It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreas concentration camps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Why don't North Korea's concentration camps get more attention ? I keep hearing about Iran this, nuclear that but where is the outrage over concentration camps ? Seriously.. did I mention there were concentration camps ?

More info

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just after North Korea jumps out of the nuclear spotlight for Iran to make way?

No, this is OLD information. Although I will admit even I didn't know until I researched it. Sure, it didn't recieve headlines but we have been busy with Iraq and Bird Flu and Currency Inflation and X-Factor

Okay... now you have got a point.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i dont suppose its worth the time to mention, unless a large oil reserve gets discovered underneath it

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
See.. funny thing. I thought after Hitler the whole world was like 'never again'.

Well world - here we are again.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
See.. funny thing. I thought after Hitler the whole world was like 'never again'.

That got old really quickly. Have you have forgotten:

- China during the Cultural Revolution
- Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge
- Iraq under Saddam Hussein
- Women under oppressive Islamic regimes everywhere [edit to add: not to mention Hindu, animist and even some Buddhist cultures]

and, of course

- what Solzhenitsyn called the Gulag Archipelago?

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Right however right now N. Korea is on our "I hate you" list. I'd think we'd want to be harping on them all the time over this. The kind of rhetoric we hear over nuclear weapons. However most people are totally unaware that N. Korea has several concentration camps active right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Why don't North Korea's concentration camps get more attention ? I keep hearing about Iran this, nuclear that but where is the outrage over concentration camps ? Seriously.. did I mention there were concentration camps ?

More info

Ermmm, why have you just posted a link to a google search not just a single site?

There are lots of threads on ATS about concentration camps, heck, CNN even did a special on it.

It's nothing new.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
1. Because there are many good sites that cover the issue.

2. Ya everyone talked about it for a split second a few years back but since then it's dropped WAY off the radar. It's not new but it's also not talked about often AT ALL. I believe there is significance in that. We struggle to dig up dirt on Iran while N. Korea is running a NETWORK of concentration camps.

Where is Fox news w/all their outrage ?
MSNBC ?
CNN ?

At the same moment Bush & everyone else was tearing up over the memory of Saddams mass graves N. Korea is running "operation super fun" and no one seems to be paying it much mind.

Maybe people think if we ignore the concentration camps they'll just go away?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

CNN ?

CNN did a special and so did many others, its all on youtube

YouTube - Inside North Korea

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Duh.

How many years ago ?

Several.

This isn't talked about now a days at all. That is the point. For a small period of time this issue mattered. Now it seems to be less important than Britney Spears.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This isn't talked about now a days at all.

It's brought up all the time by the UN at human rights commissions, same with the European Union too. The State Department has always raised the issue.

What more do you want?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why don't North Korea's concentration camps get more attention ?

Why would they? It's just one more page in a long sad story of millions of people putting up with a cheap dictator.

It's been done before. It's been put up with before. When the people of the DPRK decide to overthrow Kim, then it will be time to get involved, or at least to ship arms, etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Mass leader-worshipping atheistic communism at it's finest!!!!

WORSE than SADDAM Hussain!
Here's a site with good articles,

North Korean Studies
So SAD!!!!!!!

Also, it seems that the ONLY sane ally they have is South Korea!
When they escape to China, it can mean MORE torture, and deportation if they're caught!!!!

We should quit pandering to atheistic China, and help OUR allies in South Korea!
Thank Jeshua, we live in the U.S.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Thank Jeshua, we live in the U.S.

Yeah, here they at least put a velvet glove over the iron fist.

Here they at least congratulate us on our freedom, even as they strip it away.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes, but during the great judgement, the Tribulation, there will be no glove.
Let's get it right, now!
There are many organizations that try to help North Koreans(Even with all the spies!)
The Voice of The Martyrs is one that smuggles help in.
The voice of The Martyrs

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

What a beautiful avatar you have. Do you live nearby?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thank You!!!!
I thought it was beautiful and now, our weather the past two days looks similar.
I live in Northeast Georgia.
I rarely go out of state, anymore....

Oh! And if you go to The Voice of The Martyrs, you can send a letter to those in prison! Even North Korea.

All you have to do is print out your message, (it is translated) and send it off.
These prisoners might be treated better if their captors think they are of importance internationally!
Also they get comfort knowing someone across the seas cares for them.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
discomfit - good topic, don't like the way it's been recieved and then dismissed by some. I was not aware of mass concentration camps - but I've not looked into it much, I know Kim is a but nut tho.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Yes, but during the great judgement, the Tribulation, there will be no glove.

Ah, yes, the tribulation. I've been told that it is just around the corner for 30+ years now.

Reading history, it's been promised for about 1900 years.

I don't think I'm going to sell my stocks short, if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
We've gone very far off topic.

So no one else thinks it's strange that TV and politicians don't spend more time condemning the multiple concentration camps in North Korea ?

I've been disturbed by the lack of humanity I've experienced over this issue. If any news station even suspected ONE American tourist was in one of these camps it'd be wall to wall coverage - a never ending gore fest over the horror that is N. Korea.

It's amazing how in an instant the TV can change the attitudes of people guiding them how to feel about whom this month. Perhaps one of these months N. Korean lives will make it onto the "care" list.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by discomfit]

[edit on 24-11-2007 by discomfit]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join