It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Who says your Universe is the same as Mine?
Maybe there is no One answer.?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The universe is the creator's imagined realm, just as we are able to construct our own world within our mind. The creator's imagined realm appears real and physical to us just as the world's we construct in our mind are real and physical to the beings we encounter there. The creator itself is unimaginable because it assumes no physical form. The purpose of life is to know what the creator knows and we have the ability to learn and understand by creating our own worlds within our mind, thus doing as the creator does, and also to see the signs in this world, put there by the might of the creator's mind so that we may know that life isn't accidental and that everything is connected (for me this relates all occult symbolism, threads of common truth in religion, and paranormal experiences).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The universe is a single fine line between that which is observable and that which is not.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Mmmmm fun....

The universe is a master of deception,
and also a seeker of truth,
it is infinitely elderly,
and yet only a youth,
in time it will tell,
itsself that time is not,
and it will implode and explode,
within a speck of a dot,
on an infinite canvas,
made of everything real,
and every illusion,
it will learn how to feel,
and train its dwellers,
to become what they are,
to remember that infinity,
is both near and far,
with and without,
large and small,
each speck of dust,
encompasses it all

I wrote that just now. We are all our own universes, in my opinion... outside looking in.... the illusion is that we're the reverse.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The universe is all turned into one. Existence is an eternal contradiction. One is a whole, eternity is not. Where space and time are eternal omnidirectionally, its elemental constituents are universal. Tautological aphorisms. Is is not, not is, is is, etc. Philosophically the "universe" is a sempiternal contradiction, epistemologically we run into the same, etymologically, too. Ontologically as well. Energy is eternal, thus all that we extract from the nature that we are and that is observed around us, is the remembering of transcendent knowledge; knowledge stored in the energy that always has been, observed by us, and we are the knowledge and the energy that always has been and will be... and so on, and so off, etc. What ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The universe is but a grain of sand, in a universe filled with galaxies, filled with planets, filled with sand..............

Yea.........thanks for the thread I feel really small right now.......

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The universe is beautiful to behold with all of its wonders and sights, and dangerous to underestimate its power in the beauty it contains…

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Universe Is...

A gift from the creator.
To entertain us,
Inspire us and
Give us something to reach for!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm more leaning to what Bill (SO) and others have hinted at...

The universe is the sum of all sentient beings who have "lived" previously together with those sentient beings who live now...

A Universal psyche, if you will...

Thanks heaps to the OP and all who have contributed to this thread

What an awesome topic ! )

Peace

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The universe is the result of god sneezing or some other divine being.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There was something before the universe, big bang anyone? Didnt that create the universe? if thats true, then there must have been something before the universe.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I personally don't believe in the "Big Bang Theory"

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
The universe is the result of god sneezing or some other divine being.

And it will end with the coming of The Great White Handkerchief.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
...alive,it created itself and continues to grow.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok get this, the universe is always expanding, but what is it expanding into? And, I once heard that this expanding will stop, and it will all collapse into itself, and begin again, like a fresh start.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
The universe is all that is, where all there has happened, where we seek expression and experience and love.

The universe is energy, vibrations, and consciousness.

I just had to give you a star for this post. Excellent, wonderful and enlightened. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

yep, that was me. glad you liked it.

i'm a big fan of zen. it absolves me of so much responsibility.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In a reality where space and time are questioned and argued, it's my opinion that the Universe is physically finite and in fact makes up the building blocks of matter. Much like protons, nuetrons, and electrons are the building blocks of atoms — were we able to infinitely increase or decrease our size we would find that the Universe is infinite only in that mulitple universes are the building blocks of the building blocks of matter.

And yes, that last sentence is worded correctly.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The universe is a collection of various gasses, heavy metals and hydrocarbons that form together in clumps caused by gravitational forces.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Universe has no beginning and no end. It is one of many universes. We are but a speck of dust on a galatic stage. Understand the uinverse and you get a little closer to finding the Supreme Being/Creator. Putting it another way:

The Universe is looking into the soul of the Supreme Being..

Deep !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join