It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's Friend... Alex.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Im john conners friend and he always has buddies from the future visiting him hehehehhe

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You know Zeddicus, logically...

Alexander would be turning 4 this year, John Titor 6. Both would be living in backroad hicktowns without much outside contact by the time their 10, then be concentrating heavily on the war and school from 14 forward, what with the nukes going off around then.

My guess is their too young to have known ATS, when they came here and found out you could basically walk into a Library and use a computer, they decided to look up 'Time Travel' and ran into what? timetravel.tk or whatever.

Not saying it is true, but I would say that the logic can hold. Just because a story doesn't hold under absolute scrutiny doesn't mean the truth has no part in it.

Still, I agree. This guy's riding Titor's wave. I seriously doubt he's even read all of the Titor stuff. Whether John was real or not, well we'll know for sure later this year.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin

Alexander would be turning 4 this year, John Titor 6. Both would be living in backroad hicktowns without much outside contact by the time their 10, then be concentrating heavily on the war and school from 14 forward, what with the nukes going off around then.

My guess is their too young to have known ATS, when they came here and found out you could basically walk into a Library and use a computer, they decided to look up 'Time Travel' and ran into what? timetravel.tk or whatever.

Nope, in their timeline John Titor never visited, both timetravel.tk and this thread don't exist.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Nope, in their timeline John Titor never visited, both timetravel.tk and this thread don't exist.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Megaquad]

Lets get one thing straight: this thread does not exist. Forget about it if you know what is good for you. This is your only warning.

I was not here; I did not say this.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If time travel does exist, I swear now that I will travel back in time and come and say hi to myself this exact moment..... uh.. nothing's happening.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin

Not saying it is true, but I would say that the logic can hold. Just because a story doesn't hold under absolute scrutiny doesn't mean the truth has no part in it.

Still, I agree. This guy's riding Titor's wave. I seriously doubt he's even read all of the Titor stuff. Whether John was real or not, well we'll know for sure later this year.

LOL! If you read their stuff...the internet is alive and well in the future. They all seem attracted to the forum situation here in our time. I was making a joke basically that if they were really from the future, ATS would probably be huge. Look at the ATS growth that SkepticOverload posts. They have never come here, therefore they are not really from the future.

Anyway, ok...iamlucas you wanted info?
Here you go:

Time Travel Institute - Charlie Haynes (with mention of Jacob Hess) (7 page thread)
Anomalies - More Alexander Discussion
Anomalies - Ardon Krep (Best translations. If you search Google on Ardon Krep, you will find he was posting in German)
JohnTitor.com
JohnTitor.Strategicbrains.com

Amazon - John Titor A Time Traveler's Tale by The John Titor Foundation Inc (The John Titor book has representation through an attorney named Larry Haber [email protected]. I'm no legal expert, but the attorney seems adamant that the author has the copyright to the John Titor story.)

Anomalies - Copies of many of the original Titor postings

MysticFish.net - John Titor Project (One of the best collections of information regarding all of the posts)

I suppose I could go one...but those are most of the best starting points. Have fun.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My question is: Why come back from the future, go on forums to socialize and give no proof of your claims? Why not just say you are an average joe if your purpose is to socialize? Or does he not have anything else to talk about?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
If time travel does exist, I swear now that I will travel back in time and come and say hi to myself this exact moment..... uh.. nothing's happening.

LMOA! I think that time travel is essentially impossible. Apart from my friend jack who swares on his life that he made 10 minutes of time when cleaning his room.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
My question is: Why come back from the future, go on forums to socialize and give no proof of your claims? Why not just say you are an average joe if your purpose is to socialize? Or does he not have anything else to talk about?

Well, depending on what you believe...the photos of time travel, the photos of the device, the manual including cross-section cutouts, the posts with certain references to things like mad-cow in the US, the UNIX bug, the IBM machine that had language translation capabilities that were not very well known, etc, etc...there is proof of sorts.

One interesting note is that the "device" including the case it is in has never been identified even after years of study.

Once you review all the information, you at least have to conclude the whoever Titor was, he knew some physics, history, psychology, story-telling, survivalism, politics, and more. All at a good enough level that he could go on a forum and take on everyone there, and still leave them wondering for 4+ years now.

