It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Theory takes a hit!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Lowest Hurricane activity since 1977

www.coaps.fsu.edu

Unless a dramatic and perhaps historical flurry of activity occurs in the next 9 weeks, 2007 will rank as a historically inactive TC year for the Northern Hemisphere as a whole. During the past 30 years, only 1977, 1981, and 1983 have had less activity to date (January-TODAY, Accumulated Cyclone Energy).
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-10-2007 by traderonwallst]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Further proof that Global Warming is nothing more than theory. It is being slammed down our throats by people who are unqualified to make such statements. Algore should be forced to apologize to the American people, and to the rest of the world for that matter, for accepting a Nobel Prize he does not deserve. CYCLES, VOLCANOES, SOLAR RADIATION, SUN FLARES & SUN SPOTS, AND COWS FARTING ALL PLAY A BIGGER ROLE IN THE SO-CALLED GLOBAL WARMING THEORY THAN MAN DOES.

What happened to all those MEGA hurricanes that were supposed to threaten the Coast of America this year? Oh yeah, Bush has been to busy defeating terrorism and had no time to change the weather patterns this year.

Have a good day people!

www.coaps.fsu.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
[Skunkworks on]

I wonder if this could've had anything to do with that?

[Skunkworks /off]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

[...]COWS FARTING ALL PLAY A BIGGER ROLE IN THE SO-CALLED GLOBAL WARMING THEORY THAN MAN DOES.

And who controls the majority of the bovine population? It's not free roaming cows that produce the most, it's the ones that are in farms. We cut trees down to make grazing land for cows.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What is wrong is that Al Gores opinions are not allowed to be challenged in the media. They are just accepted as fact because they are said by Al Gore.

Im sick of lies being spread using credibility as a weapon. Perhaps Al Gore believes these things, fine. But when there is no debate, and scientists with contradictory opinions arent allowed to come to light, you have something called conditioning going on. The truth becomes The Truth™.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

However if no one had credibility we wouldn't listen to anyone at all, would we?

It seems to me that those whom believe that they have facts and/or evidence that contradicts Al Gore, should find someone willing to speak for them as opposed to trying to speak for themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Well, believing someone based on credibility instead of what he says is a bad idea. We may not have the knowledge to understand what someone says and therefore we assume they probably know what they are talking about, but the problem with that is that whatever they say becomes accepted as the truth when nobody contradicts it.

Try arguing that 9/11 was a inside job on Fox News and you wont even be listened to. They think they know the truth, because they have accepted the official story purely based on credibility. In their mind, the government is the most credible source there is. Because they dont know.

Anyway, about the global warming theory and trying to argue that its wrong, this is what happens in the real world: bye bye Mr Funding, say hello to Mr Fear.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but part of the global warming is the erratical weather that we are having.

I can testify that here in the south the unusual warm weather is not bringing water but drought, the interruption of the weather patterns are all part of the Clime change.

We just started to have some cooler temperatures in the south and October is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I don't know for sure but the La Nina and El Nino have much more effect on precipatation than what the current Manmade global warming theories project. They are detecting the start of a La Nina, that will probably mean warmer than average Winter temps and drier than normal weather in at least the U.S. South West. I would tend to think that would mean the South East would be drier than normal as well but haven't seen forcasts of that, just milder, warmer winter this year, not as warm as last year however. Take that for what's it's worth.

If anything this thread should still tell you that we still don't have an accurate grasp of forcasting the weather in long term trends. That alone should make any Global warming or Global cooling theories suspect to say the least. When you can't accurately predict what the weather trend is going to be 6-8 months out, how can you do it for decades ahead? That's what troubles me the most. We still do not have accurate models that we can use for longer time frames. Ben Franklin's Farmers Almanac is about as good at forcasting the weather for the next year as many of our models. There's a reason you can't bet on the weather in Vegas (Can you?), the bookies don't have an edge (forcasting models) to work with.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 29-10-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Correct me if I am wrong but part of the global warming is the erratical weather that we are having.

I can testify that here in the south the unusual warm weather is not bringing water but drought, the interruption of the weather patterns are all part of the Clime change.

We just started to have some cooler temperatures in the south and October is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew this was coming. If we have an overactive hurricane season, it's because of global warming. If we have a mild hurricane season, it's global warming. If it's hotter than normal, it's global warming. If it's cooler than normal, it's global warming. See the pattern?? Anything that could possibly happen affirms global warming to these people.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Beef. Its whats for dinner!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMM

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

People speak against Algore all the time. Why do you not hear it? OH WAIT, the media disagrees, therefor, the media ignores the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Consider yourself corrected.

Oh come on....please.....get serious!

This has "never" happened before? Sorry, saying somthing never happened in your life time, as compared to the hisory of this wonderful planet is almost as bunk as the science used to defend global warming.

Nice try, but try again!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But marg, what you just said shows one of the main problems with this whole "global warming is caused by mankind" argument. There is so much anecdotal "evidence" (it sure seems warmer where I live) being thrown around that doesn't prove global warming and surely doesn't prove mankind is responsible, but it is still being accepted as gospel.

[edit on 10/29/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This actually has no bearing whatsoever on global warming theory - just on the ways certain catastrophists have chosen to interpret it

We could have 10 really cold years and GW theory would still be correct - because GW is all about long term, underlying, trends. But the media and the catastrophists don't tell you that (nor do the deniers) and thus the public are misinformed

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe in Clime changes that takes over time, no just years in the making but thousands of years.

No I am not a pro global warming follower I believe that our planet weather is changing but has nothing to do with the man made theory, yes we are getting warmer and this is going to bring a lot of changes to our world environment.

The only thing I can find humans to be at fault is with our planets resources as the populations keep growing.

But be assure that we are heading for a big global change and as we survived the last one humans will survive this one.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

We could have 10 really cold years and GW theory would still be correct - because GW is all about long term, underlying, trends. But the media and the catastrophists don't tell you that (nor do the deniers) and thus the public are misinformed

WOW, you almost got it. Long term trends is right on the money. But you forgot, the trends golike this. Heating, cooling, heating, cooling, heating, cooling. And then there are larger trends, where we go through 5 periods of each, then we enter a MUCH cooler period, followed by 5 periods of normal heating and cooling, followed by MUCH warmer period of heating and so on and so forth. CYCLES, baby! They are everywhere.

You can believe what you want, but don't just report one side of a trend. A trend is only a trend if there are 2 sides, other wise its the norm.

DAM

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

People speak against Algore all the time. Why do you not hear it? OH WAIT, the media disagrees, therefor, the media ignores the truth.

Uhm, because i don't listen to the media?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Not only does it tend to discredit any link between "global warming" and increased hurricane activity, it also seems to discredit the position taken by most mainstream meteorologists that we are now in a cyclical period of high tropical cyclone activity in the North Atlantic basin.

Last year's relatively quiet season was explained by an El Niño, but this year the opposite La Niña was supposed to make an even more active season. It appears all of these things have proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I wish is explain why the south is so dry, this ones has been completely forgotten.

Because we here in the south are no supposed to be dry at all.

The Global Warming theory is a theory that will have an attractive pull to anybody that wants to fight for the planet it gives green activist groups a purpose.

While I believe that we need to take care of our planet because is the only one we have, This Global Warming theory is after money, funding, donations and a very profitable way to cash out of the scare of the population.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join