learn more

C'mon Tough Guy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

No, lombozo not everybody would have taken action. Most would have turned away. Thank God for people like you who will take action. Your courage and restraint are an awesome example for all of us. I'm with Semper you deserve public recognition for your heroism. Im also with the rest and star and flag for you wish I could do more.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hi bud,

Nice post, you helped someone in need.

You did well supressing your insticts and I commend it. May be a good idea to get some Ju-Jitsu or other martial art classes, i.e Karate, Wing-Chun, Tae Kwon Do etc. I mention this so you can deal with the worst that can happen in the future.

Be prepared

Used to be a Boy Scout

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Lombozo, very nice indeed, man

You ARE a hero and should be rewarded for doing such a thing. You had no idea who these people were or what they'd do, but your instincts kicked in and you did the right thing anyway, despite the risks.

For all we know, these *SNIP* could have killed the poor guy. Had you not been there, they may have gotten away with it. But thanks to you, he's still alive, and their pathetic egos took a hit.

Great story and great job

[edit on 26-10-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Do what's right. And share it with us all.

We should have a section for these types of stories so that they don't get buried in other threads of a different topic.

It really is inspiring hearing stories like this and makes you want to go out and do something good. So being able to easily access these things could prove to be a very good thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow, lombozo. You are a real-life equivalent of SuperMan.

The poor kid, he must've been absolutely petrified. If I had even gathered the courage to protect him, I would've definitely failed that second test of self-restraint. With a bunch of immature teenagers surrounding me, I'd react like a cornered animal, for sure. It was wise that you didn't fight because then your well-being would be in danger and the boy's well-being would be once again. You made the absolute best choices a human being could make and I admire you so much for that.

You're my role model!

*starred and flagged*

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That is awesome and very rare. I do not think I have seen anyone stop for someone being harassed. I wish I was there to see that. People just do not seem to care about other people these days. Awesome is all I can say.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by paigcal

You would have done the same thing. My new Buddy was severely handicapped. He looked mongoloid. He was wailing in terror, while the 3 guys laughed as they were pushing him.
It not heroism, it's called being human.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Not everyone is cut from the same cloth as you, my freind. All too many would simply have averted their eyes and done nothing, not through any malicious intent, but simply through fear. Fear of getting hurt, fear of getting involved. I would have, but I'm 6'4" and weigh in the neighborhood of 280 lbs, I've been around the block a time or three, three little punks of that sort hold no terror for me. Your a big guy too, and seem to have been there, done that. Not always the case with most folks. Doesn't change what you, yourself, did; one jot or tittle.

punks

punks in the blue, lombozo in the red with the chair. j/k

[edit on 26-10-2007 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by lombozo

I would have, but I'm 6'4" and weigh in the neighborhood of 280 lbs, I've been around the block a time or three, three little punks of that sort hold no terror for me. Your a big guy too, and seem to have been there, done that.
[edit on 26-10-2007 by seagull]

Actually I'm kinda weird in that I'll be the very first to fight for a just cause, yet I want nothing more than peace.
Been there, done that? Let's just say that this face of mine has stopped more than one punch.......

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Let's just say that this face of mine has stopped more than one punch.......

So that's what happened....

hmmmmmm

I've been wondering....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Lombo, could not resist after you set it all up for me...

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Mine, too. Some of the lessons I've learned in the process are amusing...the most important of those being: Never, ever, hit a Somoan in the head, it hurts your hand, and might make him angry...an angry Somoan is a terrifying thing, especially when said Samoan is angry at you.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

In this day and age, showing your humanity as you had IS being a Hero.
I think many people hear at ATS would have acted as you did (at least stepping in to do something) but overall, the average citizen would have done nothing.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Let's just say that this face of mine has stopped more than one punch.......

So that's what happened....

Semper

If you answered any other way I would be disappointed in you!
Nice one!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lombozo, Semper and Seagull; whether you three gentlemen care to admit it or not all of you have stood up for the weak and innocent are are therefore worthy of hero status in my book. I've known Seagull his entire life and can and do attest to the fact that he has stood up for what is right.

So, all three of you just accept the deserved accolades in my book heros all.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The real heroes are always the modest ones.

I think it's charming. And cute. And lots of other girly adjectives that will make them blush and squirm.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

And wouldn't it be fun to watch those tough guys blush and squirm?

Yes the mental picture is giving me a giggle right now. Oh yes one of the girly adjective has to be sweet. As in how sweet they are.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thank you very much, lombozo. I truly can, and do, appreciate your actions. My son (now 15) has Rubenstein Taybi Syndrome and I truly pray that there are more like you on this Earth. We (you and I) are actually alot alike in that it takes quite a bit to "flip our switch".....and that can be a very scary thing to live with. My biggest fear is to see someone mistreat my son in any way....I absolutely know the outcome won't be good. I've done very well keeping my cool, overall. The one time that I "lost it" was in highschool (am now 43). A guy sucker punched my brother (who wore braces at the time) and actually put a hole in his cheek. I did OK, overall, until the next day at school. We had it out at the end of lunch (cafeteria empty except for teachers and the principal). End result, scars on my left forearm from blocking chairs that he through at me (he was 6" taller), all of the teeth on the left side of his face loose, police intervention (principal called them....the dude was going nuts in the principals office....might have had something to do with me flipping him off every time the principal turned around), and the dude never coming back to school (moved in with his dad, another school district). As I've gotten older, I realize that things could quickly escalate to the point which I might not be around to help (especially if my son's involved). I know that I blacked out once the rage hit in high school.....it truly and deeply scares me what I might do if I saw what you did (and if it involved my boy). I just want to say thanks, actually. Makes me feel great that someone like you just might have his back down the road.
Paul

[edit on 26-10-2007 by TruthIsPower]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIsPower

I understand, more than you know, the terror that something 'evil' could happen to our children. I give you my word as a gentleman, if anything would transpire with your child, and I was there. I would defend to the enth degree.

There are many here in our ATS family who would as well. That's why we here on ATS are the BEST. That's why I am so PROUD to say that I am a member here. Don't EVER lose sight of how very unique our family is. A simple fact. There always has to be a best. Guess what? WE ARE the BEST, and you are a part of it. We all are.

I said it in a previous post, and I'll ask again my brothers and sisters. Do the right thing. Share it with us. Make us all proud. Many say that humanity is spiraling downhill. All of us can make a difference, even on the smallest scale. YOU can make a difference and feel damn good about it.

Open a door for someone who has their hands full. Let someone know that they dropped some money rather than pocketing it. Offer to help someone who is in distress. It's not that hard to do. And maybe, just maybe we can start a new trend overall. What we can do is say that "Hey I give a damn, and you should too."

That's what I desire from my family here.

I'm an ATS'er, and I am damn proud of it. Instead of complaining that the world is going to heck. Let's make a difference.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Very well said. That previous post was (obviously) my first here. And to be honest, I am proud to consider myself a member. I've always adhered to the "do unto others" creed....it's a shame that more folks don't do the same. Thank you very much for your words, as well as actions.....honestly will allow me to sleep better tonite. As things get tougher and tougher to deal with nowadays, it's my son (and being around to be here for him) that keeps me going. Thank you very much, just for being you.
Paul

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Lombozo we all know and love::::

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join