Impressive feat without a doubt.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well here's what we're going to do. We're going to find this Alexander kid, put him in a FEDEX box, write "take your # back, we don't want it here" and send him back to his own time. I think this will be the last time they try going to this time.

Also, if Alexander was honest and it was true, he would've been apprehended by the government a long time ago. I'm sure they have units who check out cases like him JUST IN CASE. If he's wrong, they do nothing. If they find out he may be right, he's gone.

Also, he said he knows nothing about aliens, and no one in the future knows really anything about'em either. Well that means after the war, since they beat the government, they could always freely walk inside Area 51 and other secret bases in radiation suits to check things out. So either this entire alien idea is bull# and the government knows nothing, or Alexander is full of #.

Considering the vast amount of evidence and COVERUPS and weird things the government has done, like "Roswell" etc... they would've found out the truth in the future where the government has no power anymore. Case closed! Let's send him back in a fedex box

EDIT: Christianity wouldn't survive the scientific proof of multiple worldlines. It is contradicting the simple idea of the Bible etc... and that means God could never give commandments to anyone since every possible action HAS been done by YOU on another worldline. God can't judge you anymore, since you DID EVERYTHING in every possible situation.

That is just another reason he's lying. But let's put him in a box anyway, and maybe this time label it "time traveller, do not touch." and place it in a museum.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That's how you bust fake time travellers. You wait for them to contradict themselves and contradict the knowledge you already have. He says he's ready to "defend himself"... so I guess a military unit with bulletproof vests, machine guns, gas, tanks, helicopters etc stant no chance, if the government found out he was't lying. He's the TERMINATOR! Resistance is futile, all will be assimilated!

Alexander and Titor are both flukes... I hope it is obvious now. I can explain further contradictions if its not.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well so far Alexander is doing a good job of it. Sure it is either some agent or a smart teenager lookin' for attention. But that doesn't mean that the monkey on his back isn't giving him a few secrets.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
That's how you bust fake time travellers. You wait for them to contradict themselves and contradict the knowledge you already have. He says he's ready to "defend himself"... so I guess a military unit with bulletproof vests, machine guns, gas, tanks, helicopters etc stant no chance, if the government found out he was't lying. He's the TERMINATOR! Resistance is futile, all will be assimilated!

Alexander and Titor are both flukes... I hope it is obvious now. I can explain further contradictions if its not.

Well, if it was that easy...it would not be around for 4+ years. Read the stories and do the research. I personally don't believe it, but I could still defend the story against what you just posted with ease. I can certainly tell that you have never read any of it, otherwise you would know that what you said is a weak arguement.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Titor story was a grand way for a person to push his beliefs onto others, the guy's a hardline republican who believes in nothing more than a simple country life where people can be armed to the teeth.

He is scaremongering, while this lie is a fanciful and elegant one it still remains a falsity, and one that is readily swallowed by those who wish the world to be a little more exciting than it is in its current peaceful state.

People who believe this are beyoned gullible and instantly lose face for even believing it, i swear to god if i hear another member saying "well titor said" i'm going to go throw a hissy fit larger than a yellowstone supercaldera eruption.

HE IS A FAKE, HE IS A FRAUD, THERE IS NO CIVIL WAR, THERE WON'T BE IN 2004/2005, HE IS USING POPULAR EVENTS AND EXTREMELY OBVIOUS OUTCOMES TO TRY AND SELL HIMSELF AS A PROPHET.

GROW THE # UP AND BELIEVE IN REALITY.

/rant

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Actually I think it is either CIA or MOSSAD or Ruskie spook doing it.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The Titor story was a grand way for a person to push his beliefs onto others, the guy's a hardline republican who believes in nothing more than a simple country life where people can be armed to the teeth.

He is scaremongering, while this lie is a fanciful and elegant one it still remains a falsity, and one that is readily swallowed by those who wish the world to be a little more exciting than it is in its current peaceful state.

People who believe this are beyoned gullible and instantly lose face for even believing it, i swear to god if i hear another member saying "well titor said" i'm going to go throw a hissy fit larger than a yellowstone supercaldera eruption.

HE IS A FAKE, HE IS A FRAUD, THERE IS NO CIVIL WAR, THERE WON'T BE IN 2004/2005, HE IS USING POPULAR EVENTS AND EXTREMELY OBVIOUS OUTCOMES TO TRY AND SELL HIMSELF AS A PROPHET.

