It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Theory takes a hit!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VaporTrail

Listen. At work, all those videos you posted are blocked by Websense, damn I hate that program. There are no ways for me to view them. Last night was the night before Halloween in my house and I was up with the kiddies getting their Halloween costumes ready and carving Jack'O Latenterns. I have priorities, and VaporTrail, you are very low on them. When I have time, I will eventually watch those videos, but seriously, what does posting posting videos of what you already believe in really prove. What you should do is watch some videos that you disagree with, or do not already know their content. Then take the time to debunk those videos. Personally, I don't buy any of the numbers, as you know numbers can be used in all sorts of ways and be manipulated by the person inerpretting them to best fit what ever theory they want. Most followers of the IPCC still hold dear to their hearts the whole hockey stick theory pushed by Algore himself. Most people who use logic knew and still know that theory is flawed. The IPCC themselves had to re-do their paper to exclude this data. That is my problem. ITS NOT SCIENCE. Its all theory. The story changes everyday to adapt to new information. We are taking 100 years of data and determining that after 5 billion years the Earth is doing something it has never done before. HOW EGOTISTICAL OF MANKIND TO CONSIDER OURSELVES SO DAMN SIGNIFICANT IN THE HISTORY OF THE EARTH!

I am sorry, logic outweighs the math on this, because the math is not static. the math changes because variables change. Sometimes variables are included, and then excluded the next time around because it gave someone an answer they did not like. If the SCIENTIFIC world (this does not include Algore) could come up with 1 SET equation, take into account all the variables, good and bad, extrapolate out anomolies and determine a fixed set of data that would be used going forward.......and then came out with PROOF of global warming, MAYBE, just MAYBE I might buy into the stuff. But as for me, no one has been able to disprove the CYCLES theory in my mind. Everyone screams that it is my job to disrpove Global Warming, but I am sorry. Its a theory, and it is the job of the BELIEVERS to prove they are correct. Once they have proved it, it would be up to me to debunk it. If the case was true and the burden of proof fell on the me, then the same would go to you. CAN YOU PROVE THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS NOTHING MORE THAN JUST CYCLES, A MULTITUDE OF CYCLES. SHORT CYCLES INTERWOVEN WITH LONG CYCLES. If I must disprove your theory, you must disprove my theory. Or is that not how it works? Does it only work that way for you? Can you find the science that unequivocally DISPROVES the Cycles theory? How about the fact that Vaolcanoes outstrip mans influence by 10-1? Can you disprove that?

Sorry but watching your silly litte movies is not high on my priority list. Anyone can make a film and call it fact, case in point...ALGORE!!!!!

Would rather spend time home with my kids at night, then trying to disprove little movies that manipulate data to suit their need.

Well, back to work.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Most of the ideas behind global warming seem to be pretty much garbage. Why? it seems that most scientists can't even agree in general on what the main outcome and effects will be! Will it get hot, will it get col, will we dry up or get flooded. ask 20 of these so called experts, and you're likely you get at least 8-9 different answers they all push as absolute truth.

I've seen "large poll where the data shows that the majority of climatologists believe in global warming, and that humans had some part in it. There are very few that discount it entirely, and mankind's role in it."

-- yeah, well, last poll i saw showed that a majority of people believes in a god, but I've yet to actually see this god they speak of. Oh wait, i have to be in the club, or I have to be patient, oh wait, i have to believe, pay dues and just accept s/hes there without any proof ever? notice this is some of the same scam as these global warming guys?

Unfortunately, I think most people are far too radical. the ecosystem gets trashed more every year, but few people ever really offer a VIABLE solution. I'm sorry mr and mrs tree hugging hippie environmentalist. I'm not riding a bike to work since we have snow up here, I'm not wiping my backside with that tree bark you call recycled TP, and I'm not going to unduly inconvenience myself, nor put myself into the poorhouse on some of this overly expensive kit you push so I make less of an impact, of which for me, you still have yet to prove.

Make it attractive to me on a personal level and I'll check it out. Make it cost effective in the long and short run and you might gain my interest. Don't push misery on me just to further your own agenda, and you'll notice I won't become as closed on the subject.

in short, don't treat me like the mindless consumer you claim the government has turned us all into and expect results. You're an amateur, and I don't have time for you.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Making something attractive is not a scientist's job. Evaluate something for yourself; don't be a sheep.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just want to start this off by saying; I WAS going to quit smoking until the AMAZING level of ignorance I had to bear with here;
This "topic' started off as a claim that the "theory" of Climate change must be false, due to a lack of storm activity this year, however that only highlights the fact that in a fractal weather system as dynamic as it is; the effects of unnatural change to OUR world cannot be exactly predicted, but no one needs a scientist to know that if we pump all this toxic waste into the systems that created & sustain life on this amazing planet, it will cause an imbalance, thus a change in climate. If you change the environment, you change the climate.... VERY simple.
- Now I'm going to clarify the many misconceptions stated in the 4 pages of this unnessesarily long thread;
1) - Al Gore's movie may have an agenda to push a carbon tax, but many people seem to forget that these bloodlines including Al Gore are still (half) human, and have reason to be deeply concerned with the pollution that is also affecting our health to SERIOUS degrees... - Tell me; why the sudden smoking ban, & continue to allow polluters who cause thousands of premature deaths due to emissions every year, per city...(Was on the News ONCE. Oh, and the fact that scientists have now concluded that OIL is TOXIC at parts per billion should raise more than one eyebrow..

