It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

handgun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I may have found what I'm looking for already. I just need to go get my hands on one. It's the Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact. It is featured in the August 2007 Guns and Ammo. Has anyone here had a chance to shoot this pistol? 3" barrel, 6.25" length, 13 rounds 9mm, 26.1 ounces, $575.00 US Dollars.

The review was outstanding, here are a few highlights. With a sandbag at 25 yards groups were between an 1 1/4 inch to just over 2 inches. The author could hit the 100 yard gong offhand 75% of the time.

Anyone out there with trigger time on this subcompact?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk about hand cannons on here. I have to admit I like the idea of the new Taurus "The Judge". This is a 5 shot revolver that shoots the .45 Colt and .410 shotgun shell.
It's a beast, I picked one up at the store but haven't had a chance to fire one yet. Odds of hitting said bad guy go up with a .410 shell.
Alternate .45 with the .410 and you have quite the home defense weapon.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OMG that is the most awesome pistol Ive seen in a while.
I have to post a link.. link The price is not bad either!

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

That's a nice video on there. The power of a shotgun in a much smaller package. How about those two monster holes?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Why not just a snub .38? What kind of person could you be taking out with a .410 shot gun shell? Jesus.. Overkill to the max. Did you see how big that pistol was? Count me out.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

yes but if youre worried about some crack/coke/meth head coming in your window at night, its dark, yer ampped up on adrenalaine, it would certainly help compensate for the situation in a hurry lol

id just be worried about the shot shells screwing up the rifling in an already short barrel.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
I had a good friend when I was growing up take a .357 Mag to the upper thigh. He was 6'4 and he nearly lost his leg. It completely shattered the bone and the internal tissue damage was horrible. I'm guessing from the bone shattering? Just lucky it didn't hit the main artery. It took him nearly a year to walk halfway normal again.

The bone fragmentation probably did a lot of damage. Tissue damage will have been a combination of the bullet passing through, bone fragmentation, vessel damage and particulate incursion into the wound. The vessel damage will have caused a degree of ischemia, which may have led to the poor limb prognosis. I'm guessing ther was some delay in reaching definitive medical aid? The delay in healing time will have been through a combination of delayed muscle healing and an extended period in an external fixator, combined with multiple surgical interventions to excise, pin and plate (eventually).

This is a demonstration of how TV has created an inaccurate view of what can happen with a limb wound. This story has shown that even a "simple" leg wound can have life-changing effects on someones life.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Why not just a snub .38? What kind of person could you be taking out with a .410 shot gun shell? Jesus.. Overkill to the max. Did you see how big that pistol was? Count me out.

I wouldn't even think about trying to carry it. At home though it would be easier to utilize than a tactical shotgun. Like I said I've held one at the store but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet at a range.

When it comes to protecting your life or your families, overkill is better than taking a chance at some crack head shrugging off a .380 though right? I would error on the side of caution in that situation. That's what has me interested in the "Judge" for a home defense weapon.

Don't know if I'll ever get one though. I am very interested in a small concealable pistol like what I posted previously.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Taurus "The Judge"... Gotta get me one of those
That is the premiere home defense weapon!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

for actual home defense, i got 2 that i like

winchester 1300 defender. 12g pump with factory 18" barrel and extended shell tube so using 2 3/4 shells i think i got 7 in the tube. 3" was 6 (i may be wrong it could have been 5 and 6 respectivly)

OR, if a shotty isnt what u want

get a hipoint 9mm carbine (also come in .40sw) they're cheap. put a red dot scope on it and its pretty accurate, i mounted a minimag on mine under the foregrip with a pressure switch. AND it will fire +p rounds

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Makes sense.. That gun is kind of one dimensional. Though, this coming from a guy with a fully loaded Mac 10 in the vault, I should probably bite my tongue.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

ingram or cobray? open or closed bolt? 9mm or .45?

i used to have an ingram closed bolt 9mm. NO accuracy but god it was fun to shoot.

thing was a lead hose though lol

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Licensed:

Master Piece Arms, Closed Bolt, 9MM w/ suppressor, sometimes just an extension. 2 thirty round clips. Kept in the closet keeper chambered.

I may or may not have a different (real/more exciting) variation.

And no, I don't use blazer rounds for anything other than target rounds.

Edit: Photo only has a 15 minute lifespan.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
heh very nice

and blazers are a waste of money IMO, nly time my usp ever jammed it was with them as they wouldnt cycle the action

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

They did the same thing to a Tec-9 I may or may not have. Junk rounds.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm getting rid of all the junk bull# and I'm going to focus more on guns that will last me my life.

I'm dead set on the....

Yugo AK-47.
Glock 23

I have no idea what hunting rifle or shotgun I should get. I'd like to have a revolver I could use as my everyday concealed. Any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

think smith n wesson makes a decent snub 357

lot of people for hunting like large calibers. .308 30-06 .270 etc

i prefer a .243 or a 22-250 (yes, i can drop a deer cleanly with a 22-250)

but as with everything its personl preference

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The Yugo seems to be much better than the Romanian AK-47. At least that is what I am reading everywhere.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by on_yur_6]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I keep 2 guns on my headboard. One is the Smith and Wesson 686+ .357 with seven round cylinder. 4 inch barrel. it's kind of heavy but the recoil isn't too bad. not even sure what weight the bullet is or how many grains of powder it has but it's winchester ammo. The second is a Glock (forgive me i forget the model number and i don't wanna run upstairs and look) .40 cal also winchester ammo, JHP. Nifty little gun and fun to shoot. I don't think a guy or gal could go wrong with either of these.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I'm getting rid of all the junk bull# and I'm going to focus more on guns that will last me my life.

I'm dead set on the....

Yugo AK-47.
Glock 23

I have no idea what hunting rifle or shotgun I should get. I'd like to have a revolver I could use as my everyday concealed. Any suggestions?

If you want top quality forget the Yugo AK (not that there's anything wrong with them) and get an Arsenal AK instead, your Glock 23 will fine be fine as your semi auto, and the CCW revolver is easy - Smith & Wesson 642, that little gun has a huge following and for a good reason.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join