posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
The value of money is based simply on your faith that it is valuable.
Due to recent changes in our country, there is a growing number of people who are losing faith in the value of federal reserve notes.
This is the reason why the liberty dollar came into being, and was being used by thousands of people for their day-to-day exchanges. They had a
similar level of faith in this "money" that they had for federal reserve notes.
The only difference between a liberty dollar and a fed note is that the us court system will enforce payments using fed notes, but if you use liberty
dollars to buy and sell, you take your own risks.
The only things standing in the way of the liberty dollar was time. In time it would become the preferred method for small transactions, due to the
fact that it was backed by precious metals which hold their value, whereas the dollar is in the middle of a kamikazee plunge due to world events.
Now the federal government is going to try and convince people that they can't use this "money" to trade goods and services with. If the
government has the right to do this, then they also have the right to:
- Stop your grandma from hiring her 11 year old neighbor boy to mow her lawn, and paying him with an apple pie.
- Stop your uncle from accepting a vintage jukebox in exchange for some transmission work on his buddy's corvette.
- Stop you from trading a stack of comic books for a stack of old NES video games.
- Stop rare coin and stamp traders from ever buying anything using the proceeds of their sale.
- Stop all casinos from using chips as "money" while in the casino.
- Stop all putt putt golf and video arcades from issuing tokens for use in their video game machines.
Do you see why this is stupid? The government doesn't have a legal leg to stand on here, but they're going to try and bully the country into never
using anything but their corrupt, debt-driven money system.
We as Americans must fight this atrocity if we are ever to say that this country is OURS again.
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE ANY MEDIUM OF EXCHANGE YOU WISH.
Telling us otherwise is an outright lie, and a violation of our legal rights.