GROW THE # UP AND BELIEVE IN REALITY.

I agree Nerdling. The whole matter is a pretty good story to read, but not the next coming. He is a survivalist who thinks that the government will come kicking in doors and take you and your guns away. I am pretty sure there is a long way to go before that will happen.

Let see...ask them to turn them in? Stricter licenses? Naw, lets kick in their doors and take them!

If people wish to believe, well...ok by me. I guess it's good to believe in something. After all, as Titor said (bracing for the hissy fit
) ....

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Well, if it was that easy...it would not be around for 4+ years. Read the stories and do the research. I personally don't believe it, but I could still defend the story against what you just posted with ease. I can certainly tell that you have never read any of it, otherwise you would know that what you said is a weak arguement.

Don't be so certain. I've read the entire john titor's thing and the whole alexander's thing. If you want to, go ahead and defend him. The Christian argument holds water... the other arguments can fall through.

The alien argument is by no means certain, at least to you. Given what I know, it is (to me). Also, I know what the government does and is capable of doing, so once again the argument where he is apprehended by the government works... if you knew what I know. But to you it's also uncertain, and I understand that.

So this leaves the argument about Christianity. How could Christianity co-exist with scientific fact (according to him) of infinite worldlines? They absolutely contradict each other... he'd have to be the most ignorant person on the planet to pull that off..

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IF the whole John Titor thing were true wouldn't it have been incredably hard for this Alex to have managed to find himself on the same timeline as he did, as there are an infinate amount of timelines.I could be wrong cause the whole things pretty confusing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
*snarls very loudly*

Titor is so damn vague that you can't 100% disprove him because his predictions can fall into many sequences of events.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Don't be so certain. I've read the entire john titor's thing and the whole alexander's thing. If you want to, go ahead and defend him. The Christian argument holds water... the other arguments can fall through.

The alien argument is by no means certain, at least to you. Given what I know, it is (to me). Also, I know what the government does and is capable of doing, so once again the argument where he is apprehended by the government works... if you knew what I know. But to you it's also uncertain, and I understand that.

So this leaves the argument about Christianity. How could Christianity co-exist with scientific fact (according to him) of infinite worldlines? They absolutely contradict each other... he'd have to be the most ignorant person on the planet to pull that off..

LOL! No, I don't believe the fable as anything more than a story. That said however, I can appreciate the genius it took to put the whole thing together (story, photos, etc...) and hold to that for months never wavering in the story or exposing yourself. Then to disappear and have people still debating years later? Having a legion of followers? Have certain parts of the story for the most part intact (meaning the story have not been 100% debunked by hundreds or thousands of people).

Anyone would have to admit. It took some smarts to do that.

As for your issue that Christianity wouldn't survive the scientific proof of multiple worldlines. How did it manage to survive the science of evolution? Hmmmm?

"It is contradicting the simple idea of the Bible etc... and that means God could never give commandments to anyone since every possible action HAS been done by YOU on another worldline. God can't judge you anymore, since you DID EVERYTHING in every possible situation."
You cannot believe in the possibility of multiple worldlines or "string" theory, but you will fully believe a book written by who-knows based fully on faith? Well, Christianity seems to survive despite that pesky science stuff. All it takes is faith.

For millennia, people have debated what is the ratio of the perimeter to the diameter of a circle. On the one hand, the Bible clearly states that the first temple contained a circular structure with a perimeter of 30 cubits and a diameter of 10 cubits, giving an exact ratio of 3. On the other hand mathematicians blindly ignore this truth and claim that the result is closer to 3.14.
So God and science seem at odds on this...but both survive.

How about the fact that Greek fatalism, embodied in Aristotle's argument of De interpretatione 9, posed a special threat to Christian theology. Committed to the biblical doctrine of divine foreknowledge as well as to human freedom, Christian thinkers had to explain how it is either that God knows future contingents without future contingent propositions' being antecedently true or false or that God's knowing the truth value of such propositions does not after all entail fatalism. The problem of theological fatalism seemed especially acute since God's foreknowledge of some future event is itself a fact of past history and therefore temporally necessary; that is to say, it no longer has any potential to be otherwise. Therefore, what God foreknew must necessarily come to pass, since it is impossible that God's knowledge be mistaken.
More science versus the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join