It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey For Those Who See Chemtrails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I haven't seen any chemtrails here in W. Tennessee for quite some time now. The weather has cooled down a bit, and the skies have been beautiful lately.

I would be interested in taking the urvery u2u me,

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
About three weeks ago there was heavy chemtrails in the sky above Galveston and the surrounding areas. Two days in a row of the skies crisscrossed with trails. A couple of days later at least three people we know (who live/work in this area) got sick with upper respiratory type stuff and are still having lingering cough. Could be the chemtrails, or could be just seasonal stuff. Interesting about the timing, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HellcatEmi
About three weeks ago there was heavy chemtrails in the sky... A couple of days later at least three people we know (who live/work in this area) got sick with upper respiratory type stuff and are still having lingering cough.

What about the other people who live and work in your area? Surely if this stuff is in the air it should affect everybody, or at least a sizeable fraction?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slidebyem

If I knew how to email you, I would. I'm not the most computer literate person you will meet

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Don't think I could have said it better if I tried. I've always heard questioning one's sanity means that they are sane and when we quit questioning, it means we have fallen on the wrong side of the crazy wall.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by TheAvenger

Thank you, sir or ma'am.

I think that, in the Western world at least, the era when governments could conduct mass experiments on their unknowing citizens and get away with it are well over. It died with the Cold War.

I don't think I can agree that the governments couldn't continue to conduct mass experiments without our knowledge. The men and women of the armed forces follow orders and I doubt many of them think twice about the materials they come in contact with. I know I didn't until late in my career. And who says that it's the military doing the spraying?

If someone's given a plausible excuse we will do most anything. How many of us have even questioned the foggers that drive though our streets at night. Most of us just assume it's for pest control.

In fact, I dare say, most of the public doesn't care or want to know. When I first heard of Chemtrails, I believed that they were just contrails. Then I got a job where I could observe the morning skys and began to notice a difference in the rate they disappeared. Now I believe there spraying something. But what, I don't know.

There are those in office who wouldn't think twice about using the masses if they thought it was going to serve the perceived "Greater Good."

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
When I first heard of Chemtrails, I believed that they were just contrails. Then I got a job where I could observe the morning skys and began to notice a difference in the rate they disappeared. Now I believe there spraying something. But what, I don't know.

But to truly be objective, you must determine the temperatures of the different atmospheric levels, as well as know what height those planes are travelling at. Otherwise your assertion that they are chemtrails because they last longer amounts to nothing more than unfounded speculation. Condensation disperses at different rates depending on the ambient temperature. You can do this test yourself at home with a glass of chilled water and a room that has air-conditioning.

It's all well and good to speculate, so long as the things you are speculating about can't be directly observed and tested. But in this case, it can be tested, with the help of weather balloons and/or weather planes + dropsondes. Otherwise it's mere conjecture and a basis for bad science.

Fortunately for you, meteorologists have actually done the necessary tests and concluded that persistent contrails do exists. Not only do they exists, they can last for days. On top of that, some persistent contrails can eventually transform into cirrus clouds and be indistinguishable from natural cirrus formations.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1

In fact, I dare say, most of the public doesn't care or want to know. When I first heard of Chemtrails, I believed that they were just contrails. Then I got a job where I could observe the morning skys and began to notice a difference in the rate they disappeared. Now I believe there spraying something. But what, I don't know.

There are those in office who wouldn't think twice about using the masses if they thought it was going to serve the perceived "Greater Good."

Exactly, and the "Greater Good" being the corporate gods they worship.

www.earthsave.ca...

I'll take the survey.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

But aren't those meteorologist more interested in protecting their jobs, in pulling in those paychecks that will put Cindy in dance class and Junior in basketball lessons and keeping their own face on TV? What about our own perceptions? What about those that look up and feel the wrongness, an instinctual wrongness in the lines marring our skies, the lines that we didn't see that many years ago? How long do we trust the experts, when we know that when it comes to our own paychecks we make concessions and compromises, not for the betterment of society, but to maintain the status quo in our own existence.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Then I got a job where I could observe the morning skys and began to notice a difference in the rate they disappeared.

What does your job tell you about the contrails here in central alaska when the temps are -30 outside? Do you think they linger for a long time or dissipate quickly?

Just curious

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You've misquoted me. That was in response to paraclete's post. But if you were asking me about that situation in Alaska, I'd say it would last longer, based on my own observations of cup-side condensation in a chilly room.

reply to post by Vikturtle

Hence if the chemtrailers wanted to really convince people, they themselves would have to do actual scientific tests, instead of talking out of their ass. Actual test that can be replicated by others -- the basis for peer-review papers.

Without that, I'd stick to the experts combined with my own observations of a smaller scale (the condensation on a cup in a chilled room).

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

But what if you submit samples to approved labs and they refuse to process what you have submitted? That seems to happen a lot to "chemtrailers".

And the only thing I can compare it to in my short experience on this earth is that folks don't usually tell you what they are doing is bad for you, especially those in positions of authority. Abusive parents tell us what they are doing to us is for our best interests, abusive people inform us that what they are doing is because of our own actions and doctors dispense medications and then more medications to deal with the side of effects of the other medications we are on, never reaching the base of what is making us ill. So trusting the experts and not listening to that voice inside, seems like putting our trust in those whose agendas are far different than our own.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
chemtrails exist.
I saw a lengthly grid tonight in the sunset.
It was right over the city.
Asked myself if anyone out there that looked up at the sky actually noticed, let alone knew.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
But what if you submit samples to approved labs and they refuse to process what you have submitted? That seems to happen a lot to "chemtrailers".

Why would they refuse to process the samples? What reasons did they give for their refusal?

At any rate, if you get refused, contact The Avenger. He's been asking for samples to be submitted to him for a long time now, and he is a scientist. If the chemtrail folk are truly serious, they'd figure out a way to do actual testing, instead of giving excuse after excuse.

The burden of proof is on the ones making the claims.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NelysStar

I often wonder if anyone sees them, many times as the sky is incredibly littered, I will watch the people and no one seems to notice. Freaks me out a bit.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
I often wonder if anyone sees them, many times as the sky is incredibly littered, I will watch the people and no one seems to notice.

I notice them too, but I don't jump the gun and call them something they're not. You have to realise that the number of planes in the sky is increasing daily, as more people use air-travel. Factor in the growth of budget airlines and you'll see that there's nothing abnormal about the growth.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Maybe The Avenger needs to advertise on chemtrail sites, maybe the folks don't know there is someone seeking to help them.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

He makes it known on this website, in chemtrail threads. I believe that is good enough. There's no indication that he is charging for the testing, so advertising it on some other site seems to be a waste of money. If you're serious about getting some tests done, drop him a U2U. I'm sure he'll be glad to accommodate you.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There is so much information out there. Look for it, you are interested, you will find. Skeptic yes....disprove yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I will accept there is nothing wrong with the growth, but I still feel there is something wrong with seeing two planes, visually in the same part of the sky, close together, one leaving a thick, drippy trail that spreads out across the sky and the other leaving a contrail that looks like what I remember from being a young kid in the late 60s-- a near translucent exhaust that does not spread out and does not marr the sky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join