Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 4
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane
 




I actually do, well its bit of a phychological disorder as well meaning a person does not mearly choose to drink blood but can not stop them selves. In most cases it's and iron diffecency that has caused someone to crave blood simply because it is rich in iron.


I might equate that to other eating disorders or alcoholism. Very real diseases that I don not believe are entirely psychological. For instance, people who eat food that has little to no nutritional value are often obese and gorge themselves.

Do you live an "non-average" lifestyle to facilitate satiation, or do you "go hungry" keeping it a secret? The third alternative could be drinking your own blood of course.



And harvesting organs from homeless people will never happen, ethic scientists wont allow it.


Check this link about a movie on that subject. It's worth renting.




posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble
 


Yup, Vlad the Impaler is where the 'Dracula' idea started... He was a real Romanian count who lived in Transylvania, he was infamous for his cruelty.
I've seen some specials on modern-day Vampires.. There's definately a "subculture" of sorts, but it goes deeper than that for a lot of people. Most involved feel that they need blood, and definately crave it. One lady had a couple of young adult-aged kids, and all of them believed they were Vampires. They'd eat rare or raw meat to curb their cravings for blood!
Possible? Sure, could be a possibility!
(ps** I found a couple elated videos but couldn't get them embeded right... if you search you tube for vampires there's a national geographic clip that's pretty relavent!)
Hope this helps!!



posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shannon13
 


Thanks for the videos! I myself have been diagnosed with "Rienfeld's Syndrome" (SPL?) or "Vampyrism". I have to eat raw meat every now and then to keep my stamina up.



posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Please post a link for those videos. They sound interesting indeed. U2U me if you don't know how to link.



posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
the reason i joiuned this site!

got few views on this subject. as it is my fav subject lol

1.) vamps are a seperate race of beings that evolved along the side of humans. it is a fact that there was more then one branch of humans that were evolving at one period in time. different primates were evolving at different rates and differently due to their enviroment. quick example. there was neanderTALS and neanderTHALS. i think it was the thals that were from the northern hemisphere (cant remember it the right way round) and were bigger then the tals from the south (the ones from africa). apperently they were bigger, had a high pain threshhold and were a whole lot stronger. due to the cold enviroment. again the migration from africa of what is said are our ancestors was a product of their enviroment as at the time their food sources and geographical location was making life hard (too hot) so they migrated north. apperently they also came into contact with the humnas from the north and wiped them out. the reason i went in to this is well what if when OUR branch of the race was evolving there was an other that was the vamperic branch? could they at this point in time made their footing in the grand picture of history?
now in the food chain pyramid the higher you go usually the less there is of the predator. if a predator over breeds and they exhaust their food supply they die out. so if this is right then vamps numbers will be lower then ours. they are our hunters SO there physical attrobutes and sense would be better then ours in order for them to sucessfully hunt US. also it is a fact that humans use 10% of their brain capacity. these guys may be able to use more. faster thought, possible telepathy?

2.) vampirism is a highly advanced virus. think rabis on steriods. actually rabis sufferers display ver similar characteristics as vampires. dont like direct light (hurts their eyes), compulsion to attack, craving for blood. and so on. if so then it maybe akin to rabis/cancer. maybe it helps to prolang life as cancer cells reproduce and this may help regeneration.

3.) vampirism is some thing akin to a trapped soul in the blood, haunted blood. p[assed on when the infected blood is passed to a new person. so it acts a virus and takes over the hosts bodily systems changing them to vamps.

2 & 3 am not sure on. but 1 am sure could be a possible explanatipon. we aint got a clue whats out there. there is a lot of lore about vampirism. look at blood worship, incas, aztecs. the egyptians they had a culture built on death! through out history there has been countless things that point to the liklyhood of vampire among us. if they are then they run everything! think about it. the secret societies we talk about on theis site have had 100s years of planning. why cant vamps be any different? maybe its them whop run everything or at least are in the wings. i also feel that there would be a hierarchy within their society. leaders, possible royalty? who knows. maybe with the 3 points mentioned above thats why there is differnet TYPES of vamp. 1.) different branchs of the same species? 2.) the virus has not successfully taken over a host and made the ghoulish type? 3.) similar to 2 and that is the spirit was weak in the blood and again different types are around due to this. different strengths of vamp?

definately things to think about on a much deeper level.

darktim



posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darktim
 


I would have to say that it is quite possible that true Vampires are the real puppet-masters behind secret-societies, the NWO, etc. They sit at the top of the pyramid of power. And there is much power in the darkness. Why don't we know about them? Why do we find it so easy to write them off as myth in this day of grandiose technology? Because that is exactly how they want it to be. We don't go out and tell the cows and the pigs we are going to eat them do we? We fatten them up for the kill. The Human race is ripe for plucking, and this would coincide with all of the other doomsday stuff we hear about.

