It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon Tough Guy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Tonight I had an experience which I have trouble putting into words. It takes ALOT for me to lose my cool. Tonight I came VERY close.

I was driving to the store to pick up a thing or two. I was stopped at a red light when an obviously 'special' person was crossing the road on a red light. He was smiling broadly, walking in the gait that those who are 'special' often do.

Anyway as I said, he was crossing on a red light. He was walking slowly and was stopping a car from moving forward. Well 3 young men got out of the car and started to harass this man. He was obviously flustered and scared.

OK, my mind went into auto pilot.

Place car in park. Go and make nice nice.

So I get out, and by this point the poor guy was almost in tears. I walk up and ask what is going on.

"This F'n retard is too stupid to be on the street."

"Yeah. He's blocking traffic." Points and yells "RETARD!"

I get between him and the guys.

"Allright guys, leave him alone. The roads clear. Go do your thing."

"F- You."

"Yeah F- you - who the F- do you think you are? Superman?"

The poor man behind me was crying. He was squeezing my arm. Uh-oh, I'm starting to see red.

"Excuse me, I asked that you move on. I'm not asking you. I'm TELLING you. LEAVE."

"F- you a-hole.

"Yeah c'mon tough guy hit me I dare you. I'm only 17. I'll sue you."

This punk was in my face. Oh, if he only knew.

"I don't want to fight you. Just leave him alone."

I could feel and smell the fear from my special friend. He was a mess.

"Don't want to fight me huh? Your a (alternate name for a cat.)"

He pushed me. Oh not good. I have 3 punks in my face, and someone with a deathgrip on me standing behind me.

"C'mon tough guy. What are you scared? (Alternate name for a cat.)"

"Hey retard. Is this your boyfriend?"

"C'mon (alternate name for a cat), hit me I dare you."

I feel the rush of adrenalin. I am fighting every instinct that has been instilled in me.

'lombozo these are punk kids. don't do it. They are kids. Don't do it.'

Trust me - it wouldn't even be a real fight. I'm thinking to myself. Self? Do these pieces of garbage know what they're getting into?

'Don't do it lombozo. Don't do it.........'

"I'm scared mister" he sobbed.

Oh no, I'm starting to see black.

'DON'T DO IT LOMBOZO. FIGHT THE URGE.'

I'm as tense as a spring. My fists are clenched.

"Allright I'll tell you what. I'll give you a free shot. C'mon it's 3 to 1. Take a free shot."

"Yeah? You gonna give me a free shot (alternate name for a cat)?"

"Yes. Then it's my turn."

"F- you."

'C'mon lombozo, control yourself....'

"C'mon, a free shot. I dare you."

The kid in the back said.

"C'mon, let's leave this (alternate name for a cat) and his retard boyfriend so they can f- one another."

"Yeah - this mother f'r is f'n crazy"

"Later (alternate name for a cat)"

So they get in their car and leave screaming obscenities as they peel away.

My adrenaline is pumping so strong that I am ready to burst.

"Hey. you allright It's allright. They're gone."

"I'm ok Mister. Thanks Mister..

He reaches into his pocket.

"Here Mister."

He hands out a half eaten Twinkie wrapped in a napkin.

"It's OK buddy. You keep it. Thank you though.'

He steps forward and gives me a bearhug.

Holy Moly - this guy is freakin' strong!

He gives me a kiss on the cheek. Holy S-! This guy is crushing me.

"Thank you Mister"

He turns and walks away. Just like that. He was singing the Oscar Myer Weiner song as he walked away.

I wish I were an Oscar Myer Weiner
That is what I'd really like to be.......

Uh-Oh, There are several cars backed up behind my parked car.
Oh well, at lease I made one friend tonight.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Another touching story. If I would have seen you, I would have had your back all the way. I doubt I would have been able to keep my cool though.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Dude, that is one of the best things I have read in a long time! Man not only did you keep your cool under pressure, but you went out of your way for a stranger! You became that guys Hero! Karma is going to be on your side my friend! Brovo!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
oh fantastic you helped him.

but you have more self control than I. I get angry and thats it.

I actually due to one incident have a baseball bat in the back of my car and I would have given it to them, stuff the consequences.

I punched this guy in the face once cos I was sitting on the bus and he would not stop harrassing me. I started saying, stop it, don't do that please, and then I was getting angrier and angrier and then I just snapped. I gave him a blood nose. Then he started to fight with me. Well, lmao I am only small. Anyway, the bus stopped and the driver came and told him to get off the bus. Phew... but glad I got one in and he must have felt so embarressed getting a blood nose from a woman. He was a freak!!

