It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Anyone who sais they do not believe in vampires has never bothered to look into the subject, and would probably be to closed-minded to even be on this site. We all know that there are people who like to drink blood, people allergic to sunlight, people who prey on the energy of others, etc. This is not what I intend to discuss here though.

I believe in the POSSIBILITY that true vampires may exist, in the mythical sense. So from now on when I say "Vampire" (as a proper noun), this is what I am talking about. So please, leave the other sorts at the door for discussion elsewhere.

If we look at the traits of the Vampire, they can be found all thoughout nature. What I would like to do here is collect data on all of these different traits and package them into one creature, to see what traits are or are not valid in defining a "true" Vampire.

There are people who CHOOSE to drink blood, and creatures who NEED to drink fresh blood to survive. Does anyone have any evidence of a Human who actually needs to drink blood, from a clinical perspective?

There are creatures with amazing regenerative capabilites, and scientists seem to believe that Humans may soon have these abilities as well. To regrow a limb for example. Would it be a far stretch then to believe that a Vampire might be able to quickly regenerate flesh to heal from say a gunshot wound?

There are people who can suffer great harm if exposed to sunlight. There is a place called "Camp Sundown", a few miles from where I live, that is a nocturnal summer camp for children who are afflicted by this. Not to mention the many creatures who are just nocturnal by nature. It is not a far stretch to believe that a Vampire may have a problem with sunlight.

Immortality is a very big concept really. Nothing lives forever. The Sun even will burn itself out eventually. So for the our purposes here, let us simply define immortality as the ability to live well beyond the normal years of a Human lifespan. Hundreds, thousands, maybe even tens of thousands of years lets say. There are life forms, as microscopic as they might be, that may rest dormant for thousands of years only to be reawakened under the right set of conditions. What more complex creatures can we think of that live for even a few hundred years? Longer then Human that is. I'm looking for examples here, but I don't think we can rule out yet that Vampires may be able to live for centuries if not millenia.

I must leave off here, but I will return. I hope that those who choose to participate here will debate logically, and try to put aside pre-conceived notions. Remember, anything is possible. Raw data will of course be prized as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
vampires? sure its possible. and i guess even slightly proable. there is still a lot about this planet that we dont know.

i thought the whole vampire thing came from that count that impeled all of those people vlad the impeler was his name i think?

anywho. should be neat to see what others have to say. although im not a total believer.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
(You've got the best name on the site Dale!!!)

"Vlad the Impaler" was the true historical figure used by the author Bram Stoker centuries later in his epic love story Dracula. Stoker was quite inaccurate when it came to the historical aspects of the character, as was his liberty, as he was only trying to author a believable fiction not reference material.

If Vampires do exist, I do not believe that Vlad Tepesch was, or is, one of them. The true history of this man is mired in controversey as well, but I tend to believe that he was perhaps one of the most brutal Humans to ever live.

If anyone can find data linking this historical figure to the Vampire race, I would like to see it. Perhaps witness statements seeing him alive after he was supposed to be dead.

Really though, I am not looking to validate works of fiction, but to closely examine what true Vampires might actually be.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i think i saw a documentry on the history channel about it. ill look it up. i just dont know much about the subject besides what ive seen in a movie. but im interested.

yes the name. i was quite supprised to see noone else had taken it. ive only been on this site a few months.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
this site along with a few others seem to think he was the first vampire.

www.vladtheimpaler.com...

i dont want to side track anything so ill sit back and watch for a few.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Even if Prince Vlad was a Vampire I doubt he was the first. If such a race exists, they have probably been here at least as long as Humans. Think back to mass Human sacrifice, god-kings, even biblical references that could be interpreted as evidence of Vampires. (The bloodletting of pre-European contact American empires is one area I intend to examine much more closely. Their Human sacrifices seem to really "take the taco".)

But let me even flip that theory on its head for a minute. What if Vampires are an invading race? Say from a dieing planet? Maybe one that became uninhabitable in the last twenty thousand years perhaps? How about, Mars? An advanced race of humanoid being invading a neighboring planet after they sucked all the life out of their own. Hmmm...plauseable

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here is some quick info on sun allergy:

www.intelihealth.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

mythical eh ?

are we talking pre- poliodori's novel type, the hideous, ugly, ghoulish undead nightmare, the type that exists in graveyards and rural villages, or the post poliodori type, the good looking romantic noble with a secret, or the post bram stoker version of the romantic blood drinker noble who turns damsels into the undead and is turned to dust ?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

look into the order of the dragon. His dad may have been the first

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I believe that the types you describe are all possible.

I imagine that the creatures woven in to the fabric of ancient myth and biblical script to be quite demonic in nature and appearance. The mythology of a once notorious role-playing game ties in Cain and Lilith as founding figures of the Vampire nation.

If these creatures have existed since antiquity, then it is not hard at all to imagine that they may hold noble titles in the middle-ages. After all, they may have once been the god-kings of old. Think of how royalty are often referred to as "blue-bloods." The beastlike or demonic nature of their being may be lurking just behind the facade of etiquiette and clothed in fiberous wealth.

