It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of the Royal families

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There are many sites, all over the web, that can show where people have traced the royal family's genealogy all the way back to Adam and Eve. Or, at least there were a couple of years ago...I did one quick search before I posted this and found a site that was claiming the same info as I have seen several times in the past.

I have traced this line, myself, as my line very possibly, goes all the way back to there, also. I am descended, possibly, from two lines in my family. I say possibly, but even if one of my ancestors has the same name as one who definitely is descended from royalty, then that ancestor was probably named for the definite one and is therefore related (if you can understand that), but there is a concensus that she was the one that was definitely related to royalty.

One of the ways it is tied in to Adam and Eve is when the King of Jeruselem marries into a European royal family...can't remember which.

Yes, all "royal" families intermarried back then...even back to Egyptian times and the Pharoahs.

The Church of Latter Day Saints has a great genealogical site:

www.familysearch.org...

If I remember correctly, they have the Royal Family information there...somewhere, you if search correctly, I'm sure. It takes a while to go back through the families, and, sometimes the line will go back through the male, and sometimes the female side of the family.

Royal family information has been easier to suss out due to their being more affluent so as to maintain better birth and death records, cemetary information, etc.

Hope this helps,
FibroKat

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, the claim about the English bloodline going back to King David is based on the legends about the Prophet Jeremiah and his daughter eventually settling in England after having been kicked out of Israel and Egypt. There is a small amount of evidence pointing to the truth of this tale, so I won't debate that. However, there are two small problems. First, the Normans were nowhere near England around the time that this would have happened. Not to mention the fact that they wiped out as many of the Celts (who would have been closest to this line) and the Anglo-Saxons as they could, and despite that, the fact that no Norman King would marry an Ango-Saxon princess (if there even was one) who could have enabled the continuation of this bloodline. The second problem is that the current occupants on the throne of England are Germans. The family now known as Windsor, was formerly the Saxe-Coburgs. One might try to push along marriage alliances of this family, but Prince Philip, for example is Greek (albeit a descendent of Queen Victoria). Charles actually broke the tradition of marrying "out of the country" when he wed Diana (who actually had a more legitimate line to the throne than any of the Saxe-Coburgs). But that is irrelevant, I guess.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think I was wrong about the King of Jerusalem...but the lineage I remember seeing did go back to Roman times and beyond. Tried to re-find it online, but to no avail. I did this research years ago, so have lost my way a bit on this. I'll keep on trying to find it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You are thinking more or less along the right lines. Chapter six of Genesis talks about the Nefilim: have you discovered the work of Zechariah Sitchin in this regard? People tend to think of "Biblical" as soooo awesome and so awesomely "way back" but the past two thousand years (back to Jesus) and the past three thousand years (back to King David) are such a small blip in human history... I mean, there is such a bias anyway about the biblical royal line of the three "major" religions--i.e., Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Like the ancient royal families of the pagans from Sumer and Egypt, Babylon to Rome... the original highly literate peoples just dried up and blew away without a trace? What a conceit, to think they DIDN'T survive... somehow... som way... in some form or other. Why would people so intelligent and evolved and with "all that" going for them simply disappear without a trace, not even breeding into the royal families of the civilisations that succeeded theirs? If not actually BEING the royal families of the future?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
King David is said to be related to the Pharaohs of Egypt. There is a theory which states Moses was actually Ahkenaton (the monotheist pharaoh, I'm not sure on the spelling). Most of the kings and queens married other royal or noble lines. Marrying commoners is relatively new.
BTW, the royal family that recently reigned over Greece was German.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The real problem with trying to trace family blood lines is the old "mamma's baby daddy's maybe".Even royal families fooled around with the hired help.So at best you could only trace your maternal line with any confidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I believe that some sources consider the British Royal Family to be direct descendants of the emperor Constantine, but I am not positive.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Presidents related to British royalty George Washington (descendant of Edward III of England) Thomas Jefferson (descendant of Edward III of England) James Madison (descendant of Edward I of England) James Monroe (descendant of Edward III of England) John Quincy Adams (descendant of Edward III of England) William Henry Harrison and his grandson, Benjamin Harrison (descendants of Edward I of England) Zachary Taylor (descendant of Edward I of England) Franklin Pierce (descendant of Henry I of England) Rutherford Hayes (descendant of William I of Scotland and William the Conqueror) Grover Cleveland (descendant of Edward I of England) Theodore Roosevelt (descendant of James I of Scotland and Edward III of England) William Taft (descendant of Edward III of England) Warren Harding (descendant of Henry II of England) Calvin Coolidge (descendant of Edward I of England) Herbert Hoover (descendant of Edward III of England) Franklin Roosevelt (descendant of James II of Scotland) Harry S. Truman (descendant of Robert III of Scotland) Richard Nixon (descendant of Henry II of England) Gerald Ford (descendant of Edward I of England) Jimmy Carter (descendant of Henry II of England) George H.W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush (descendants of Edward I of England and Robert II of Scotland) Barack Obama (descendant of Edward I of England and William the Lion of Scotland)

Wiki

All the presidents have descended from Middle Age Royalty

top topics

<< 1   >>

join