It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The universe is a fast paced evolution of experience in the 3D world, a physical battle ground between light and dark energy.

The universe is profound but this statement isn't.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The universe is...flawed

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Universe is showing us power that we do not yet have, but are capable of. Every theory we come up with will be shot down in the future with a new theory until we totally understand it's awesome power and decide to become one with it instead of trying to conquer it!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The universe is simply a possibility, made of infinite possibilities.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A weight lifter benchs a new personal record of 400lbs and wants to try 410lbs. During his attempt every muscle in his upper body reachs its maximum potential.

He completes his lift. He just created 100 billion new universes.

The moral of this story is that the universe is not this hugh unfathomable monster. It is just a creation from pure energy. The universe is too large and too small to navigate, but they are one in the same. The dimension that ties them together in beyond our capacity to understand. At that point, time which humans obsese over will become a lot less important.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Universe is all in the mind, so see me? I am the lie really.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
reply to post by euclid

Time does exist because the universe is always expanding. It's making progress over time. It doesn't just sit there.

Time does not exist. Read more about quantum mechanics, if you're able, so we have a common reference point of understanding.

The multiverse is more complex than you are capable of realizing at this point in your feeble mental development. Read Neils Bohr, David Bohm, Michiu Kaku and a host of others. If are able to understand the implicate and explicate order then you may understand what I said and why I said it. Until then you're just another mindless mundane trapped in a facade they think is real.

-Euclid

[edit on 28-11-2007 by euclid]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullet Proof
The universe is...flawed

How can it be flawed, though?

If we perceive some aspect of the Universe to be wrong, it isn't the fault of the Cosmos. It's the incongruity in our perceptions of what is and what should be that indicates 'wrongness' to our minds... and any discrepancy between what we believe reality should be and what it really is amounts to little more than delusion.

I posit that it's the human mind that's 'flawed', and only because so often it can't handle the idea that there really is no wall between it and the Universe that gave birth to it. We need to learn to smooth out these discontinuities between desire and reality not by forcing our self-centered and short-sighted will upon the world, but by accepting our continual experience of reality with grace and flexibility. We need to make our own decisions, not other peoples', and certainly not the Universe's.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

The universe is...flawed

If we perceive some aspect of the Universe to be wrong, it isn't the fault of the Cosmos. It's the incongruity in our perceptions of what is and what should be that indicates 'wrongness' to our minds... and any discrepancy between what we believe reality should be and what it really is amounts to little more than delusion.

I posit that it's the human mind that's 'flawed', and only because so often it can't handle the idea that there really is no wall between it and the Universe that gave birth to it. We need to learn to smooth out these discontinuities between desire and reality not by forcing our self-centered and short-sighted will upon the world, but by accepting our continual experience of reality with grace and flexibility. We need to make our own decisions, not other peoples', and certainly not the Universe's.

A cogent and lucid response. As I said a little while ago the "flaw" is a limitation of the hardware/wetware we are born within. It can be augmented/enhanced but not overcome.

-Euclid

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
big! the universe is big!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhong
big! the universe is big!

Yes--it is...it is very, very, very big.

Infinite? I don't know, does nayone else know?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the universe seems like a never ending space that has no ends. kinda like it loops. I dont know its kinda hard to explain what the universe is since we havent seen the whole space of the universe yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have a question.
What might the universe look like, if I had an eyeball as big as say, a large galaxy?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I have a question.
What might the universe look like, if I had an eyeball as big as say, a large galaxy?

the universe would look black and white dots all around im guessing.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Where is the universe?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the universe isn't

b

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
the universe is GOD.
we exist in GOD's existence
think of us as being the quirks, atoms, molecules ect.. that make up GOD's existence with stars, planets, solar systems, galaxies nebula's ect.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I suppose we could then call "God" energy, and since "God" is energy then why call it God anymore? Why call it him anymore? Why say in? If God is eternal then we can only be of, correct? But everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that is the "universe", but not limited to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

The universe is...flawed

It's my opinion thats all. I will never tell people how to think or make decisions for them.
Yes the human mind is flawed, another opinion of mine.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
God has made his appearance twice during modern man's evolution. Once during before the pyramids where built, which he helped to build and one in Jerusalem 2000 years ago. From these two alien visits they taught the primitive Earthlings how to build the pyramids and rise from the dead. Of course the primitives thought they were gods.

Of course if this happened today, we would not think they are gods, but we would lose all the civility we have and run rampant due to our inbreed genes of kill or be killed by anything we don’t understand.

We are now amidst world weather and political turmoil. This is our universe. We have been to the moon and plan to go to Mars. Anything beyond that in the universe is too far to comprehend for our primitive minds. Don’t even try to use words to explain what you can’t even comprehend.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join