It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
the robbers were doing what they could only do under the circumstances. did you know that during the holidays it's when the most thefts occur? it's societies fault that people have to break into homes to get gifts for their children. You don't shoot people, you punish them. Even if the two guys took a sony playstation 3. doesn't deserve to get shot. Like someone said, this guy is a racist redneck who looks out his window all day to make up excuses and shoot people.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I agree with you that they were guilty of robbery and I agree that Mr. Horn was within his rights to shoot them.
I still can't in my own mind justify the situation at hand. I can't help but think that somewhere there is a Mother and a father with a broken heart.
This is also something Mr. Horn will have to live with for the rest of his life. Even if his conscience is clear, he will always re-live that moment in his mind. I speak from personal experience and I can sympathize with Mr. Horn and with the surviving families.
There is just too much violence, blood and death in this world already.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Taze Me Bro

I gotta say that while we disagree on the point of whether or not Mr. Horn should be punished (I think he should be charged and tried for manslaughter), I applauded your stance and ability to relate with the fact that this whole thing is just a tragedy.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

I think he will be probably be tried for involuntary manslaughter but I think it will just be a technicality to appease the mobs. He will be cleared of all charges (again to appeaese the mobs) and the poor guy will probably have to move and change his name. Bottom line is, no one involved will ever be the same again including the immediate families who are guilty by association.

If you ask Mr. Horn five years from today if he would do it all the same I am willing to bet he would say "no"

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
the robbers were doing what they could only do under the circumstances.

The robbers where taking the easy way out, a decent person would have gotten a job. Like I said, even illegal immigrants can get work, so how is it that these two were somehow "forced" into this situation?

did you know that during the holidays it's when the most thefts occur? it's societies fault that people have to break into homes to get gifts for their children.

So is it society's fault when a criminal murders or rapes someone?

A good parent would never risk going to prison over Christmas presents. Stealing food for your starving family you could justify, but these people didn't lift a loaf of bread from the grocery store, they broke into someone's house. What do you think they would have done if someone was home when they broke in?

Like someone said, this guy is a racist redneck who looks out his window all day to make up excuses and shoot people.

Racist redneck? Do you have any evidence to back that up besides your own prejudices?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rahul Buttar

Racist redneck? Do you have any evidence to back that up besides your own prejudices?

it's my intuition. I've heard the call Rahul. anyone with common sense knows this guy is someone without an education. Hillbilly, angry old folk.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

the robbers were doing what they could only do under the circumstances. did you know that during the holidays it's when the most thefts occur? it's societies fault that people have to break into homes to get gifts for their children. You don't shoot people, you punish them. Even if the two guys took a sony playstation 3. doesn't deserve to get shot. Like someone said, this guy is a racist redneck who looks out his window all day to make up excuses and shoot people.

I cant believe anyone sympathizes with criminals. The 2 individuals CHOSE to commit a crime against another citizen. CHOSE TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST ANOTHER CITIZEN. I guarantee if someone committed a crime against you - your family and someone else dear to you....your stance would be incredibly different.

And can you please provide your facts that criminals are breaking into people's homes to steal presents for their kids.

Can you also provide the facts that he was a RACIST REDNECK and that he waits around all day to shoot people? Just by you calling him a "name" that makes you a racist.....no?

Unbelievable. Your statements are completely unbelievable.

Criminals suck and have ONLY themselves to blame.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

it's my intuition. I've heard the call Rahul. anyone with common sense knows this guy is someone without an education. Hillbilly, angry old folk.

Anybody with common sense knows that you cannot judge a person's education level by the sound of their voice.

I once lived in an apartment that was in the ghetto. The landlord was an African immigrant that didn't have the best English in the world. Over the course of our relationship I found out that he had a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and had once been a college professor but got out of the feild because he didn't want to do research.

