It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Killing 10,000 Iraqis Per Month

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
THIS article speculates that the US military is a killing machine over in Iraq. And why doubt it? How can we get body counts that are proven?

A state-of-the-art research study published in October 12, 2006 issue of The Lancet (the most prestigious British medical journal) [1] concluded that — as of a year ago — 600,000 Iraqis had died violently due to the war in Iraq. That is, the Iraqi death rate for the first 39 months of the war was just about 15,000 per month.

That wasn’t the worst of it, because the death rate was increasing precipitously, and during the first half of 2006 the monthly rate was approximately 30,000 per month, a rate that no doubt has increased further during the ferocious fighting associated with the current American surge.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Millions of iraqis are fleeing the country...

UN warns of five million Iraqi refugees

The Iraqi refugee crisis is now surpassing in numbers anything ever seen in the Middle East, including the expulsion or flight of the Palestinians in 1948.

The Independent

Just think of every one of those as a human being like you and me, and you start to realize the massive tragedy caused by the US invasion.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Oh no, them liberals at it again...

Why do you liberals keep attacking America? We gave them freedom, we sacrificed our soldiers to liberate their country.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Eclipse_Solar]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Eclipse_Solar

I see you value American life more than Iraqi life... thats a sick point of view in my opinion. You did not give them freedom, you caused a tragedy never before seen in the middle east. Stop believing the lies from your mass media.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eclipse_Solar
If 10 million Iraqis would die every month it still would not mount up to the death of an American life.

*snip*

Just keep believing in your "American Dream" and everything will be a-ok for you..

And btw... Who would they be liberating? Iraqi's? They were better of without that bastard Bush.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by PureET]

(Threat edited out)

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

If 10 million Iraqis would die every month it still would not mount up to the death of an American life.

This would have to be THE most disgusting sentence I have had the displeasure to read in my time here on ATS...

EVERY human life is worth EXACTLY the same...Regardless of race, religion, color, beliefs, gender, appearance or social status...

If you honestly believe what you wrote, I truly pity you

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Oh no, them liberals at it again... Why do you liberals keep attacking America? We gave them freedom, we sacrificed our soldiers to liberate their country. If 10 million Iraqis would die every month it still would not mount up to the death of an American life.

I think your just a bored little troll that a mod should lay the hammer to.

This sentence here makes this a two line post.

[edit on 19/10/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Yep Pfeil, lets hope it happens...Soon hopefully...

And yeah, nicely done on the two liner as well

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'll admit it -- I ratted that guy out, since I was the one who started the post, I had to report him, can other please do the same. I think there should not even be 5 warnings for that thing, maybe 2 or 3 tops. Even that. What is your problem? Do you actually type that sentence in a sane mind?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

I'll admit it -- I ratted that guy out, since I was the one who started the post, I had to report him, can other please do the same. I think there should not even be 5 warnings for that thing, maybe 2 or 3 tops. Even that. What is your problem? Do you actually type that sentence in a sane mind?

I didn't know what I wrote I'm just sad over the death of the soldiers, didn't mean it.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
...pretty quick on the edit dude, we got all kinda witnesses and then
you come back here posting the opposite? Look at your signature,
a Bush quote! Priceless. They're looking for a good soldier like you.

Wtinessed: ....the most racist, insane quote ever, something about, "if it was
10 million Iraqis, who cares?"

/::

[edit on 19-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Here's a good tip for you....Imagine me saying it very slowly as you read...

Before you post ANYTHING on this site, put your brain into gear before you hit the enter button on a post...

That will go along way to making your stay here a bit longer than another day or so...

Trust me, its good advice...

EDIT -- Another tip...once you've written something offensive and been called out on it, dont think editing the post is going to make it all go away...

Mods have access to what you posted in the first instance so editing wont save your skin...

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

You might want to actually read the article.

The number is 10,000 a month, not 100,000.

Just in case you missed it, you are supposed to use the title from the news story as the title to your post without changing it.

I would respectfully suggest you correct the title of your post.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by robert z

I did, thanks for the heads-up RobertZ /

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
America is not always right... our leaders are not always good... many policies put forward are just plain wrong from the start or backfire...

Which ever way it is, it is our soldiers who pay the price but it is our leaders who should be held responsible.

Still... there is not one soul on this planet that matters one iota more or less than another.

We are all God's children... the good... the bad and the American.

If U.S. troops are killing 10,000 a month in Iraq, the odds are the vast majority are neither insurgents or Al Qeada... but average people just trying to get by.

It is still wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm not sure if you eclipse_solar's OP or not Grover, but he said 10 million dead Iraqis were less than one dead American...

Hence our subsequent outrage in the posts after...

You are correct, loss of life on the scale of hundreds of thousands Iraqis and several thousand American soldiers is terrible, period...

And yes "our" leaders are to blame....

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I guess one tiranosor is better than the other tiranasor, saddam even if he was a tiranosor did not have this under his rejime with 10.000 dead per month, even if people lived in fear they would not die at this rate with the figures stated above, I guess bush the tiran(t)-osor is much worse than the other one(saddam) bush is a war criminal and a coward, his a wimp,
also his face expresion, when he talks I can see his only telling lies, his whole face is a lie in fact, and above all he is a natzi , his gradpa was a natzi and his great grandpa also was a natzi, comes in the family, United States is ran by a bunch of natzis.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Please keep this civil, folks.

Please don't degrade into name calling and insults about intelligence and/or political bias. Stick to the facts and debate the facts with good PRINT references. Opinions are fine. Attacks aren't.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by grover

I'm not sure if you eclipse_solar's OP or not Grover, but he said 10 million dead Iraqis were less than one dead American...

Hence our subsequent outrage in the posts after...

You are correct, loss of life on the scale of hundreds of thousands Iraqis and several thousand American soldiers is terrible, period...

And yes "our" leaders are to blame....

Peace

EXACTLY! What is the thing you hear the most. "3000 soldiers have died", or "millions of Iraqis have died".

Im not a monster, you can choose to be in denial.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What you posted initially was abhorrent, disgusting, and against EVERYTHING this site stands for...

As I have said in every post of mine to this thread, losing a lot of lives, whomever they are is awful...Period...

Yet you chose to say "10 million dead Iraqis wouldnt be the same as one dead American"

My opinion of you stands, and IMO you dont belong here...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join