It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Why NOT To Vote For Mitt Romney (with videos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
(sorry Mods, x2 post)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The rest of us, all two of you?

You have brought nothing to the table as per discussing his record -- and by telling someone what to think is inexcusable. Religion has been brought up time and again, and should candidates admit to their preferences, the citizens will obviously question that.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh, so separation of church and state only applies when it fits YOUR agenda, right? Somehow, that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Then again, in the world and political chaos we currently live in, nothing really does.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The Prejudices of the masses and those that think like them will continue..

SpeakerofTruth I applaud you for defending one of the founding principles of this Nation against those that would insert religious prejudice into a political forum...

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

My agenda? SOT -- I'm one of billions of people. The U.S. population is in the 300+ million range. The only agenda I have is the truth for someone to lead the country.

Should the secret police come after me for not 'separating' the two -- so be it, but Bush doesn't, how do I know Romney won't do the same, you're not looking at them but one, innocent voter:

"I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it."
-- Bush commenting to Texas evangelist James Robinson...

"We share common goals and a common faith."
-- Bush, addressing the Christian Coalition's "Road To Victory" convention

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike...""
--Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Abu Mazen quoting Bush

www.gainesvillehumanists.org...

Plenty more on that page.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Semper, that applies for me across the board. I wouldn't even consider voting for someone like Pat Robertson for instance because he is a, in my opinion, radical fundamentalist, which is strange given the fact that he is endorsing Rudy Giuliani..

Religion shouldn't even be discussed here in this forum. If it is, it should be posted in the "Religion in politics" section. If you want to talk religion, there is plenty of space for that at ATS and BTS...

[edit on 21-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

None of thoise comments should have been made by Bush... Who by the way, in my estimation, at times seems to act as if he has got a messiah complex. However, he made those comments to play on the emotions and interests of a certain group, namely the religious right.. Politicians will do any and everything they deem necessary to grab votes. It's a shame, but it's the truth. If you want my honest opinion, I have never seen or encountered a politician in my life that I'd trust as far as I could throw them, which wouldn't be very far.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Agreed.... my point in bringing up religion was the politicians need to separate and should Mitt be financed by churches or vice-versa, that's against the Constitution. Here's the Wiki page on said topic:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd really like to bring this thread to a civil debate for this holiday weekend. Does anyone know how Romney has such a lead? Do people, in general, read about Ron Paul, or is the mainstream media's slamming of him work like a charm?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Anhinga, to be honest, it's going to be hard for Paul to get any kind of legitimate foothold as long as the mainstream media is set against him.

We already know that the majority of the public no longer reads and they are strictly visual individuals. They get about 85% of their "knowledge"
from the television...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't support RP, but Speaker has it right...

No Mainstream, No Nomination is the general rule...

However this is not a Ron Paul thread, so I'll close now..

Semper

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Alright, 'separated' for this discussion... and looks like we got some Mormon Mitt fans around... how about lying about the CFR? How about having a finance adviser in a child abuse scandal? His 'corporate' fraud scams?

Mormon Mitt is doing great in the polls, seems like some Americans like the harem lifestyle, yet not the 'terrorists' who also advocate it, "double" the size of Gitmo? Sickening.

And to the poster who mentions, "good one" -- are you 10 years old in the 50s?

First of all I don't believe in any religion, god or the devil I'm just not into the whole fairy tale thing. I don't care if someone believes in a religion, good for them it's just not for me. And I don't judge people based on what religion they believe in, as long as they don't try to force it onto me. I bet it won't be long before the Christian religion starts blowing each other up over here because they belong to different denominations.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i'm sorry, but why does it matter that he's a mormon again? we have politicians that believe all sorts of loony things. john ashcroft belongs to a sect of christianity that thinks dancing is sinful, didn't have any place in the discussion (unless you're a comedian, that is)

doesn't matter what the loony beliefs are unless they're something along the lines of a westboro baptist church belief that god hates the usa...
so really it's only topical belief that matters

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It does matter:

Separation of church and state is a political and legal doctrine which states that government and religious institutions are to be kept separate and independent of one another.

en.wikipedia.org...

