It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Didn't Spark a Middle East Nuclear Arms Race, It's Joining the One Israel Started

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
It would be wise to follow your own words.

Have you ever looked into the translation? Why is it that almost every translation used by the Western media about what Ahmadenejad says is from MEMRI?

If you want to know what he said, here it is in Farsi:

Imam ghoft'een rezhim'e ishghalgar'e Qods bayad az safheh ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

In English:
"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time"

Vanishing from the page of time is an expression we do not use in Western english language, we use the expression "wipe from the map".
As to be expected with expressions like these, these two expressions from completely different regions and cultures do not mean the exact same thing, that still doesn't change that this Imam wants the Israeli Regime to vanish or change.

Which is bad enough if you ask me.

It would be interested to find out in what context the expression "vanish from the page of time" is used, and how hostile or threatening it really is.
Will have a look.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakko

So regime change is only okay if a western government is calling for it? A bit of a double standard, don't you think so?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well it all depends in what way and why.
I found a different translation of the speech, one that's more accurate:

This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history.' This sentence is very wise. The issue of Palestine is not an issue on which we can compromise. Is it possible that an [Islamic] front allows another front [i.e. country] to arise in its [own] heart? This means defeat, and he who accepts the existence of this regime [i.e. Israel] in fact signs the defeat of the Islamic world. In his battle against the World of Arrogance, our dear Imam [Khomeini] set the regime occupying Qods [Jerusalem] as the target of his fight. I do not doubt that the new wave which has begun in our dear Palestine and which today we are also witnessing in the Islamic world is a wave of morality which has spread all over the Islamic world. Very soon, this stain of disgrace [i.e. Israel] will vanish from the center of the Islamic world - and this is attainable.

Regardless of people disagreeing whether or not parts of this translation should be understood as threats or prophecies, it's clear that he agrees with an Imam that is not interested in finding a compromise or solution that everyone can live it.

What I find interesting about his speech is this sentence:

Is it possible that an [Islamic] front allows another front [i.e. country] to arise in its [own] heart?This means defeat, and he who accepts the existence of this regime [i.e. Israel] in fact signs the defeat of the Islamic world.

In the netherlands [christian/atheist] we allow another front [islamic people] to arise in our own heart. Soon the netherlands will have the biggest Mosque in Europe, paid for partly by dutch tax money.

In Europe most governments stand tolerant towards the Islam, yet it can be seen everywhere that countries and cultures under an Islamic regime do not stand tolerant towards other religions and opinions at all.

This scares people. Part of this fear is justified if you ask me.
Most religions and cultures allow the Islam to grow, yet the Islam and the Islamic culture will never allow other religions to grow.

Back on subject: what President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad means with regime is to be debated, but calling any country a "stain of disgrace that will be removed" seems a little over the top to me.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Jakko]

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Jakko]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
So lets get this right its ok for the Axis of evil to have nukes that is the US/UK/Israel and threaten to use them, and lets not forget the US has so on that basis alone there is more chance or the aforementioned using them than Iran who do not even have them.

And even if they did they would be used for defence purposes only so they still would not pose a threat to anyone.

Idiot mittens, "axis of evil", go be a homosexual and live in Iran, or maybe go to North Korea and open up a convenience store

Pathetic

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

This is why israel has to be ready, Irans president wants to destory a race of people because of Who they are!!!! But if you want to make an Issue heres a tidbit to play with; www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/index.html or www.fas.org/spp/stars/program/arrow.htm

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Yes, because everyone knows that only Jews live in Israel, and that no Jews live in Iran.

Where has Ahmadenejad ever said he wants to rid the world of Judaism? Don't believe into the non-sense that Israel = Judaism. There are Jews who oppose the creation of Israel, because it's a man made creation for God's kingdom, not the one promised to them from the end of days.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As I don't see reason to copy and paste the whole post, here is one I made in another iran bashing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

US report contradicts bush on iran nuclear program

[edit on 12/3/2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Where has Ahmadenejad ever said he wants to rid the world of Judaism? Don't believe into the non-sense that Israel = Judaism. There are Jews who oppose the creation of Israel, because it's a man made creation for God's kingdom, not the one promised to them from the end of days.

You're right he hasn't. He ust wishes to see Jews in the middle East subjugated by Muslims.
All Jews see Jeruslaem as the holy land and there rightful place, whether or not God or man gives it to them.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

All Jews see Jeruslaem as the holy land and there rightful place, whether or not God or man gives it to them.

Unfortunately, the same is true of both Christians and Muslims.

If they can't learn to share, eventually it will probably get "wiped off the map", to coin a phrase.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Lost in translation It's Race of People. Faith is not the issue, it's they have one, so we want one too, the bomb is the only real issue. N. Korea is in the dark ages, with wanting one too, do the math if one uses it, think of what hundreds of thousands of displaced people, starving, sick, death.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Even dealing with Jews in terms of race rather than religion, where has he ever said he wanted to kill off all the Jews?

[edit on 4-12-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Interesting that you choose to say that the Palis were there first when the fact is they were then and so were the Jews. Israel existed centuries before Islam became a religion. Think about the name of the holy city that the 3 religions each covet as a holy place. What is the name of that city again and who built it in the first place?

Also look at the link I provided. You can clearly see it wasn't Israel that prevented the creation of a nation of Palestine. Rather it was the same people who have always kept them from their own country. The arabs around them. Jordan, Egypt, and Syria.

Anyway that is not what this thread is about, sorry for the derailing of it.

Iran under their current leadership should never be allowed to have the bomb. Frankly the mullahs and their puppet cannot be trusted to keep such weapons out of the hands of terrorists. And by terrorists I am not talking about hezbollah, but the Rev. Guard.

The people of Iran need to take back their country from madmen and go back to the enlightened path of their past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join