It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon Tough Guy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

Originally posted by lombozo
He steps forward and gives me a bearhug.
Holy Moly - this guy is freakin' strong!
He gives me a kiss on the cheek. Holy S-! This guy is crushing me.

it is so true, that term "retarded strong" retarded people are frekishly strong.

With all due respect, in most cases that isn't true. Low muscle tone often accompanies mental retardation.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hi lombozo, congrats on keeping your cool. There's quite a few a-holes in the philly area, you should know that. But i wouldn't have been able to do that either. I live in the philly area to, wish i could move, lol
>.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I had a similar thing happen last summer but with teenagers harrassing and old couple with their grandchildren at the park...My children are playing and the teenagers make a comment that I over hear that they are gonig to hurt someone before they leave. That had the old adrenal glands pumping already...they load up this merry go round with little kids and spin it until they are screaming...they grandpa asks them to stop because the kids are starting to cry and they tell him to p!ss off and continue to push and I see a little kid fly off of it and I snapped.
I just pictured it being my child and my Grandpa...I didnt have your restraint and it did get physical. I didn't hit them(close handed) but did smack them around and the ring leader said he was going to go get his father and I told him to do so. Well minutes later dad shows up all mad and the story came out...the boy got smacked again. The old people thanked me profusely.

I applaud you for you actions

Remember bro,
Rangers Lead the Way!

"...I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and then some"

class of 3-89

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

"Leave no man behind."

Good for you my brother for doing the right thing.

Wear the green beret proudly.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Wow man! Congrats for keeping your composure.

You probably saved those three from getting killed. The mentally challenged sometimes without really meaning to can if provoked become extremely violent. And because of their disability won't know when to stop.

I again congratulate you on doing the right thing and avoiding a fistfight and thus proving that you are the intellectual superior to those miscreants.

:up

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Good job, I hate when stuff like that happens.

would have even been better if you didn't tell everybody about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

You did a good thing and telling everybody about it doesn't make it any less, it helps to get the excitement out of your system.

I did a similar thing about 5/6 years ago. A group of army cadets were picking on a young kid on a bike. I stood-up for him and guarded him away from them until he winged at me to leave him alone (nerves I expect). By this time other people had stopped to watch (not help!). I walked over to one of them whom was watching (another man) and explained the situation. The cadets attacked the kid again. This time two of us went over to stop them. This time the cadets dispersed. When the young lad biked off he turned round and called me and the other guy who'd helped him W**k**s. So much for gratitude - we both wished we'd just let them carry on picking on the mardy git.

I'd help someone again if needed but I know that doing so now (in modern day Britain) I'd more than likely be knifed, shot, coshed or simply kicked-in. Well done.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Dood your starting to sound like a candidate for canonization.

And I am honestly meaning that as one of the better compliments I can give.

You are what people should strive to be. In my opinion.

Ye gods that sounded toadyish.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Way to go! There are a lot of little punks that get their jollies on picking on the weak and not enough men willing to stand up to them.

When I read your post, something immediately came to mind:

Heb 13:

1 Let love of the brethren continue.
2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow very touching story. I cant believe there are ppl still this closed minded enough to pick on your special friend. you did a great job keeping your cool thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We need more people like this in the world. Time and again I hear always stories about people getting harassed or beaten up in public and no one has a set to help one another. It’s good to hear that there is some chivalry in the world still and that there are some that are willing to help those who cannot help themselves.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is just one more example of the reason that they are called Generation Why.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think you did the right thing. You are one of the few people who don't do what the majority would have done. They would let somebody be beaten to death in the middle of the street, and not get involved, thinking that such issues don't affect their survivals.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good for you. Something like this actually happened to me last night whilst I was waiting for my bus home; a homeless guy (very intoxicated) started harassing 3 oriental guys at the bus stop, there was a big queue as well. I don't think they spoke much English and he got bored and left them alone pretty quick, then started to harass an old man stood a few metres away, I gave this about 30 seconds - the time it took to guess no one else was going to do anything, then went and started talking to the guy, calmy, I offered him some cigarettes to go away and leave everyone alone - it then got pretty weird, the bloke started making some pretty-heavy sexual suggestions to me - I'm fairly average build, looking pretty smart after work (heavily tattooed, but most covered), I guess I look like a normal office guy. My temper starts to rise, I look round and everyone is ignoring this... I didn't flip, but I got really angry and started talk very aggressively at this bloke - I got my pen out my back and mentioned it made a good piercing instrument. The guy maybe saw something in my eyes and walked off muttering. No one else said anything, I got on the bus and the old guy gave me a sad smile. There were like 15 people waiting for a bus and no one else did a thing, now maybe (I hope) they feel ashamed and might do next time.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I guess that I am empathetic or just don't like to see someone treated unjustly. I had an experience that that wasn't in the least bit threatening, but terribly annoying. I was in a pizza buffet restaurant with my wife ,her daughter and grand daughter sitting near an older woman with what appeared to be her grandchildren. She was constantly screaming and cursing at these kids and creating a scene that was disruptive and annoying to me to the extent that we could not converse. The kids were terribly embarrassed and humiliated. The anger and contempt for her behavior peaked out not long after some police officers had sat down to eat nearby. I finally turned sideways in the booth to face her and quite loudly and with assertion said. " Woman, would you please stop screaming at those children and let us enjoy our meal." You could have heard a pin drop. Then at the far end off in the corner there was clapping that became applause through out the whole place. Even the cops were grinning and clapping. The oldest kid that was the one who was suffering the bulk of her wrath had the biggest smile of all. She shamefully said she was sorry and walked outside while the kids happily continued eating.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Good one Hero! I applaud you. I had a younger guy, maybe 21, up in my face recently inviting me to, "Step up!" I wanted to oh so badly but I kept saying to myself that if he wanted me to step up, all he had to do was hit me and I would have stepped up in his _ _ s! But like you I almost lost control. He was drinking pretty heavily and I took that into consideration. He'll do it again to someone else that doesn't have so much self control and end up getting hurt. Again good job!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
if i was any of those three teens i would have hit you the very moment you stepped up to my face.you know,i freakin hate people that are always trying to be heros like the kid said ho do you think you are superman.seriously man,if i had a gun i would have taken you out.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by flaco
if i was any of those three teens i would have hit you the very moment you stepped up to my face.

How nice. Support for those who would insult, tease, make fun of, or otherwise attempt to injure one who is obviously impaired... mentally or physically. Now That's heroic. :shk:

Makes me wonder just who the impaired one's are/were...

you know,i freakin hate people that are always trying to be heros like the kid said ho do you think you are superman.

I highly doubt that any fictitious "superhero" identity even crossed his mind. Most likely it was simply the fact that a bunch of hooligan thugs were having their ill-begotten "fun and games" way with someone who wasn't able to properly defend nor stand up for themself... yeah, that Might just be the case. hoolligan thugs having what they consider fun and games... pathetic.

seriously man,if i had a gun i would have taken you out.

see above, after the "..."

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join