2) disclosureproject.org... , seaspower.com... -will PROVE beyond a doubt that we didn't need to be subjecting our world, ourselves, & future generations with toxification 'cause technologies that would elliminate 80% of poverty & the need to spend 60 000$ in gas. -By reverse engineering UFOs.
-Tip: Spend more time on REAL conspiracies, not supposed "theories", & you shall see the truth that shall set you free.

3) I thought Alex Jones was great until he indicated his IQ seems to be not so far off the par with mud, himself, as he totally ruined a GREAT new documentary; ENDGAME by including his uneducated opinions about global Warming. - He always says "plants breath CO2, but what he is overlooking is the fact that even if it were just pure, natural CO2 vanalizing what used to be pure, clean air; that would still be a problem ,for it would be an imbalance. - But the simple fact is it is Carbon MONOXIDE, along with thousands of other toxins that make it not only difficult for plants to absorb CO2, it is toxifying our own bodies... (I just lit a cigarette, this is so deep; Stress currently greater than will to live, since despite this being ATS, most people still seem to have the slogan "Ignorance is Bliss" stuck in their heads). - Oh, and during this point in our Solar Systems development, the sun should have a long-term trend of cooling, over the next billions of years, and if the other planet's caps are melting, it's only a short-term solar flare/ magnetic effect that COULD be causing some climate change here, but making it worse by continuing to be slaves to the oil industry because people love to deny everything except their own opinions is SERIOUSLY dangerous to all life on this planet. - Natural climate change, (caused by sun, because due to ice-core samples, isotopes indicate it in fact has NEVER been this hot in 18000 years) could bring us close to a threshold of extinction, & pollution will guarantee it. - Nostradamus didn't predict GW, but anyone with a brain looking at the crap in the bible knows what the apocalypse is, unless it's refering to Niberu.

RE: Accusations of us rational, concerned people out there for being "tree huggers"; Unfortunately, there are none left, (trees) for not enough people woke up to the concequences of reptilian-driven capitalism ... And for the Bush admin. to be silencing scientist's, etc. Wake up, & smell the carbon Monoxide!
RE: It is NOT caused by man; (Does an exhaust pipe look like a man 2U)?
- We are to blame for simply not realizing this.
I'm astounded that there are STILL people debating climate change!?(Lots o kids here?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Someone thoughtlessly spewed out; ""Don't push misery on me just to further your own agenda, and you'll notice I won't become as closed on the subject.
"
- When you realize the true seriousness of this (if miraculously people do so before it's too late, ) you'll see that it's all of our agenda; For it's in all of our best interest. - Since they killed the electric car, & make electric bikes so slow with microchips & all, I ride my bike ALL YEAR here in Canada, & well, there was no snow on Xmas last year (wonder why) , but last windter had it's snowstorms, & while people are looking at me like I'M crazy, I'm glaring at them for being crazy to keep on being slaves to the oil industry, & forcing me to hold my breath, while Im using my OWN energy, like a real man; a REAL human being... Shortly, many women will not be attractive to planet rapers, (combustion engine drivers) & will frown down upon anyone who is altering our children's world. - Many people are now buying NEW WORLD VIEWS, - Because they are much less expensive than a new car. - And if they are not releasing proper technology, why are people such sheep, & not boycotting??? - When global warming (really should be called climate change) is significantly obvious, it'll be too late to do anything about it, and you'll see that the inconvieniences GREATLY will overpower any inconviniences assumed with not living your "big American (nightmare)"

- So, to the person who wasted their time starting this topic in the first place; There are TRUE conspiracies (like the denial of clean technology, Reptilians, NWO, )etc, and there are assumed theories. - Don't listen to the governmental environmentalists, listen to the thousands of independent ones, your common sense, & your heart.

Thank you,
Dudeman

- Dude, I just had to respond to this, even if I really don't have time, for I need to put content on my site; criticalunity.org... .

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

You have not disproven anything, you may use your logic, but just because you use a certain part of a method of analysis does not make what you determine fact. Nor does it put your ideas on some fictional side of a "prove-debunk" line of responsibility. There's no "burden of proof" here in the world of discussion. Theres accusations carry with them no direct sentence to any member of this site should they believe any side of any story.

Of course this is a cycle to some degree, in the Jurassic period there was no ice at the poles, no oxygen in the oceans, and global temperatures were much much higher than they are today. The difference here is that the carbon in the air at that time was the result of volcanic action, not human emmitions. It doesn't even take a scientist to see that pulling carbon out of the ground and putting it into the atmosphere (through combustion) is affecting the world. It takes someone who payed attention in 10th grade science. OK. that's the point I want to make. If you're out there trying to tell people that their consumptive lifestyle isn't affecting anything, you have a problem. Either delusional or self imposed. You may as well be telling us that the earth is flat and if we don't sacrifice to the gods we'll have a bad crop.

I understand everyone is busy and can't just watch hours of media the second someone posts it. Understand this though, Until you do review those videos you are in no position to say what they prove, say, articulate. OK. Trying to convince this board that I'm posting that which only supports my claims without knowing what I post is absolutely ridiculous. This you cannot deny, and you don't, you just change the subject and attempt to smear my image. Shameful.

To everyone else who isn't opposed to seeing something they haven't before they comment on it, how about it? Has anyone watched the fifth estate episode yet? I'll post it again..

the Fifth Estate - Denial Machine

If you're not familiar with the Fifth Estate It's probably the last home for non "sexed-up" news in north America, and indeed will be gone very soon with the ever creeping collapse of the CBC.

Trader, Roman-warrior-guy. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble opposing my views without needing to demean my understanding, but until you review my claims that former tobacco lobbyists are behind the debate by watching the episode, save your slander. It makes you look really really sad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join