The most base description of Vampires is the zombie-like creatures who were popping out of their graves during the "burning times" right up until the industrial revolution. This sort is actually the closest to verifiable, and there is quite a bit of historical material on them. These sort may have indeed existed, and may still "pop up" from time to time, I believe they are an aberration. Not true Vampires that is, but something more akin to a ghoul, or a Vampire cousin if you will.

As far as love, hate, good, bad, none of these traits may be indicative of the Vampire's nature. They are probably as individual as Humans and a creatue as powerful as the Vampire probably retains some sort of free will.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thank you for the data CloudlessKnight. (This post meant to be reply)

The data in these articles appear accurate and informative, however they seem to give the impression that the condition is not very serious. I have seen for myself young children suffering in great pain after being exposed to sunlight. The skin reaction was severe enough to cause bleeding. Of course, statistically speaking, this may not be very common among the Human population.

Now I'm going to jump off the deep end of theoretical here.

The InteliHealth page states that this affliction is often hereditary. This would lead me to believe that Vampires and Humans either share a common ancestor, that one race is the father of the other, or that the bloodlines have otherwise been cross-contaminated. Considering the sanguinary nature atrributed to the Vampire there is a high probability of the direct blood contact that could be the conduit to transmit such a trait, without the need for interbreeding. I am curious if anyone has actually studied if the sun allergy can be can be transmitted directly through bodily fluids, or if it is proven to be strictly linked to DNA inheritance.

Even deeper...

The afore mentioned article also mentions that women and Native Americans are more likely to suffer from the condition. (One might expect fair-skinned races to have higher figures.) Now women have been "demonized" for centuries based on the whole Garden of Eden thing, but I don't have a coherent theory there yet in relation to this subject. I also mentioned before how Adam's supposed first wife Lilith may have some connection to the begginings of the Vampire species. I also mentioned before how native American empires seem to be the most blood-thirsty among mankind with their ritual sacrifice, regularly ripping the hearts from people's chests and such. I don't mean to be derogatorry in anyway, but is it possible more clues can be found among the red-skinned people?

[edit on 20-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I found a cool page on the web talking about devilish horned skulls among others.

Perhaps the horned skull people were a race of Vampires. Interesting that they seemed to live among the Native Americans before the Europeans got here. There is also a French version, but I don't think it's dated, so perhaps it is much older.

The link may or may not reveal any direct evidence of Vampires, but it should help open a closed mind to the possibility. Humanoid life was far more diverse than it is today. Even if a few Vampires have survived to walk among us.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I actually came across a group?coven?flock? of light avoiding entities many, many years ago. Though I got the sense that they would do me no wrong, if left alone, I was sure to get the hint to leave and shut up. I did leave the immediate area, and proceded to spend a week in the general vicinity, and though I surely felt and sensed their presence, it was like we had made an agreement at the first encounter. Live and let live, was my understanding, there was more than enough cattle for feeding.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
We all know that there are people [...] who prey on the energy of others

Really? I did'nt know that!
Thx for the info
And sorry for sarcasm

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes, theoretically speaking, a vampire can exist. yes there could exist a person who for some reason or another needs to drink blood, and has an uncontrollable thirst for it, has stronger tendons, bone, and muscle, is much, much more sensitive to light, has pronounced canines, and stronger jaw muscles, etc... Yes, theoretically this is all possible. So what

are we all supposed to run around in, "I believe in vampires", T-shirts because its theoretically possible?

[edit on 21-11-2007 by jimmy1200]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Please give more details of your experience.

The habits and motivitions of true Vampires may be very diverse, so you mat not have been in any immediate danger. Vampires may not be murderers. I entertain the possibility that the Comte De St. Germain may have been a Vampire. He is said to have never aged, was spotted after his "normal" lifespan should have expired, and drank some "elixir" instead of eating. The need for blood does not necessarily equate to violence.

Again, I am quite interested to hear more about your experience.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

I don't mind a little sarcasm. With that line I was referring to psychic vampires. Real people, not supernatural, who are just a real bummer to be around.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

I am glad you accept the possibility, so many people do not. My intention here is to examine all data and evidence with an open mind in the hopes of identifying the parameters of the Vampire creature. What it is, and what it is not.

I am not trying to convince anyone that they do in fact exist, I am merely trying to define them.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How old are you jackinthebox?

By the way, so many people fought over daledribble that it was stricken from the name catalog! They must have just allowed it back.....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey Jackinthe Box:
I'm glad you brought up this topic. The vast majority of people don't understand or know anything about real Vampires. The answer to your question is:
YES! They do exist. There are people who actually need blood to sustain their energy levels. For some reason, regular food doesn't provide what they need. There is a code of sorts, called the Vampire Codex. There is also a vampire named Michelle Ballinger (sp?) who has written several books about Vampires. The one I have read is titled "Vampires in their Own Words". She explains the Vampire Codex, which is a rule that Vampires must ask permission of a person before drinking their blood. The persons who donate their blood are called donors. In this way, everything is up front and honest. It's a fascinating book and will tell you everything you want to know about Vampires. We just did an interview with Ms. Ballinger in the latest issue of my magazine (Green Egg). The interview was done by someone I know, who is a self-proclaimed Vampire.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join