It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Back in october of 2005 SkepticOverlord quoted einstein to introduce the skunk works forum.

Mr. Einstein once said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." The true denial of ignorance must also include and often embrace even the most fanciful exaggerations of possibilities in order to understand and explore the upper limits of what might be possible.

So I have put to my imagination the ultimate question. What is the universe?

After a day of pondering and editing... this is what I have arrived at:

The observed universe is a message,
encoded within each iteration of now,
in a fluxing, fractaline, torroidal knotspace
of positive and negative vortices;
the witnessing of which, fulfills the energy balance...
between the free will of the individual soul...
and cosmic law,
on the soul's path to perfection.

I invite your commentary and your own "The universe is..." Use your imagination... lets uncrack its secrets together.

I am,

Sri Oracle

ego, death, dancing, and intuition belong in there somewhere.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The universe is mysterious, it created life so that it may have self-awareness.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The universe is all that is, where all there has happened, where we seek expression and experience and love.

The universe is energy, vibrations, and consciousness.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
thank you for your quick contributions

skeptic said this yesterday:

We believe firmly in the user as part of the crowd of minds that work collectively to refine ideas into brilliant statements of relevance.

Sri Oracle

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Universe is not what we think it is. The Universe is only what we think it is.

--Tuning Spork

Dam, that's good. I'm gonna go write that on a bathroom wall. Thanks for the inspiration, Sri O!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The universe is always changing sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. sometimes when it changes better for me that means it changes worse for you or vice versa. one can never truly know what the universe is. well its my belief not in this form but maybe in the next life.

that’s just my humble uneducated theory on it all though, so take it for what its worth to you.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
"One can never truly know what the universe is. well its my belief not in this form but maybe in the next life."
-- DaleGribble

"Life is not a rehearsal."
--Paul Stanley

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The universe is .. just the imagination of itself.

see quantum theory etc

[edit on 27/11/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

"Life is not a rehearsal."
--Paul Stanley

this may be true, but one can have their hopes and dreams. after all with out those two things what are we.

i hope i didnt misunderstand that quote sorry if i did. i do believe that there is an after life, but thats just in my universe.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The Universe is:

* Infinite
* Elegant
* Breathtaking
* Consummate
* Enduring
* Immense
* Indestructible
* Magnificent
* Immeasurable
* Everlasting
* Mysterious
* Profound
* Tantalizing
* Eternal
* Unfathomable
* Absolute
* Supertemporal
* Divine
* Perpetual
* Enormous
* Extreme
* Miraculous
* Inexhaustible
* Spectacular
* Ecumenical
* Awesome
* Intimidating
* Unconquerable
* Enchanting
* Marvelous
* Symmetrical
* Asymmetrical
* Transcendent
* Splendid
* Bewitching
* Harmonious
* Intriguing
* Harmonious
* Seductive
* Precarious
* Enterprising
* Delightful
* Infectious
* Peaceful
* Violent
* Impetuous
* Resplendent
* Excessive
* Sacred
* Incomparable

...to name but a few...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

* Unconquerable .......................... oh i dunno given the nature of human beings and enough time lol

[edit on 27/11/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, QS - if the Universe is indeed infinite, then it could never, in its entirety, be fully conquered (explored). As for me - I would love to simply experience a just tiny fraction of it in person.

But I get your drift...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Universe is.

Humanity tries to be.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That's very profound, Parallelogram. Did you come up with that yerself? I'd like to repeat it and know who to credit.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The (universe/existence/physical reality) is not just a chance event or Gods game it plays with itself (for the sake of boredom and entertainment) but more so this is Gods desperate plan to reach out to be able to experience and continue to experience, to continue to dream so to say.

Prior to the this in the realm of the absolute where no polarity, universe or relationship existed and all there was, was the everything (god), the feeling/senses of joy, love, happiness & light could never be experienced as all emotions/senses were one, simply existing, akin to if you merge all the colours, you only see white (you need to slow or split this process up to see all the amazing far more interesting different colours). Hence God was numb (analogous to a mind without a body or universe or a projector without film)

Thus the polarities of experiences like sadness, fear, pain or darkness are the necessarily created by God to allow god to single out and acknowledge each feeling/sense.

We will never return to the source as such as this game God plans on playing for eternity, (it will not go back to the nothingness of everything where it came from in the realm of the absolute where it is existing for eternity)

God knew rightly so that if it creating the realm of the relative it would turn into a fusion type event of a new eternal self perpetuating realm overlaying on top of the current and only realm thus creating a illusion. For without us (the realm of the relative) God cannot experience and without the realm of the relative we cannot experience (exist), alas the perfect relationship of mutual dependence of each other.

its like gods saying I can only exist through you hence you are god to me and i am too you

Now this does not mean there is no goal and destination for your life (your existence) – far from it , the goal is to reach a state where you can travel between the realm of the relative and the realm of the absolute, the true state of existence (the god state or source). This is truly bliss and cannot ever become boredom it is the true feeling of what can be only described as completeness.
the realm of the relative will continue to evolve and improve so the polarity between both realms will get stronger and stronger, the universe will continue to expand for eternity

The ultimate of having both ying and yang , having your cake and eating it, being able to live of both sides of the fence, to exist or to experience

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The universe of darkness is quantum vectoring projected into our conscious from the universe of light.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This might sound crazy, but what if the universe is just a cell living in a organism, what if we are just micro organism living in a cell

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, my thoughts are this. The Universe is so big we will never be able to understand 1 percent of it. We are complex primates that eat meat and use tools. We stare up at the night sky and hope that we are not alone, because if we are by some weird twist of logic....that is scary as hell. But if you want to know what I hope is true

" the Universe created us to understand itself" blame that on bad acid 20 years ago

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
sodom

the universe is me.

sodom

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The universe is one of many, just as is a child born into a family. You can look back but never forward for the cycle repeats in the oh so relative way we experience its ever evolving family tree.

Imagine a tree so high up you can't even begin to imagine what the bottom must look like through the haze. Now imagine a branch, a single universe. Now imagine all the tiny little leafs that grow on each branch, they are all galaxy clusters. Take yourself further and imagine each cell in the leaf is a galaxy. Now imagine each chloroplast as a star with a system of planets orbiting it.

Like all leafs, the universe will eventually die - but before it does it will continue the chain of life by birthing the next of its kin. So is the story of the multiverse. So is the story of all existence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join