It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Belzer - Conspiracy Theorist & ATS Member

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There are plenty more famous people on ATS who enjoy the anynomity of sharing their innermost theories on life, the universe and everything without getting branded by mass-media.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In both the UFO/Alien and Conspiracy area, if you have no sense of humor you are doomed to be lost in the negative. Conversely if you don't take these areas of concern seriously enough you careen off the first cliff of facts you come too close to. Richard has a great public balance of concern and humor. Welcome, Richard. I look forward to your likely unique approach.

Most don't know how brave you have to be to be in lime-light now days. If you don't drive yourself crazy with the stress of the media spectrum of nuts and media corporate, there are the fans which can be like a minefield of joy or discomfort in public. I would live in the deep desert myself to avoid such attention.

We know of many well known and celeb people who have been ruined by associating with these areas of study and concern. I applaud any such media "operative" who would stroll the gauntlet of public media and markets with subjects commonly associated with foil skullcaps, hallucinating toothless farmers and paranoid TV addicted shut ins. We need support these individuals for having the "moons" to be here.

Again, Welcome!

ZG

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Mission Accomplished

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The more time we spend with people in various levels of "the media" the more we witness a similar reluctance... the "truth movement's" tactics have tainted the idea of 9/11 conspiracies.

While I doubt this is intentional on the part of most, I'm certain it is intentional on the part of some.

Marginalizing legitimate scrutiny of the U.S. Government by labeling it "conspiracy theory" is nothing new.

Playing along with it only serves to allow scoundrels, murderers and thieves to ply their trades with impunity under cover of "official business" and "national security".

Fighting this insidious form of political censorship requires exhibiting more honor, integrity and credibility than whose who support it.

Sadly, those are traits which are all too often lacking in the government, the press and our community.

[edit on 10/22/2007 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've seen Richard on a variety of programs and always liked him.Welcome to ATS!

Is it really the "truth movements" tactics? Or is it some agency "pretending" to be truthers? You know, how cops will dress up to look like protestors and start a riot so everyone will get arrested. It's an old tactic.

Not to derail, just wanted to touch on this.The tactics of some really ruin it for all.These people post their stuff on YouTube and in my opinion it makes "truthers" look like idiots.One of the groups was already mentioned and these tentacle groups follow the ambush tactics of a certain person. I won't mention.The educated will probably know who I'm talking about.
The community needs level headed and articulate people.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really don't think you can have any type of calm public discourse on a subject that is the basis for an ongoing and bloody conflict. Emotions are too heated and opinions are divided to the point of mutual exclusivity.

One side is still yelling about WMDs that weren't found and terrorists that weren't there before the conflict began and still pushing for more while the other is yelling about conspiracy.

I'd say in fifty years you might get something akin to a rational debate on the subject in public, but right now while people are still dying left and right over the events of September 11, 2001, yelling is about all you're going to get from both sides.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Why does this post reek of pre-teen jealousy/angst? Lets cut that nonsense out. ATS is one of the most prominent alternative boards because we're graced by a plethora of well known theorists, and, figures. A lot of people have made their marks in this field by developing their skills on this site. No matter how ludicrous some of those theories may be, we're lucky to have them.

(late?) Welcome!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i read his book he had it was funny!! omg awesome i love him on law and order i like how hes somewhat like his character with the whole conpsiracy thing.anyway soo mr belzer if u read this HEYYYYY IM A BIG FAN AND I THINK ITS AWESOME YOU CRUISE ON HERE!! okay
xoch

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Welcome Richard! Glad to know you are on here! Im a big fan and our tivo is literally filled with SVU! My wife gets very angry about that!

Anyway welcome aboard and cant wait to see your posts!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Richard,

I always thought that your comedy routines sucked. But you're a hometown boy (Bridgeport), so I always gave you a listen. Also, I always thought that you were always an interesting interviewee.

Looking forward to your ____ perspective on things.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thats awesome! I'm an avid listener of the Howard Stern show, there was a discussion and Mr. Belzer just this morning, regarding his performance at the Friar's Club roast of Pat Cooper.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
interestingly enough, Mr. Belzer is one of the main reasons i got into conspiracies.

The Belzer Connection is a good show and i am not surprised that RB would come on ATS. it's a great community with many leading experts in conspiracy theories. This fact is what led me here, making it no surprise that any knowledgeable person would want to join(famous or not).

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
richard belzer rocks, but Law and Order is on waaaaay too much. And I'm sure he knows it, too. You turn on TNT to see if there's a good movie on, and *the heck with the* Law and Order marathon.

On the subject of the truth movement, I'll mention names. Alex Jones. That guy needs to calm down. We don't want an angry revolution this time.

Mod Edit: please do not circumvent the profanity censors

[edit on 10/23/07 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So, to confirm, we don't know who Richard Belzer"s real name is (ATS username) right?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Welcom to ATS RB. Glad that you're here. I for one respect your work in the field you have made a career. As well, I find some of your positions to be interesting, to say the least, and as valid as anyone's.

As easy as it must be to here the "small minded" remarks of some, they are only a counterpoint to the mindless adoration group. I will view your posts and positions here the same way as any other member, should you reveal yourself.

I'm not much for having awe, as I'm sure the Vatican and the White House both have toilet paper delivered regularly, which proves that we're all human. I will gauge my responses not on who you are, as what you say. I would like to think that most members here would do the same.

Again, welcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

We are all Richard Belzer!!!

The Belz is everyone of us!!!

what did I just say?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Sure we do. Signed up in May, 2004, made no posts, banned the same day. Who else could pull that off?

Helz Belz.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Guess we'll have to give him a second chance, then. (?)

yeah... right

Welcome if and when R.B.

New members intent on denying ignorance, even it it be their own, are not only Welcome but Much appreciated.

BRING ON THE BELZ! ... whistles, too.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Donoso

Perhaps you assume the avatar is the person? But let us continue with that assumption. Isn't asking the young to act older and more refined like asking the earth not to spin? It is inherent in them -- doubt, resentment, and a bit of arrogance. And let's be really truthful: those things never really go away in most thinking adults, we just get better at covering them up.

His point seems valid to me. Perhaps I'm reading it differently from you, but honestly... How many new ATS members get multiple threads referencing their arrivals? Why *is* everyone so interested? Why *should* this matter so much? They are relevant questions that you ought not write off because you feel like looking down your nose at what you perceive to be someone younger and greener than you. Your post smacks of the sort of self-righteousness that I expect from what I consider the "new adult" crowd -- just made it into the big leagues and ready to flex. Again I say, we all do the same things over and over -- sometimes even when we're preaching against them (like me, right now). Food for thought...

/tn.

PS: Welcome, RB. Heh.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I saw him on Tough Crowd on Comedy Central one night. What he said impressed me enough to go buy his book. Which I thought was a good read and something you could give someone to get their feet wet in the subject.
From there I bought Jim Marrs's book Crossfire and Alien Agenda, and eventually found ATS.

I think its great that someone can get on a TV show and discuss his beliefs intelligently. Sometimes if you don't live on the internet, you may not know there are other people interested in the same things as you. (and don't look at you funny when you mention UFO) Maybe he might bring others to ATS who didn't know it existed.

I say welcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Edit: I'm actually not going to bother. You assume that all teens act in a specific way and give them inherit traits which I'm strongly against. There's absolutely no point to argue over something that ridiculous and completely off-topic, U2U me if you want to debate.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Donoso]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join