"...is the heart of the American people: hardworking, innovative, risk-taking, God-loving, family-oriented American people."

"America's culture is also defined by the fact that we are a religious people. We recognize our God not only in our Declaration of Independence, but even in our currency.”

myclob.pbwiki.com...
thinkexist.com...

I think separation of church and state is like the Logan Act, a policy that no one seems to follow. Those were two Romney quotes invoking God.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

...all the mainstream candidates have invoked god. romney, giuliani, obama, clinton, thompson.
where's your thread on why you won't vote for each of them?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

...only so many minutes in a day.... plus, I'd rather wait until PTS gets some more action as to go really digging in Hill's closet. I was kind of railing her in that 'team' thread for awhile.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

He does not hate Christians... Only Mormons...

That is obvious...

Semper

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think organized religion is the problem. I don't 'hate' any form of anything, it's just kind of nuts how religion can get people against one another.

How do you solve the problems? I have no idea, but NWO 'one world religion' isn't going to solve anything. I think primers for students is a welcome step, to let younger generations know about other people's beliefs as they enter the world.

I am not for any 'religious' figure, nor candidates who lie, steal and commited crimes, at least are suspected of -- which is why I like Ron Paul -- he seems to give a hoot about people being a physician and wants to enact law that could help the economy grow. I don't see that from any other candidates.

All I hear about is war and 'terror' -- while the powers that be are some of the ones orchestrating that nonsense when we should already have alternative means of energy. Hill? She recommends a lousy 50$b for energy, that's peanuts compared to what the deficit is. She'll 'use violence on Tehran' and evoke more worldwide hatred? No thanks, people better read about her before worrying (about religious beliefs), and consider Romney's background, she's the true threat since she's got most of the women's vote already from what I hear around NYC and Phila.... although the latter seems to be pro-Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

which is why I like Ron Paul -- he seems to give a hoot about people being a physician and wants to enact law that could help the economy grow. I don't see that from any other candidates.

That is Fantastic...

I am not opposed to RP, not my candidate, but he does make a lot of sense...

My question to you is this...??

Do you think that "Mud Slinging" and assisting those that do Sling Mud, will help RP or hurt him?

Would not he be better served by positive support and real talk?

I have to admit, I have not made up my mind who yet to "really" get behind, although I am leaning one way, but all the threads that are so negative like HHH's and this one, are really starting to push me away from whomever the OP supports.. For me and people like me, your shooting yourself in the foot...

You supporting RP and authoring a thread like this only tells me that Ron Paul is a religious bigot.. Maybe he is and maybe he is not, but your sure putting him in that light...

Semper

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I think it could help Paul. While people are bickering about inane topics that the country doesn't care about, he can offer some change, and I hate to sound like a 'supporter' but I think he could.

Agreed about who to 'get behind' at this point. On the cable news, they clearly have favorites and I wonder where else people turn for info besides general 'net searches? And from the choice of Bloody Gore or 'citizen' Kerry, the country was 'choiceless' recently. Here's a chance for something 'different' -- which, to me, seems worthwhile -- but, those cable news losers really try to sway people.

...so, I know what you mean about 'shooting the foot' but I'd rather do that then a lawyer a la Oil Cheney.... Paul could get republican, which, is the best thing that could happen for the country. But, should he go indy, Hill wins by default and maybe she'll bring prosperity economically, I don't know. I'm not a fan of her husband, but his 'economic team' seemed to keep the deficit down, which is what really bothers me; should there be more 'terror' -- this (Mitt), and the Ghoul is who's ahead because people loooove their cable news versions of the truth...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

of course it's obvious. i knew the answer before i asked the question, it's not something unheard of in discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join