It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Calander NOT for this planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
having looked at the other mayan calander threads and the 2012 end of the world threads, i thought they where conneceted. i asked my freind about and she said that there is sum sort of planet or astorid that passes earth every single year and over the years it gets closer ans closer to earth. i belive the mayan calander is a record of this astorid or planet and concludes when it will it the earth.

thats what i heard anyway, what u think?

[edit on 2-11-2007 by asala]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeah, i just don't think so.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, right? It seems more rational to me that the mayans would base their calendar around moon phases (agriculture) rather than another cosmic body.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
we wont be hit with an asteroid. if that threat was ever really imminent, the USA would just send a million nukes at it and blow it out of existence before it hit us

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
ah the standard response to a threat then

[edit on 2-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
yes....and now you know why it is so horrible for the US to stand in Iran's way when it come to them developing their own anti-asteriod weapons!!

but seriously, I was under the impression that the mayan calender was more or less pretty accurate when it comes to the position of the sun, stars, and such.
if I am understanding the hypothesis of what is being said here.....it is based on the position of the sun and stars' position in conjuction of this asteriod instead.

if this was the case, wouldn't that adversely affect it's accuracy when it comes to our planet?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
hey i mean its possible, besides who too say it isnt?

of course its all speculative unless the mayans actually spelled out what they were referring to in their calander/s and of course unless they also spelled out what was actually going to happen in full detail on the date in question. they apparently didnt do either of these things, as far as i know.

[edit on 11/2/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deadangel23

Somehow i doubt they would deplete their entire nuclear reserve, that would leave them open to attack from others.

Of course, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if it turned out everyone used their nukes bar the americans, who only had to use two or three - and could then demand rulership of the world if they felt like it.

I Do really think this would be the case - we all sit around shouting at each other all day about whose nukes we'll use, until it turns out the asteroid is too close to use nukes.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Mayan Calendar - Tracks the evolution of consciousness.

The Mayan Calendar does NOT correspond to anything physical, (movements of stars, asteroid trajectories) nor does it track the precession of time. It is not a calendar in a conventional sense but a spiritual one.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Howdy Moegli

You might want to read the two threads that are fixed at the top of this forum, they contain the information you are seeking about the Mayan Calendars.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When was that astroid Apothis coming close?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, right? It seems more rational to me that the mayans would base their calendar around moon phases (agriculture) rather than another cosmic body.

In this instance, one must ask: " by which measure, do we grade 'simplicity'"

What seems "simple" to you, is only defined by that which YOU find easy, or simplistic to grasp.

Did you know, that they had a calender for the phases of the moon, but it went out of "sinc" by something like a 'day' every seven years; and so had to be readjusted.
THEN, around three hundred years later, some one came along and....didn't make a amendment, but just added the correction NEXT to the origional text, that could be use in CONJUNCTION with those calculations, that then made the prediction for MOON phases...ACCURATE to ONE DAY IN EVERY FOUR....**FOUR** MILLION YEARS.

Now to YOU that is NOT a very simple accomplishment. But to a culture who's STORIES/HISTORY/VALUES and PRESERVATION depend on being TOTALLY aware of the cylcles that shadow their existence, it was essential.

We are being amazed all the time these days, pushing back the dogma that "assumes" all that is possible.

Your always hearing on the news nowadays that.." scientist have found that blah blah is blah blah than they predicted". I ALWAYS laugh when i here that, its like we're supposed to be AMAZED that they some how got it wrong, and like the scientific media think we lap-up their every 'assumption'.

Basically, with the whole "2012" Mayan thing, you have to look at the WHOLE picture before it starts to "intrigue" you. And by the WHOLE picture; I mean looking at OTHER cultures and thier parallels.. PERTICULARLY the Sumerians and Hopi Tribe.

There is DEFFINATELY with OUT a doubt... something that WAS known and is now ONLY held in myth and religion.

But i'm sure will find out exactly what that is someday, Someday soon maybe

Peace

AoN

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
heres the best translation of the calendar i have found. i would like to think it is correct =]

www.2012.com.au...

guess we'll just have to wait and see, and we wont have to wait too long.

heres another link about it.
www.woyano.com...

the author of the above link has some very interesting topics.

Planetary-mathematical-coincidences
www.woyano.com...

& the main page with list of topics is here
www.woyano.com...

enjoy 8o]

[edit on 7-11-2007 by rapturas]

top topics

join