Another good mention is the ancient blood cults that we know for a fact existed. I say it is quite possible that these ancient empires were ruled over by very real blood gods, that we would think of as Vampires today. Is it coincidence then that the ancient Mayan calendar ends in 2012? Will this be the return of LaMagra?



posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darktim
the reason i joiuned this site!

got few views on this subject. as it is my fav subject lol

1.) vamps are a seperate race of beings that evolved along the side of humans. it is a fact that there was more then one branch of humans that were evolving at one period in time. different primates were evolving at different rates and differently due to their enviroment. quick example. there was neanderTALS and neanderTHALS. i think it was the thals that were from the northern hemisphere (cant remember it the right way round) and were bigger then the tals from the south (the ones from africa). apperently they were bigger, had a high pain threshhold and were a whole lot stronger. due to the cold enviroment. again the migration from africa of what is said are our ancestors was a product of their enviroment as at the time their food sources and geographical location was making life hard (too hot) so they migrated north. apperently they also came into contact with the humnas from the north and wiped them out. the reason i went in to this is well what if when OUR branch of the race was evolving there was an other that was the vamperic branch? could they at this point in time made their footing in the grand picture of history?
now in the food chain pyramid the higher you go usually the less there is of the predator. if a predator over breeds and they exhaust their food supply they die out. so if this is right then vamps numbers will be lower then ours. they are our hunters SO there physical attrobutes and sense would be better then ours in order for them to sucessfully hunt US. also it is a fact that humans use 10% of their brain capacity. these guys may be able to use more. faster thought, possible telepathy?

2.) vampirism is a highly advanced virus. think rabis on steriods. actually rabis sufferers display ver similar characteristics as vampires. dont like direct light (hurts their eyes), compulsion to attack, craving for blood. and so on. if so then it maybe akin to rabis/cancer. maybe it helps to prolang life as cancer cells reproduce and this may help regeneration.

3.) vampirism is some thing akin to a trapped soul in the blood, haunted blood. p[assed on when the infected blood is passed to a new person. so it acts a virus and takes over the hosts bodily systems changing them to vamps.

2 & 3 am not sure on. but 1 am sure could be a possible explanatipon. we aint got a clue whats out there. there is a lot of lore about vampirism. look at blood worship, incas, aztecs. the egyptians they had a culture built on death! through out history there has been countless things that point to the liklyhood of vampire among us. if they are then they run everything! think about it. the secret societies we talk about on theis site have had 100s years of planning. why cant vamps be any different? maybe its them whop run everything or at least are in the wings. i also feel that there would be a hierarchy within their society. leaders, possible royalty? who knows. maybe with the 3 points mentioned above thats why there is differnet TYPES of vamp. 1.) different branchs of the same species? 2.) the virus has not successfully taken over a host and made the ghoulish type? 3.) similar to 2 and that is the spirit was weak in the blood and again different types are around due to this. different strengths of vamp?

definately things to think about on a much deeper level.

darktim


I am most of interest in theory number one. I have heard this theory on many other threads over the internet and on ATS, some people who even "claim" to know and have spoken to vampires have 'confirmed' in their words this. As for me I don't know but this theory seems the most.. reasonable.



posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by darktim
 


I would have to say that it is quite possible that true Vampires are the real puppet-masters behind secret-societies, the NWO, etc. They sit at the top of the pyramid of power. And there is much power in the darkness. Why don't we know about them? Why do we find it so easy to write them off as myth in this day of grandiose technology? Because that is exactly how they want it to be. We don't go out and tell the cows and the pigs we are going to eat them do we? We fatten them up for the kill. The Human race is ripe for plucking, and this would coincide with all of the other doomsday stuff we hear about.

Another good mention is the ancient blood cults that we know for a fact existed. I say it is quite possible that these ancient empires were ruled over by very real blood gods, that we would think of as Vampires today. Is it coincidence then that the ancient Mayan calendar ends in 2012? Will this be the return of LaMagra?





