It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
USER'S NOTE:

If you want to refer to someone's post specifically, you can click the "reply to:" key in the top right hand corner of the specific post. If for some reason this does not work, please type something along the lines of "reply to member whoosiewhatsie" to start your new post. This will help make your comments more easily understood, so anyone reading this knows exactly who or what you are responding to.

And thank you for your participation on the thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Blood drinking is a satanic ritual wherein a child is tortured until death and then the childs blood consumed by the members of the ritual. This happens all over the country, all the time. Look up the investigations done by Ted Gunderson.

The blood of a tortured victim becomes full of what is called adrenalchrome, an adrenaline hormone which floods the brain. It is said this is the thing that satanists and blood drinkers are into, it's one of the most powerful hallucinogens and amphetamine drugs known to man, and the only way to obtain it is through the adrenal glands of victims.

The myth of the vampire goes back to Dracula because he was known to torture countless victims to death - perhaps for the same adrenalchrome and satanic purposes.

Vampires are real in the sense that blood sacrifice is an actual practice by deep underground satanists. The entire vampire legend was written by a man in the same organization as Aleister Crowley... I think that says enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to

The entire vampire legend was written by a man in the same organization as Aleister Crowley... I think that says enough.

Whilst this may be true for the modern day "Hollywood" Vampire, it's not true for the legend itself.
Vampires have been included in myth, legend and folklore for millenia.
The greek, norse, mesapotamian and egyptian cultures of ancient times held beliefs in god and demons of a vampiric nature.
It is widely believed that the Persians were the one of the first cultures to believe in blood-drinking demons. Evidence of this has been found in the form of creatures drinking blood from humans being depicted on shards of pottery found at various archeological digs.
The Babylonions had the myth of Lilitu. She was apparently a demon who survived by drinking the blood of babies. Her Jewish counterpart, Lilith was meant to also feed on the blood of men and women as well as babies.
The Mesopotamians also held beliefs in the Babylonian goddess Lamashtu and Gallu who were believed to have vampiric tendencies.

The Greeks showed signs of believing in vampires similar to the ones of more recent folklore, although not as the undead. Empusa, daughter of the goddess Hecate, a demonic creature, was said to transfigure herself into a beautiful woman and seduce men, then drink their blood as they slept.
Lamia was said to be the daughter of a greek king and one of the mistresses of Zeus, but when his wife, the goddess Hera found out she killed Lamia's children and, as revenge, Lamia began to feed from young children as they slept by drinking their blood.
The striges (or strix as they were known in Roman belief) preyed upon children and young men.
The Romanian Strigoi, the Albanian Shtriga and the Slavic Strzyga are all said to have originated from the Roman belief in the Strix.

There was mass hysteria concerning vampires and vampire attacks in medieval Europe that spilt over even so far as the 18th century where an "epidemic" of grave diggings and corpse stakings occured as a response to numerous recorded sightings.

The Ashanti tribe of West Africa believe in the asanbosam which lives in trees with teeth of iron and preys on innocents. The Ewe tribe believe in the adze which preys specifically on children and takes on the form of the firefly to do so.

Most of this information can be found online from various sources, but also extensive reading into ancient cultures will lead yout o eventually come across some mention of either an actual vampire or a god or demon which possess vampiric tendencies.

*(infromation gained from en.wikipedia.org... other, slightly more reliable sources may also be found with relative ease by using the following link...
www.google.co.uk...)

If at all you disagree with anything said here, please contradict me. Opinions are no good without voice.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by solign

Excellent post and a star for it.

All of this mythology must certainly have some truth in it. Perhaps more than we care to know, or are deliberately turned away from.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

If you think, every story written today has some grain of truth in it, e.g something experienced by the protagonist relates to an experience of the author or someone they know.
Then surely the same must go for old myths and legends. Theoretically they should relate in some way to the true-life experiences of the original tellers.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found this video posted as another UFO find, but I think perhaps that it was not a spaceship. Instead, I immediately thought of a vampire flying through the night sky and diving in for a kill. Enjoy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
mmmmk didn't take the time to read all the responses for this thing but did aNYONE EVER THINK MAYBE VAMPIRES ARE JUSY ANOTHER SECT OF HUMANITY LIKE there's so many diffrent types of people on this planet and we all eveloved in different ways. We allhave different traits. Some races are more suseptible to dieases. why isn't it at least possible if not plausible that maybe way back when there were peopl and maybe some of them decided to drink human blod as a ritual. maybe they lived in an area where the sun was rarely seen. couldn't it be possible that these people began to evolve and addapt to thir way of life and we got left with the modern concept of vampires.

let it be stated that it has been proven thathuman blood does have healing properties. human blood can reverse the aging prosses of skin. We give blood transfusions to peopl who need it. why does everyone think t's so far fetched that people shouldneed it to survive. don't we all need blood to survive?

without it we're suseptible to deseases, we start to whither away. All I'm saying is that i think it's at least possible that there's beings out there who could be deemed vampires.

oh and p.s. i think the whole vampires have to drink HUMAN blood thing is bogus. i think they could just as easily sustain on animal blood.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Akane

I actually do, well its bit of a phychological disorder as well meaning a person does not mearly choose to drink blood but can not stop them selves. In most cases it's and iron diffecency that has caused someone to crave blood simply because it is rich in iron.

