It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Why NOT To Vote For Mitt Romney (with videos)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Did you know that Romney is a member of the controversial group the Council of Foreign Relations? Here's his bio FROM the group. So, WHY did he BLATANTLY LIE to "we are change" about that fact?

Let's continue w/ this Youtube video about Romney's association and some "fun facts" about the Mormon Church, also known as Church of Latter Day Saints. (LDS) This video is around three minutes. Did you know that the Mormon church allows polygamy, having numerous wives? Romney's great-grandfather had seven wives.

A 30 second video about Romney's record on abortion and gun rights. NRA confusion, "I don't line up w/ the NRA" and has 'flip-flopped' and is now pro-abortion.

Here's a one minute clip called, "Mitt Romney, war monger." "We ought to double Guantanamo." In reference to the illegal torture base the U.S. has set-up where prisoners are treated almost like SS concentration camps victims. Lovely, Mitt, way to care about human rights.

Here's a six second clip on why his sons won't serve in the war(s).

Lastly, here's an article about a co-finance chairman, who was involved w/ a child abuse scandal at a Utah School. And here, we have an article from the same source, about a "communist connection" w/ Romney, which also ties him to the Chinese Bain Corp's fraud case in the millions of dollars.

Why not one more video dealing w/ Mitt? Here's one called, "Mitt Romney has a truth problem." It's about three minutes in running time.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wonder what Mormon Mitt has to say about this: "US polygamy sect leader sentenced"

A US polygamist sect leader has been sentenced to five years to life in jail as an accomplice to rape for forcing a 14-year-old girl to marry her cousin.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Is he running for a position in a church or is he running for the presidency of the United State of America?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Apparently that section of the Constitution dealing with the "Separation of Church and State" escaped the OP...

Good One USCit..

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

I agree UScitizen, his religion shouldn't even be a matter of discussion. However, it seems to be, not only here at ATS but in the mainstream media as well.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Alright, 'separated' for this discussion... and looks like we got some Mormon Mitt fans around... how about lying about the CFR? How about having a finance adviser in a child abuse scandal? His 'corporate' fraud scams?

Mormon Mitt is doing great in the polls, seems like some Americans like the harem lifestyle, yet not the 'terrorists' who also advocate it, "double" the size of Gitmo? Sickening.

And to the poster who mentions, "good one" -- are you 10 years old in the 50s?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You never did answer my question on the other thread, anhinga... Would you prefer that he be some radical fundamentalist? Would that fit your religio/political preference?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Mormon Mitt

Your actually posting his religion in front of his name....

And YOU accuse someone of being childish?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What next? Are you going to start making schoolyard names out of other people religions?

Hello everyone, I'm Christian Semper....

NOW That was a "Good One"

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm "New Age" Speaker...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

...how about him not lying and for these obvious supporters of his -- answer the questions about these 'outed' stories.

"Radical fundamentalist"?! He is one! Sick, neocons have people believing that communism was 'bad' during the cold war(s) -- yet China still is, and could ruin the U.S., even preemptive nuclear winter strike the U.S., their military is more then double the U.S., but now, yeah sure, let's go pick on the mid east, ruin the people w/ DU everywhere: in weapons, in the missiles, in the food/groundwater. Sure, 'attack Iran' because they have some, not as much as people believe, oil. Keep dreaming. There's 11 million (waiting) military aside from the 1/2 million army they have. China and Russia are supporting them and ya'll (for the obvious Southerners here) still want 'republican' fundamentalists in charge?

When will the Christian lies come out Bush? 'Thou shall not kill.' Never forget that, not a half/full twin towers that I watched fall and have family of friends dead and a lot of... I'll stop here. Lies, 'new' Nazi Bush lies and now, you want another 'council of foreign relations' loser in there?

No thanks, think about this, while you're all missing 'terror 24' Murdoch express. Liking the Myspace/hate he put millions of ex-creative youth in? Or Nazi Gates (Bill or Bob?) violence, video game programming?

Vote for these people, Hill included, we lose worse then we're at -- 9$ trillion. Take a look at the deficit, before anything. Should Romney have a plan, I'm all ears, but until then, spare me one-liners zeroing in on religion, this isn't the dark ages.

zfacts.com...

[edit on 21-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
spare me one-liners zeroing in on religion, this isn't the dark ages.

Naw, it's just the new freaking inquisition by people like you!!

By the way, tell me ONE freaking candidate that is running in this election that isn't a part of the CFR and if you say Shrillery Clinton I am going to tell you that you're full of #, too!!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

And you zero in on it! Unreal!

Um, is Ron Paul part of the CFR Speakeroftruth? I don't know...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Anhinga, you seem t o know so much.. Why don't you tell me? Why are you answwering a question by asking one? You must study rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You're REEEEAL mature,anhinga. You added me to your foes list just because I disagree... That's okay because I returned the "favor"

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

still want 'republican' fundamentalists in charge?

NOW this thread makes sense...

Speaker, it's just another "pre" election ploy thread by a hater... We will see many more before it's over...

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yeah, Semper... I imagine he/she is a Shrillery Clinton supporter. I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would suspect you are correct...

I made you a Friend to even things out...

LOL

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
No, I don't support Clinton should you of even read my earlier post... also, should these politicians separate church and state going into their 'career' -- we might not be in this position.

Like I, or any people out there, could vote for a guy with those sort of beliefs, no way, it's bordering on sexist and woman obviously don't like the practice:

Utah's divorce rate is 4.3 per 1,000 populations, slightly higher than the United States divorce rate of 4.1.

utahmarriage.org...

Sure, it's gone down since the 90s (5.4), and my stat is from 2000.... I've seen in other politic forums this issue come up and I don't see why it's 'taboo' around here. Plus, I mentioned aspects of his character/history that no one's seemed to comment on.

Lastly, 'ganging up' and derailing the thread violate the T & C:

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in immediate termination of posting privileges.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but there is no one "derailing" the thread. You made religion an issue in your original post and the rest of us are telling you that his religion shouldn't even be a matter of discussion. Thank ya.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If you want to hone in on his political ideas, that's fine. However, a person's religious or spiritual beliefs shouldn't even be a topic in a political forum...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join