Nice comparison with the pigs. lol Please go into dept about the LaMagra, I
don't know much about this.



posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alli3
 


LaMagra is actually a fictitious hyper-vampiric blood-god. However, I believe that true Vampires may indeed exist and are themselves servants of something more demonic. Perhaps their masters are even as hidden and mysterious to them, as the Vampires are to us. I think I suggested earlier in this thread that the Reptilian race described in the Bible and elsewhere may play some role in more deeply hidden mythology.



posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ok look at it like this. you have forever to do with the world what you want. BUT your numbers are few. first of all your the top of the food chain so naturally you want to rule. now if i can make a few points :-

1.) the ancient cultures we're refering to were based on death and blood. at first yeah that could be ok. primative humans will turn much into religion and gods that they dont understand. but after a while it may get boring your numbers may increase, your food source is shrinking fast and the whole thing implodes. now lets theink about that. if you tried through out history to be at the top of all things wouldn't it be easier to stay quiet and let life carry on as normal? maybe the previous attempts had failed the thing imploded humans rose in revolt?

2.) being that your numbers are few you dont want to rise up and declare your self almighty rulers of the world due to perhaps what has happened in the past. so you have ties to the different levels of society were you can still pull the strings and not have the worry of having the world against you.

3.) treating humans as cattle. this was prob done previously, again refering to the ancient cultures. you cant over hunt your food supply as you will then be causing your own down fall. lets say through out history you have learned your lesson and out in the open feeding is the wrong way to go. what do you do? you prob would breed your own food. think battery hens but with prob more freedom. modern eqvialent is maybe a blood bank but bfore all that came about you would prob feed off your own bred stock. if you wasn't high up in the hierachy you would have to hunt. laws would need to be stuck to to ensure then you ddint make you and your race known. their is fact that in high society a couple hundred years ago people would feed from babies. thisis true and they would take them form mothers who could not care for them. feed them up and eat them. was this a remnant of that?

so you can rfine things as you go along as you have the ages to do so.

as for the theory regarding vamps being a species of humanoid that evolved through time with us from say a seperate branch of our ancestors. i think that this would prob be the most possible theory for vamps existance. there are animals that need to feed off blood in order to obtain certain nutriants, clotting agents for their own blood. lions only eat meat. if this is the case with the "vamp" brancha nd they can only eat meat or drink blood for reasons such as this then its possible as again its product of the enviroment. a cat is stronger, fast, more kean sense then that of a mouse or a bird. to this i would say that we aren't the top of the food chain. we are the mice they are the cat. but in this modern age hunting for prey is needless as your food source is more readly available. blood banks, butchers in every single down. thinka bout it., have they made it this way in order to live easier and under the radar?



posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Vampires don't even really have to hide. Most people don't believe in them anyway, and still wouldn't believe even if they saw one.

There were three friends of mine who held varying opinions on UFO's. One believed they were ET's, the next that UFO's were "possible", and the last didn't believe in them at all. One night they all saw a UFO together when they were hanging out in a park near my house. It was a vivid experience that they all shared with no difference in the details when they each related the story. However, the experience did nothing to change their opinions on the subject. One was sure it was piloted by aliens, the second wasn't sure what to believe, and the last said it was piloted by humans.



posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
vmpires a frikin cool man =]
i hope there are such thing.
i believe in them =D