I might equate that to other eating disorders or alcoholism. Very real diseases that I don not believe are entirely psychological. For instance, people who eat food that has little to no nutritional value are often obese and gorge themselves.

Do you live an "non-average" lifestyle to facilitate satiation, or do you "go hungry" keeping it a secret? The third alternative could be drinking your own blood of course.

And harvesting organs from homeless people will never happen, ethic scientists wont allow it.

Check this link about a movie on that subject. It's worth renting.

I do believe that drinking your own blood, can sustain ones physcological need to an extent.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Akane

I actually do, well its bit of a phychological disorder as well meaning a person does not mearly choose to drink blood but can not stop them selves. In most cases it's and iron diffecency that has caused someone to crave blood simply because it is rich in iron.

I might equate that to other eating disorders or alcoholism. Very real diseases that I don not believe are entirely psychological. For instance, people who eat food that has little to no nutritional value are often obese and gorge themselves.

Do you live an "non-average" lifestyle to facilitate satiation, or do you "go hungry" keeping it a secret? The third alternative could be drinking your own blood of course.

And harvesting organs from homeless people will never happen, ethic scientists wont allow it.

Check this link about a movie on that subject. It's worth renting.

I do believe that drinking your own blood, can sustain ones physcological need to an extent.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hey Jackinthebox - Vlad The Impaler.. was he not Dracula or where it started? I have a relative who has medical conditions to do with sunlight.. but to my knowledge doesn't drink blood or need to... I know there are medical conditions where human blood would help the coniditon....... interesting topic thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ToolFanMael

Vlad the Impaler is indeed the historical figure which Bram Stoker based his now infamous Dracula character. The truth is however, that vampires have been reported throughout history, further back into mythology, and even refereed to in the bible. So even if Prince Vlad was indeed a true Vampire, he was not the first in my opinion. They are not always called "vampires" either, and there are variations in their descriptions, motivations, habits, etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Jackinthebox i too am currently trying to gather enough information to make myself acknowledge that fact of classic vampires. I'm wondering what is your take on Maxx Shreck. I'm from northern Virginia 45 miles south of D.C. I'm wondering what info you could give me that could help make sense to me of the phenomena that is the Vampire. Or how one could go about gaining this information in searching by oneself.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RopeEngine

Are you talking about Max Schreck of "Nosferatu" fame?

I did a lot of study on the subject years ago, and have had some more "direct" experience as well.

At this point, I believe there are at least two distinct races of authentic Vampires, that really have very little in common with one another.

[edit on 6/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How would the best way for a person to find evidence that they exist go about doing so. In other words where could i go or where to start if i want to find the truth. I have been searching but i cant find anything. Any pointers? Yes i was talking about Shreck in the movie sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How would the best way for a person to find evidence that they exist go about doing so.

Well, you will never find "proof" if that's what you're looking for here. The only thing you will find through research are the plauseable possibilitites. Either you believe or you don't believe, it's as simple as that. If you do accept the possibility, then the only thing left is to define what the Vampire actually is, not wether or not it exists. If you don't believe, then no eivdence will sway you.

I have been searching but i cant find anything. Any pointers? Yes i was talking about Shreck in the movie sense.

Perhaps you should start with Max Schreck then. Was he actually a Vampire? There are those who believe that he was. Mystery surrounds his historical birth and death, and even his own strange habits in life.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Are you talking about Max Schreck of "Nosferatu" fame?

At this point, I believe there are at least two distinct races of authentic Vampires, that really have very little in common with one another.

I hear he never showed his face on the set out of costume. Weren't his two front teeth the fangs? I find that unlikely. Where in nature are the teeth actual fangs other than the incisors, unless all the teeth are lengthened and sharpened?

Also, would you be inclined to tell what your idea of the two types of legitimate vampires are? It invokes the curiousity... Do tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I do believe in vampires, both RLVs and that there is something more akin to legends that are told.

I know many lifestyler's that are in houses/clans and that practice vampirism as a lifestyle including someone very, very close to me however I could never shake the thought that there must be some truth in a legend that has been present in every major civilization all with common ways of detecting and getting rid of them.

I am currently working on a documentary on RLVs/Lifestylers, so I appreciate this thread much.

I can not wait to see where this goes from here. Great topic and I hope that some conclusion can be drawn definitely in a few years as to whether they do exist or not.

If anyone wants to discuss this matter with me in private or has some thoughts to share for my documentary, please contact me at [email protected].

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
vampires ate my hamster.

i buried her shriveled remains near a river but after visiting the grave four days later the grave had been disturbed and she was gone.

be on the lookout for a small hamster with sharp teeth and a lust for blood.

I am not sure whether she will be thirsting human blood or hamster blood but i wouldn't take any chances.

if you see a hamster...kill it.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hello, jackinthebox. I never thought you might have been the guy to have an interest in vampires. Something new always blowing my mind away.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure that there probably are quite a few vampires around.

BTW: Have you heard about that cat that materialized into a woman after when she got hit by a motorcycle in Nigeria? True story... To think of something like that, maybe vampires could materialize into being a vampire bat?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What are those two races? Would you tell?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join