It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Belzer - Conspiracy Theorist & ATS Member

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This man is just completely awesome. I read his book several years ago and had a great laugh.

The man is my friggin hero!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So he's more then a celebrity? He's written a book about conspiracies and he's quite a funny guy. Great.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have always loved his humor and from his participation in the latest Friar's roast of comedian Pat Cooper,

I am hoping he was brushing up on his delivery in preparation for the

Revolution webcast, does he plan to attend?

I would love to see some fun being poked at our ATS staff & members.

I can't wait!!

www.nypost.com

... "Boy, does this dais [bleep]," said roastmaster Lisa Lampanelli as she glared at the likes of Freddie Roman, Michael McKean, Tony Roberts, Al Roker, Artie Lange, LeRoy Neiman, Michael Spinks, Bill Boggs, Joe Franklin, Opie and Anthony, Richard Belzer, Danny Aiello and Gary Dell'Abate. "The last time I heard these names I was playing Trivial Pursuit, the who gives a [bleep] edition."

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
So he's more then a celebrity? He's written a book about conspiracies and he's quite a funny guy. Great.

he's more than just a guy on the site. time will tell.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I am hoping he was brushing up on his delivery in preparation for the

Revolution webcast, does he plan to attend?

If her were to start out by discussing the funniest bone in Springer's body, I think we'd all be in trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have heard the Overlord is spending bonus treadmill time trying to get in superhero shape

When he arrives to the event wearing his recently dry-cleaned red spandex

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

he's more than just a guy on the site. time will tell.

Is he already a staff member, or maybe a mod?

I guess if time will tell then that means you won't?

I have always thought of him as cool and well thought/spoken.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I remember in one episode he had a rather lengthy diatribe about the JFK assassination that sounded out of place. I'm guessing then he wrote that bit in himself. Pretty cool to hear he is on here.

He also is a fan of Bill Hicks and anyone a fan of Hicks is ok in my book.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

He's not a mod. he's a conspiracy theorist (he's introduced that way on Bill Maher). I'll leave it at that for now.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The guy's definitely a riot. And by all accounts a pretty decent actor (and I'm probably one of a handful of people who have never seen the cop show he's been on).

Plus he knows how to get a house in France the hard way.

[Obscure Hulk Hogan reference].

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

He's not a mod. he's a conspiracy theorist (he's introduced that way on Bill Maher). I'll leave it at that for now.

Okay, then I will just wait and see.

I don't like to make a fuss about someone just because they are a celeb, but this guy is really sharp and direct in his approach.

I remember him seeing him on something a long time ago and he was far ahead of others with his on point discussion and at that time unpopular questioning of the political maliase.

I look forward to any contribution he makes to this site.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Welcome Richard!

This
is
not
a
one
sentence

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I've never seen any of the Law and Order shows (that is his show, right?)

Funny story, when Springer and I first learned we were going to be "working" with him, I mentioned that I knew very little about him, other than his appearances on Bill Maher and the usual talk show route and the always hysterical roasts. I did mention the only two "acting" gigs I remembered seeing him in. One was as Detective Munch (his L&A character) in Elmopalooza and the other was an old movie called Groove Tube. The Groove Tube scene I remembered was a riot and cannot be discussed on this family friendly site.

We then googled him and found some famous quotes from some of his roast appearances. Google Richard Belzer Chevy Chase roast and you'll find a gem that Springer actually mentioned and Sir Belzer was kind enough to repeat.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

(he's introduced that way on Bill Maher)

If I actually had the capacity to hate another human being I think Bill Maher would top my list.

If RB is in fact a conspiracy theorist, I can't see him getting along with BM. Then again I don't watch BM's show.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The more time we spend with people in various levels of "the media" the more we witness a similar reluctance... the "truth movement's" tactics have tainted the idea of 9/11 conspiracies.

Is it really the "truth movements" tactics? Or is it some agency "pretending" to be truthers? You know, how cops will dress up to look like protestors and start a riot so everyone will get arrested. It's an old tactic.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think the truthers in question are the We Are Change group that protested on BM's show.Possible they could be gov't run I guess.

Anyway,great to hear that the Belz will be joining us here.One of the greatest moments I can remember on Bill Maher is when BM had Ann Coulter live via satellite and Belz said something along the lines of "She's nothing but a fascist party doll!". You gotta love that.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I really don't think it's that big of a deal that Richard Belzer is here. Yes, his charachter from Law and Order-SVU is awesome, a carry-over charachter from Homocide: Life on the streets. I love the personality he gives him.
But, as for his conspiracy theorist moniker? C'mon. We're all conspiracy theorists and we all have deductive reasoning, we all just don't have the connections he does nor the spotlight potential. Being famous doesn't make you right. Unfortunately, being right doesn't make you famous.

But welcome, Richard, to ATS. I hope you can be yourself here as well as I hope people will LET you be yourself here.

As for OTHER "celebs" I'd like to see here?

-Ted Nugent
-Tom Morello
-Mel Gibson
-Nicolas Cage

And a host of others.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
But welcome, Richard, to ATS. I hope you can be yourself here as well as I hope people will LET you be yourself here.

This echo's what I've been thinking. If he posts here, damn, let him kick off his slippers and chill. Be part of the community. Yeah people know him but can you imagine the stress that goes along with that? What if he just wants to share? Be Rick, not the L&O guy. What's wrong with that? Get over it guys, please.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If I were famous,I would register on the site, inform the amigo's and then slip away into the boards appearing as any other freshman noob would. Theres nothing like being hounded and questioned on crazy stuff right after joining, simply because people want to take pot shots, ask stupid questions or claim the 6 degrees with him.

My guess is that is that if/when he does in fact join the site, he wont do it in some grandiose fashion, but then again I could be wrong. I'll bet there are some other famous members around these parts. They just keep themselves well hidden...Colbert...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Welcome Richard!

This won't be a one line post either

I love the guy as an actor, I think he is very talented. I am not familiar with his "Conspiracy Theorist" moniker, but I look forward to hearing anything he can contribute to the forums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join