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's true we don't know everything about this planet. In fact, far from it.
Is it not then possible that these creatures exist?
I have read on a couple of different sites and am beggining research into an interesting concept. Is it not possible that vampires are an advanced evolutionary stage of humanity?
The common comception of the vampire is a creature mortally averse to sunlight, with incredible spped and agility, superhuman strength and an insatiable lust for blood which secures their survival.
The theory I have read and bring to your attention is this: perhaps vampires have a different blood composition to humans.
Humans have iron in the haemoglobin in the blood which increases the efficiency of the red blood cells in obtaining and transporting the required oxygen for cell respiration. The theory is that instead of iron, the blood of a vampire is made up with magnesium. This would explain a few things.
Magnesium is a group 2 metal in the periodic table of the elements, this means that, amongst other things, it is highly combustable. This could explain their aversion to sunlight as excess magnesium in the sweat could react with UV rays to create an effect similar to spontaneous human combustion, which is why they would obviously shy away from light.
Also, magnesium strengthens muscles e.g, cardiac muscles leading to a potentially longer lifespan. Also stronger muscles lead to faster reflexes and "superhuman" speed.
It may also lend credence to some theories that vampires fear water as magnesium reacts quickly with water.
The one downside of having a magnesium based haemoglobin in the blood would be that it could not bond with oxygen as well as it would were it made from iron. This would decrease cell respiration. The only way a vampire could get sufficient oxygen into the blood stream to maintain fully functioning cells in the body, and especially the heart and the brain (essential for life as we know it) they would need to take in more than they could breathe as they can no more change the composition of their blood as we can. Thus they must drink the blood of humans to gain the extra oxygen needed which is then passed through the digestive system and enters the blood stream where it may be used to power the creature's highly efficient cells.
As for the idea that vampires create another vampire by biting them, again, it could possibly be explained by the magnesium theory.
The idea of a vampire embracing a human to make it it's kin just merely by biting it is not the most plausible explanation I have heard. This would mean that whilst biting the vampire would need to inject some form of enzyme that would change the composition of the blood. Now, this is, I think implausible, but not impossible. For if, as I suggested earlier, vampires are an advanced stage in the human evolutionary process, they could possess such an enzyme, however, there is another, perhaps more believable explanation of the "embrace".
The vampire reportedly drains the victim of blood before forcing them to ingest their own. By removing the blood of the victim the vampire is removing the iron containing cells and by forcing them to drink their blood is replacing them with the magnesium haem group. The body would then have to adjust to the new blood which would give the idea of the "mortal death" and the reanimation of the corpse perhaps.


[edit on 9-1-2008 by solign]



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As for not showing themselves to us and proving their existance, that is simple. Humans have always had a fear of what we do not know. If these creatures are an evolutionary advancement they may have made themselves known at some point in the past either deliberately or unwittingly and this may have sparked a reaction of fear and reverance in different races. Some people may have seen the potential of these strange beings and worshipped and treated them as gods. Others will have been terrified by these strange anomalies of nature, felt them as a threat to humanities dominance perhaps, and thus reacted with fear and violence. They would have tried to destroy what they did not understand, as humans so often do. This in turn would have led to a knee-jerk reaction from the vampires forcing them into a life of secrecy where they must keep themselves hidden to avoid the same treatment. However, every so often one may come along that either accidentaly or deliberately stumbles into the proverbial light and that is where the stories may have arisen from throughout history.
Is it not possible that these evolutionary marvels may be biding their time waiting for either themselves to become stronger or for humanity to become more tolerant of the unknown to make themselves known once again?
There is little 100% concrete, undeniable, must-be-true evidence that they exist.
However...
There is ABSOLUTELY no 100% concrete, undeniable, must-be-true evidence that they don't.



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
okay, so I guess I wasn't expecting what you had to say. it kind of shocked me to think that someone actually believes in Vampires.
then I thought...what if? of course, we can't actually know until we see them with our own eyes, but we can Believe they're real. i do. you do.
i have a feeling I'll want to talk to you more.

i do have a question for you.

how old are you?

i'm not trying to pry into your personal life or anything. i'm just curious. and how long have you been studying Vampires? when did you decide you believed them?

thanks,
kate



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've always had an interest in vampires and their role throughout history.
I've only started studying them more in depth recently and there's a wealth of information out there.
I'm only 19.
As for believing, yes I do, not ashamed to admit it. Simply because there's many things we don't know about or understand out there in our own back gardens, let alone space. So who's to say we're wrong.
However, it's always good to look at it objectively as if you don't believe either way. That way you can study the evidence with greater efficiency.



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
To the post above mine,
I am glad to hear you keep an open mind,
I would like to reassure you by letting you know
that any queries you have will be answered before your life is over,



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Another interesting point I've come across in relation to the evolution of the magnesium haem group theory. The vast majority of recorded vampire sightings/encounters come from the northern hemisphere where the temperatures are notoriously lower and conditions would be ideal for these creatures, as too high of an outside temperature could potentially cause them to combust even without the presence of UV light.

Reports of Vampires date back to Ancient Egyptian times where they were revered as deities by cultures such as Mayans, Mesapotamians, Incas and even the Egyptians. At the time the world was, as far as the age of the earth goes, not long out of the last ice age so climates on the continents where these civilisations were may not have been as harsh or extreme as they are now which may have allowed some to survive before having to migrate to the cooler climate of the northern hemisphere.

Just an idea.



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth
 


I hope they are, otherwise this would have been pretty pointless. lol



posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solign
reply to post by AmmonSeth
 


I hope they are, otherwise this would have been pretty pointless. lol


Patience is the greatest virtue a man can posess





new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join