Your comments lead me to believe that you're the racist.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I cant believe anyone sympathizes with criminals. The 2 individuals CHOSE to commit a crime against another citizen. CHOSE TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST ANOTHER CITIZEN.

do you know the definition of a crime? stealing a television is not considered a "Crime" under police investigations and court hearings or other law terms. it's petty theft. these guys didn't kill anyone.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Redneck=

Mr. Horn was a retired computer consultant

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
whatever he was, Mr. Horn commited a hate crime. I don't have to work for the FBI to know that. it was common knowledge in my college classes and any judge knows that he commited hate crime.

the guys did not commit a crime, under the law. So lets stop claims like those.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Are you kidding me?

Do I know the definition of crime. Well, its certainly not your definition. Are you a cop or a law enforcement professional?

LOL

Theft is a crime. And how would YOU feel if I broke into your house and stole all your stuff? Or what if I was over as a guest and stole something of yours?

Here is the definition of crime. Yours is wrong.

crime (krm) KEY

NOUN:

An act committed or omitted in violation of a law forbidding or commanding it and for which punishment is imposed upon conviction.

Unlawful activity: statistics relating to violent crime.

A serious offense, especially one in violation of morality.

An unjust, senseless, or disgraceful act or condition: It's a crime to squander our country's natural resources.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What college classes?

the guys did not commit a crime, under the law. So lets stop claims like those.

The 2 guys committed a crime.

BREAKING AND ENTERING & THEFT is a crime.

Holy Moly

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Oh no!!! The poor me and how the big bad "whitey" is keeping me down excuse........Lol well my intuition tells me these guys were just out to get a quik buck off of somthing that someone else actually worked and used their hard earned money to pay for "legally" ...I dont care how desperate you are their is absolutely no reason to break and enter into some one elses domain to steal their property.....The US is the most generous country in the world that will give handouts......And as far as this guy that shot them it simply looks to me as if he knew that his house could be next in line he was protecting his neighbor hood....Ever heard of the "Neighbor hood watch"???? Some people have guns to protect their environment.....But it always has to be a race issue doesnt it ??? I suppose if the person whos house was broken into if they had a couple of "pitt bulls" in there that would of ate these theives up....I guess we would be blaming "whitey" for that aswell also huh???? Or the fact they had a vicious animal.....Its always the same old excuse for people who want to neglect personal reasonsibility.....If these guys wouldny of put "themselves" in this situation and not breaking into another persons domain we wouldnt be haveing this conversation now would we?????? That is the problem "accountability" learn about it......

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

A serious offense, especially one in violation of morality.

You just contradicted yourself friend. stealing someone's laptop is not considered to be a serious offence.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

How did I contradict myself???

Stealing (theft) is a crime. It is a crime in every state and every country.

What college classes did you take that says theft, breaking & entering is NOT a crime?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Please... dude... yer killin me.
You aren't lending much to your side of the argument here.

I agree with the basic point that people should not be running around blowing each other away over a bag of material possessions or that hanging the label "criminal" on someone makes them viable targets for legal murder. I believe that Mr. Horn should be held responsible for his actions, just as criminals should be held accountable for theirs.

However, some of the comments you are making are... um... outright lunacy.
Yes, stealing a TV is a crime. It might be considered petty theft, but it's still a crime. A crime is breaking the law. Stealing 2 grapes from the grocery store while you are "testing" is a crime... it's just one that no one would ever bother to charge you with.

Please... for the rest of us who do believe that there was nothing but wrong done in by these events, stop making comments that are only going to harm the credibility of others trying to make a reasonable case to show that humanity needs to be considered first and that these were not the actions of a man who should be called a "hero".

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You just contradicted yourself friend. stealing someone's laptop is not considered to be a serious offence.

Do you know how to read dictionary definitions? Usually if a word has numerous meanings, they list them all. That is what I did. Crime-unlawful activity.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Fair enough. I will stop posting on this thread. But I will say one more thing, this guy is no hero. he's a blood thirsty killer. This will keep me from visiting Texas. good luck there.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Jedimiller, we appreciate your passion for the suject and I for one welcome your posts. Please don't feel like you have to stop posting.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join