It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On October 27th: 11 massive demonstrations for peace throughout the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

On October 27th: 11 massive demonstrations for peace throughout the United States

www.alternet.org

On Saturday, October 27th there will be 11 massive demonstrations for peace throughout the United States. In Boston, Chicago, Jonesborough, Tennessee, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, people from all walks of life will join together to express their anti-war sentiments and to call for an immediate end to the conflict in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I originally posted this in the War on Terror channel but I think its probably better here. If you want to fight your apathy over this war and the decisions being made by the government to continue having endless wars, I think you should show up and do what you can do to help spread the message. This will be in the media for sure.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." - President John F. Kennedy, 1961

So who here plans to take part? And please FLAG this to spread the message! Less than two days to go.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
thanks for posting this. i had no idea this was going on.
i will be attending my citys march.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Just bumping this to get more attention... only one day to go now. Please attend one of these demonstrations if you feel you want to do what you can to make your voice heard.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There is not one near me
. I hope that every one that can march for peace will! Let the government know that we are SICK of all the BLOOD on our hands! STAND UP before its too late!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wait, isn't protesting / demonstrating illegal, anyway? Let's see how much police can arrest and taser those who are doing this part. This will be interesting for sure.

Thanks for the news, Copernicus.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I don't like the feeling I'm getting. 27 isn't the luckiest number...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Please explain... what do you mean? In numerology? Astrology? Please provide some source.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
and eleven...... whoever set up these demonstrations knew a little but about the importance of numbers.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
maybe I'll attend the one in Chicago and see...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
well... 27 throughout history has been a favorite number of death. Especially in music history... Kurt Cobain, Tupac, Morrison, Janis, Jimi.... and it's a lot older than that. Marlboro death sticks have a line of cigarettes called No. 27s. Just a bit of a conspiratorial mind flowing.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"an immediate end to the conflict in Iraq."

If you really want this to happen, why don't you go overseas and help with the fight? Or even take up a support job with the DOD?

You don't have to directly get involved in the combat to help those who are. Doing a job like this will help end the War in Iraq quicker than any protest or complaining.

As for "blood on our hands", you really must be kidding. So many people seem to have lived a sheltered life, they seem to have forgotten the realities of the world. The reality is that this world is a tough place, and if you don't stand up sooner or later against those who wish you dead, you will be killed. You don't even have to go overseas to learn this lesson, because many Americans who live in the inner-cities already know and understand this reality. The people who act like life is all peachy and full of roses are the first ones to bite the dust. You can wish for peace all you want, but until you do something about it other than running around with a picket sign, you really aren't doing much. Pray for Peace, but don't be naive.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
So who here plans to take part? And please FLAG this to spread the message! Less than two days to go.

Isn't something like this against the site's Terms and Conditions?

1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, U2U, messaging programs, etc.). Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

If not, it's awfully close.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Good to see more protests will be taking place.
However,the weekend is only good for getting a bigger crowd.
If this sort of protests to place on a working day the powers that be would be more likely to take notice I think,as it puts the economy under pressure.

A weekend protest may look good,but is unlikely to rattle the establishment.

A mid week protest targeting financial areas would cause more change in the long run I think-although the tasers and CS gas may be deployed more.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wonder if this huge event will reach the UK news? Probably not. I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Isn't something like this against the site's Terms and Conditions?

1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, U2U, messaging programs, etc.). Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

If not, it's awfully close.

No, this is a breaking news item about a demonstration. It would be completely ridiculous to ban me for wanting to bring attention to it in my opinion. I cant believe you are dragging the rule book out in order to try and stop awareness about something this important...

Im not trying to sell anything or ask people to add their names to a petition here. Im simply telling them about the demonstration taking place and ask them to flag it to spread the message. Do you think the mainstream media will? No.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I am going to the San Fransicko one with my Ron Paul meetup group... a good place to get people to listen to his message...

There are also some cities with smaller ones too. I think Sacramento has one too.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I'm just saying this reads more like an ad than a news story. The events haven't taken place yet, so how can they be described as "massive"?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Even though I am unable to join you in your march, I wish you all nothing but the best. May your march bring the attention of the entire world to your cause and may the march itself be peaceful and without injury to anyone!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm just saying this reads more like an ad than a news story. The events haven't taken place yet, so how can they be described as "massive"?

The term "massive" is from the external source. Take it up with them?

I dont see how talking about a planned future event can be seen as a advertisement, specially since nothing is being sold. Many breaking news stories are about events that are about to happen, even though some of them are about events that have happened already.

For example: Putin plans trip to Iran, Iranian president plans to go to the US.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join