It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey For Those Who See Chemtrails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NelysStar
There is so much information out there. Look for it, you are interested, you will find.

I have looked at them, and honestly it doesn't tell me much. All I see is a collection of contrail photographs with nothing more than the date the photo was taken and it's general location, if I'm lucky. That's poor data gathering, as any scientist will tell you.

There seems to be no method to the whole affair. And it's not my place, as a sceptic, to disprove my conclusions. The burden of proof is on the ones making the claims, as I've said before and as anyone would tell you, for any matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just wait.

You will someday find out.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
I will accept there is nothing wrong with the growth, but I still feel there is something wrong with seeing two planes, visually in the same part of the sky, close together, one leaving a thick, drippy trail that spreads out across the sky and the other leaving a contrail that looks like what I remember from being a young kid in the late 60s-- a near translucent exhaust that does not spread out and does not marr the sky.

Were those planes side by side, or were they spaced apart in front of each other? Plus how can you tell what height those planes were in relation to one another? Temperature differences in different atmospheric layers can account for the different contrails. As any meteorologist will tell you, the weather conditions at different altitudes can change drastically. Even the weather conditions in different locations horizontally can be significantly different.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Me? I can't tell, but it was my husband, who took some courses in aviation, who pointed it out to me. To my eye they appeared to be side by side, the craft appeared to be the same size.

And as far as meteorology is concerned, I've spoken with Scott Stevens, a meteorologist, who say it is not right.

I would point you to Clifford Carnicom's site, but I'm sure you have already investigated his theories and science.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Most of the locals that we see here seem to be suffering some kind of upper respiratory crap... We regularly take supplements to boost immune function and keep our bodies detoxed, and we have been fine... Its just hard to tell because we live right near a bunch of oil refineries that also always are pumping nasty stuff into the air. *shrug* Maybe its just the air quality in general (which is definitely unhealthy) maybe its seasonal, or maybe its the chemtrails. I think it would be hard to tell definitively in this area because there are so many refineries... Many days you can actually taste the pollution in the back of your throat when you breathe outside. Its a very caustic kind of taste.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

And as far as meteorology is concerned, I've spoken with Scott Stevens, a meteorologist, who say it is not right.

Which is a bit like saying you know the pyramids were built by space aliens because you spoke to Eric Von Daniken

Scott Stevens is a discredited TV weather presenter who displays an amazing lack of meteorological knowledge on his website - not even being able to understand the basics of cloud formation and asserting that because he can see vague shapes in the clouds then they must all be manmade .....

But anyway, the question I want to know the answer to is: why have I never seen a chemtrail? Why is it that, whilst people not many miles from me claim to see them all the time, no chemtrail has been laid over my part of England in the past 7 years that I've been making meteorological observations here?

Are they only visible to people who believe in them?

And is the chemtrail myth just a conspiracy to divert attention away from the real concerns about the huge increase in air traffic in the past decade and it's growing impact on weather and climate?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HellcatEmi

You live next to a large number of oil refinerys. And see aircraft flying 6 miles overhead.

Which is more likely to be the cause of poisonous air?

Maybe the chemtrail myth was created by unscrupulous oil companies?

Incidently, people may be interested in this report concerning a study on the impact of ground based pollutions (ie your cars, factories etc) on cloud formation.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Perhaps Scott was discredited precisely because he spoke out about the drippy trails in the sky. I also understand that Scott is changing his focus on his website.

Part of the reason for the survey is to understand why some see them and others don't, I didn't see them for years, yet in pictures I have taken over the years, they were there. I have also wondered if the knowledge of their existence is what it takes to see them, who knows.

My biggest question is why some see them and feel an instinctual concern and others either don't see them or see them and say it is normal. It's a sharp difference in perception.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

My biggest question is why some see them and feel an instinctual concern and others either don't see them or see them and say it is normal. It's a sharp difference in perception.

In my experience is comes down to how much you understand about meteorology and atmospheric processes
And, indeed, whether you were watching the skies in details before you first heard about chemtrails.

These clouds were produced by commercial transatlantic jets approaching Heathrow/Gatwick airports just after sunrise on a cold autumn morning. If you only noticed them after reading for the first time about chemtrails, you might (naturally) think they were something different ....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

What about the nature lovers, hikers, gardeners that have always watched the sky over their heads? What about the baby boomers that remember skies untinged by lines, stripes and Xs? Why do these people feel concern about what is occurring in the skies? I've stated that this is not a debate between contrails and chemtrails, it is about understanding why some of us look up and feel an instinctual concern and others do not.

Planes have been flying for many, many years, yet the skies have not always been littered with drippy trails. There has been a change, call it increased air traffic or ignorance or whatever, but the simple truth is, it is different from what we have known and it is concerning folks across the globe.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Differenet how so?

I grew up in the 70s...and saw them all the time. There IS increased traffic up there. That is fact.

So, how is it different?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This was produced after a jet flew over base housing the other day (I live on an air force base). That CONtrail sat there forever.

close up

far away

more CONtrails taken the other day by me

[edit on 5-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

This trails are actually what you remember as normal? Because many do not believe this is normal.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

The trails I saw as a kid look just like the trails I see today.

The only difference I see are the increase - because there is a huge increase in air traffic.

And normal? Yep. Many people believe they ARE normal.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

yes, that's a contrail. This would be an example of chemtrails:

I lived on an AFB for a few years as well, and can tell the difference between the two (or at least in my own reality I can).

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

How is your picture any diff then my 1st/2nd one?

The pattern can be formed when numerous jets are flying around. I see it often. I just have no pics of it....

The trails still look just like a CONtrail

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Perhaps it is simply a difference between perceptions and realties, interesting if that is the case. It is my personal belief that the change in the sky is not normal, but the survey is an attempt to see the differences in people.

I think we often get so lost in the fight of whether or not we are right, we miss some important factors, like why the other side sees it as they do.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
How is your picture any diff then my 1st/2nd one?

when there is such a defined grid pattern - and especially in a residential area (as opposed to somewhere military testing is common) - it's not the same as seeing a contrail that happens to stick around for a while.

Also "chemtrails" seem to have an effect on the weather itself. I've seen grid patterns form, then the entire sky got overcast. I am more than willing to admit it's a coincidence, but I brought it up to other people (non-CTists) and they also mentioned how strange it was.

Until more info is brought up on what a chemtrail really is, it's all speculation either way. If you have a genuine interest in the difference, and what chemtrails might be, I'd be more than happy to post links to some of the best videos I know of.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

when there is such a defined grid pattern - and especially in a residential area (as opposed to somewhere military testing is common) - it's not the same as seeing a contrail that happens to stick around for a while.

Over my house most commercial aircraft fly N-S or E-W. It'd be unusual not to see a grid pattern occur from time to time.

Also "chemtrails" seem to have an effect on the weather itself. I've seen grid patterns form, then the entire sky got overcast.

Yes. A well known meteorological effect studied since at least the 1970s. It usually - but not always - signifies the approach of a warm front. The front itself may produce rain within the next 48 hours, although over continental regions such fronts may not be active enough for this. Hence claims that chemtrails cause it to rain and prevent rain when rain was forecast ....

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Over my house most commercial aircraft fly N-S or E-W. It'd be unusual not to see a grid pattern occur from time to time.

please take a picture next time, as I am far from convinced.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join