Another time, I was out with my friends at the pub and this bitch is there all night with her kids. They were little. It must have been nearly midnight and my friends could see I was getting so annoyed cos I was like, if the skank doesnt take her kids out of here and I am gonna lose it. Anyway, she was yelling obscenities at her kids cos they were crying and wanted to go home. I just lost my temper and walked up, grabbed her by the throat and said take your children home now. I was so mad. I had no control over it. My friends were just like OMG. lol

Some people need a hiding. Then they learn. I hate it when people pick on vulnerable people.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING Lombo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However having come to know you, I am not surprised...

You are truly a man of singular courage and honor, only possibly equaled by your restraint.....

I am a better man for knowing you my friend....

We have an award here that is given to citizens that display such courage and empathy in the face of danger and I wish you lived here so that I could bestow that recognition on you; it is well deserved...

Thank you for being my friend and a part of this board ...

Semperfortis

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

wow
you just took it all with your fists firmly clinched and away from one of their faces,

talk about self control

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Lombozo, you're a very nice and rational person. You are a man. You may have saved that special person from a much worse fate if you hadnt stepped in and taken the flack for him.
Thank you for being a nice person and a strong one. You handled it beautifully and you kept your cool inspite of all the derogatory remarks.

You will be rewarded. Thank you for being you.

And Semperfortis is just as nice. I love good hearted people!!!

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That really got my adrenaline going, it took me 5 minutes to calm down and to stop grinding my teeth before I could type, so god knows how you managed it, well done!! I admire your bravery, courage and self control.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is why I call you a friend buddy.A big guy like you could've crushed those little punks.You used your brain.A lot of people act first and think later.
Had it been me, I got a violent streak, they would've been on their knees holding their groin.I got special boots for that.
You my friend get a star and flag.
Lombozo, they broke the mold when they made you.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey everybody. I'm just now calming down to be frank. It scares me to think how close I came to doing something stupid. The whole thing lasted just a minute ot two. One more minute and who knows?

Semp.... No I thank you for being my friend. I did one time what you do on a daily basis. I couldn't do what you do. That's a compliment and I hope you take it as one.

Bod, DJ, AD, Kuro, Thur, Tet, ST - Thank you for being there for me.

God I love ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hey everybody. I'm just now calming down to be frank. It scares me to think how close I came to doing something stupid. The whole thing lasted just a minute ot two. One more minute and who knows?

Isn't it funny how when you look back, you realize the whole thing happened really quickly, but while it was happening it seems in slow motion. If you're like me, that anger starts to build and in your mind is that plan of attack. It's been a long time for me, but just reading your post I can feel it, and oh boy, when it started, it was never good, for anybody.

Sounds like you handled it perfectly to me. Those idiots that have no respect for anything, including themselves, I'm sure spent the next several hours telling each other how tough they were, but inside they all know they avoided a serious ass kicking. Maybe, just maybe, you taught them something.

Now take your son fishing as soon as you're able. Like I said in your other thread, it's good for the soul.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Lombozo,

I'm very proud of you.

To think you were this > < close chief, to knocking their blocks off.

They wern't worth the powder to blow to hell. I'm glad you knew it.

You stood your ground, and those weasily punks backed off.

I'd hate to think what would have happened if you didn't step in on behalf of the person you were looking out for?

You're a good soul Lombozo.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What a story to wake up to! You're a special person, lombozo. Those morons were trying to prove their manhood by picking on someone weak and you came along like some kind of avenging superhero. Not only that, you didn't have to do anything but stand your ground!

But how hard that kind of thing is to do. You've got exceptional control and I'm really impressed with what you did.

People like you are limited editions -- there just aren't that many people in the world who'd go to the trouble. They'd rather drive on by and let that poor disabled person suffer, and try to shut it out of their minds later by distracting themselves with their comfort cocoon.

If I ever need a bodyguard, I know who to call. Flag and star from me, too.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

wow, if that were me all three would be in the operating room removing eachothers heads from there anus, nice self control.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wow Lombozo!! Your a hero!! And you saved that man's life. Every good deed will be rewarded. You are Superman of ATS!!. Flagged and starred.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Oh, now there is an idea..with nasty visuals there...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Trust me, I'm no hero, and I'm no tough guy. I'm just someone who really does give a damn that's all.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Trust me, I'm no hero, and I'm no tough guy. I'm just someone who really does give a damn that's all.

A true hero is one who denies that he/she is a hero. You did much more than most people would have done to save the guy. My thoughts at the beginning of your story were "okay, three punks getting out of a car late at night. Are they drunk, doped up, or just plain stupid. Do they all have blades and maybe one gun..." I'm not sure I could have done what you did except to know that I am here for only so long anyway so I might as well make myself useful.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A true Gent!

What more can I say.

MonKey

Hold the phone... I know...

You must have hairy boys the size of pumpkins.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Now if that doesn't boost his ego..nothing will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join