be scared but with my past full of horrible nightmares, I dont know what to do!

Seriously, if you have had horrible nightmares about this for years then you should go see someone on a professional level. This doesn't mean you're crazy, but you need to do something to help with your nightmares.

Of course, this video and your other you tube videos don't really show someone who, in my opinion, exhibits behaviors assocatiated with frequent nightmares. You seem like a normal teenager to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by werstoopid

Some questions for you that you should be able to answer for us.

Where on your camera did you find this video?

Was it at the end of the list?

Was it between two other videos?

If it was between two other videos, what were they of?

What is the make/model of the digital camera used to record these videos?

How often do you have your camera with you?

Do you ever have your camera while on your bed?

What was the moon like when you saw the UFO (full moon, crescent?) at 2:00AM.

Do you wear socks when you go to bed?

Do you have pajamas that contain green in them?

Is that green on your bedspread (one with rainbows) that we see in your youtube video?

Was that bedspread on your bed the night you saw the UFO?

Why is your dad scared?

Do you really want answers?

Can you believe that there might be a logical explanation for this?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
every post you reply entertaining this person makes her laugh harder & louder at you. Her username even takes the piss out the believers here. Im embarassed for you.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just want to say that I am very disappointed with the attitude of some of our members here on ATS.

We are here for a harmless discussion about something that we may not be able to explain with out a professional analysis. It looks more and more like it might be an accident of some kind with the web cam but at this point we cannot say either way.

We have lots of video and imaging professionals here on ATS that should be able to analyze the video and say one way or another what this is.

Until then I don't see the harm in having a civil discussion about opinions or the possibilities. We are not panicing or creating panic and we are not trying to convince anyone that aliens are going to come down and abduct us all, we are just trying to have a civil discussion. So I think that some of you really need to chill out.

If we cannot come to ATS and discuss things like this then we have a serious problem.

Werstoopid - After we have all came to some kind of conclusion as to what this is please stick around and educate yourself on what is really going on in the world that we live in. There is enough info on here to educate yourself 10 times more than you would get in any public or private school education. The only problem is that this is the kind of education that you cannot talk about with anyone else other that this community because of the extreme ignorance and narrow mindedness of the rest of the human population.

If you haven't noticed already we are the biggest and best community in these topics and we are one of the few that are at least trying to get this stuff out into the public. We are going places and doing great things that will change all of humanity forever, please be apart of it.

[edit on 12/3/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

Don't you understand that we'll lose our reputation if we take all posters who have say they have something but don't have any supporting evidence that it's worth our while? This can't just be "open mic night" with no moderation.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

We have lots of video and imaging professionals here on ATS that should be able to analyze the video and say one way or another what this is.

I believe that was done on the other thread. But was discounted immiediately by her friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi Danielle, thanks for coming over here to talk to us. I think if in fact you sat down to look at your videos and didn't see this one, then it showed up later; it's an indication that something is (or was) wrong with your camera.

I think it's possible that you or your friend were talking on the phone while one of you absentmindedly played with the camera with your foot, accidentally catching a second or two of toes and a snippet of speech.

And I think it's possible that something caused this accidental video to contain errors or 'bad data' - so that when you looked at the contents of the camera, it didn't show up. I think when you went to the bathroom, the camera could have still been reading the 'bad data', and by the time it got through processing what it could and displayed the video in the list, you were in the bathroom.

And to give you an extra benefit of the doubt, I think a possible 'bad sector' on the camera's media could have caused the capturing of the UFO to fail. And to further press that benefit of the doubt - I'll say that it's possible, however extremely unlikely, that the UFO activity caused the problems your camera is having.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
every post you reply entertaining this person makes her laugh harder & louder at you. Her username even takes the piss out the believers here. Im embarassed for you.

Don't be embarrassed for us. If she's laughing, she's the only one who knows that at the moment.

This thread is more relevant than the other one because we have access to this individual directly. This means we can ask relevant questions about her video and, hopefully, receive direct answers.

In any investigation, there is a process. I think there is a rational explanation for this. However, this is a good excercise for the ATS community to put on their "investigative" hats and try to help explain what this video contains. There are video experts here who should be able to give us more information about the video in question.

I'll contibue to ask further questions and contibute, if only for the sake of the betterment of the ATS community. And perhaps we can put this girls' fears to ease if we can show her that this is not a video of an alien. If it is a joke as some have suggested, then the only person who should feel bad is the OP. I certainly wont.

I ask all of you for your help in this matter and your commitment to "deny ignorance".

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Jim_Kraken - Actually....... You do make a good point and I do completely agree with you on that. Maybe the best thing for us to do is too move threads like this into the Paranormal Studies forum. This is actually more of a Paranormal phenomenon than anything else. This way people can freely discuss it and analyze it and not be bashed as much and it will also be one less not so credible thread in the UFO forum. That is a win, win, win for everyone.

MODS: Can we move this thread and the other one to the Paranormal Studies forum?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23

Or so they claim. A skeptic can claim to be an "expert" at anything he/she wishes... I take it with a grain of salt. Hell, on the other thread they were trying to legitimize the "art" of "body language."

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

I ask all of you for your help in this matter and your commitment to "deny ignorance".

Agreed!

Remember that the only difference between a young fool and an old fool is just age, so lets not discount anything and not believe everything also.

ATS is to deny ignorance, and with that comes the ability to look in from the outside and have and open mind, but be very discerning.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

True. But lets not discount all those claiming to be "experts". Claiming to be an expert in reading people is not any different then claiming to be an expert in ITC, correct? Lets practice equality, eh? LOL

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don’t have any vested interest in proving or disproving this, I just popped in to help originally, but I want to say that housegroove23 is right. You shouldn’t get so worked up about people coming here to ask about strange experiences they’ve had, ATS wouldn’t exists if that was the case. I think it’s good to have a wide variety of topics here, it draws in a wide variety of people.

Don't you understand that we'll lose our reputation if we take all posters who have say they have something but don't have any supporting evidence that it's worth our while? This can't just be "open mic night" with no moderation.

I think most people are capable of using discretion, and the ones that aren’t don’t really matter. There are nuts everywhere and if you worry about all of them you’ll become one. It’s not like she’s demanding a press conference, just asking for the opinions of the curious. This isn’t the worst thread I’ve seen here either, but then a again my threads have been called into question before and a female could tell me the same lie 30 times before I realize it. I don’t know, it just seems to me like some people can’t handle uncertainty so maybe they should stick to more solid threads.

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with an impressive demographic mix of members.

I’m sure you can find something to your liking if you don't like this thread.

p.s
Sorry about the one liner earlier, but it was before the thread blew up and I was trying to subtly warn dyingfun and defend werstoopid at the same time. My bad.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Please attempt to stay on topic .... the video.

Don't attack one another.

We don't need to use profanity to say what we think is in the video.

We certainly don't need any more one-liners.

Thank You.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Totally agree that people need to calm down on here, her name is werstoopid on youtube too if you even bothered to look, which she registered to youtube a year ago, which would suggest somewhat that she hasn't just chosen that username on here as something informative.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Right, but hasn't the video been discussed ad nauseum in another closed and locked thread? I mean... the same responses you got there, you are going to get here.

"The video is real."
"No it isn't."
"Here's why I think the video is bunk."
"You are wrong because I believe in the video."
Flame. Flame back.

How many pages really need to be wasted on an unproductive exploration of a tired topic?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join