It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Killing 10,000 Iraqis Per Month

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think even 300 a day is on the high side and not an everyday event and not innocent bystanders either, but there are some. At the Balad hospital 100s of Iraqis were treated for every one American and majority of them were hurt by their own with indiscriminate bombs and bombers.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darkman.is-a-geek.net

Killing Iraqi Freedom Fighters? That's an amusing spin on criminal thugs, who have no respect for their fellow Iraqis, much less the coalition forces.
I regret any civilian casualties and hardships, but I feel no shame for the demise of scumbags who have no interest whatsoever in freedom for their countrymen. The fewer people walking the planet that want to kill their neighbors(or us), the better, as far as I'm concerned. These clowns don't represent the majority view in Iraq, but through their use of violence and intimidation, they are able to wield a disproportionate amount of influence.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I keep reading about everyone's life being equal...which I can agree with. Of course, what value do you place on a life? I place absolutely no value on your life. Human life is not the be-all-end-all. If you die, do I care? Nope. If I die, do I care? Doubtful. If my parents, or others die, do I care? For the short term, but I'll get over it as everyone must die eventually.

I'm fine with war and murder. The latter because I carry a firearm and wouldn't have a problem returning an aggressive move on another's part. The former because I live in the US and have no problem providing others with death if they decide to interfere.

Also, to the 10,000 per month number...as it has been said the number doesn't make sense. The percentage dead would overwhelm the percentage living very quickly. Basically figure out the percentage of confirmed people killed (not dead, killed) and that'll be a more useful number.

Edited to add last para.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by lukesaysmoo]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Killing Iraqi Freedom Fighters? That's an amusing spin on criminal thugs, who have no respect for their fellow Iraqis, much less the coalition forces.

What are people called who attempt to rid a country of an occupying force? The occupiers tend to call them names like thugs and insurgents. The people from the other side, the people actually being occupied, they tend to call them prettier names such as freedom fighters.

Tell me, if the USA was invaded by Canada and the Canadians were treating the US citizens harshly and those harshly treated US citizens rose up and started a resistance towards the Canadian occupiers, would you then call the US resistance thugs and insurgents? I don't believe you would.

I regret any civilian casualties and hardships,

Yet you seem to accept that our counties invaded a country - much like the NAZI's did.

but I feel no shame for the demise of scumbags who have no interest whatsoever in freedom for their countrymen.

You are right, why don't they just lie down, roll over and just take being occupied by another country in their stride - I know you would.

The fewer people walking the planet that want to kill their neighbors(or us), the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Yet you want a war and an occupation?

These clowns don't represent the majority view in Iraq,

Really, you are in Anbar Province as we speak, guaging the Iraqi feeling on the subject as you type this? I'm impressed.

but through their use of violence and intimidation, they are able to wield a disproportionate amount of influence.

Sorry, I got lost. Are we talking about the USA? Sounds a tad like the USA. I'm sure you aren't talking about that though. I mean, occupying two countries through violence and intimidation are not the American way - are they?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would be inclined to be against the liberals on this one. BUT, from the information I get in the media I have come to realize that the only real information is information I gather at the source. So, maybe Iraq does not even exist, for I have never been there. The media and the warmongers may have just made the whole country up. I'm serious. I gotta go over there and see.
But I wouldn't doubt it. It's a hollocaust I bet. The Jewish one will be second in the history books.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Why is this inaccurate and inflammatory thread still active?? Seriously, doesn't everyone think the title is completely crazy???

I am personally offended that anyone would make these baseless accusations then actually have the nerve to post them HERE.

I hope whomever posted this has been banned.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
speculates that the US military is a killing machine over in Iraq. And why doubt it? How can we get body counts that are proven?

[edit on 19-10-2007 by anhinga]

The OP really says it all right there from the start, already questioning how we can get body counts that are proven. Since we can't get them, I might as well go with the numbers these guys are giving me. That basically sums everything up.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkman.is-a-geek.net

Originally posted by BlueRaja

What are people called who attempt to rid a country of an occupying force? The occupiers tend to call them names like thugs and insurgents. The people from the other side, the people actually being occupied, they tend to call them prettier names such as freedom fighters.

Tell me, if the USA was invaded by Canada and the Canadians were treating the US citizens harshly and those harshly treated US citizens rose up and started a resistance towards the Canadian occupiers, would you then call the US resistance thugs and insurgents? I don't believe you would.

I regret any civilian casualties and hardships,

Yet you seem to accept that our counties invaded a country - much like the NAZI's did.

but I feel no shame for the demise of scumbags who have no interest whatsoever in freedom for their countrymen.

You are right, why don't they just lie down, roll over and just take being occupied by another country in their stride - I know you would.

The fewer people walking the planet that want to kill their neighbors(or us), the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Yet you want a war and an occupation?

These clowns don't represent the majority view in Iraq,

Really, you are in Anbar Province as we speak, guaging the Iraqi feeling on the subject as you type this? I'm impressed.

but through their use of violence and intimidation, they are able to wield a disproportionate amount of influence.

Sorry, I got lost. Are we talking about the USA? Sounds a tad like the USA. I'm sure you aren't talking about that though. I mean, occupying two countries through violence and intimidation are not the American way - are they?

If the US was oppressing Iraqis, and trying to take away their rights, then I could see how those fighting against us might be seen as Freedom Fighters. When these folks are killing their fellow countrymen, and committing other criminal acts against them, I hardly see how that could be misconstrued as fighting for freedom in any way. The US forces are only trying to provide security and stability till the Iraqi forces are able to take full responsibility for these tasks.

The Nazis did invade countries, but I don't think you can really draw any other parallels between what US forces have done, and what the Axis powers were up to. That's one of the worst analogies I've seen. There was certainly no humanitarian intent behind Hitler and Mussolini's conquests. They didn't remove any oppressive governments and allow for democratic elections, rebuild infrastructure, schools, hospitals, power plants, etc... out of the kindness of their hearts.

I don't like war, and nobody in their right mind does. I do think war is necessary at times.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "

John Stuart Mill

I have been in the Al Anbar province, and have seen the difference since prior to the initial elections in '05, and the conditions now. There is no comparison. Back then, the ordinary Iraqi was under severe intimidation of violence. Many were reluctant to deal with Americans either out of distrust or fear. They've seen that Al Qaeda is their true enemy, and not the US, and done a complete 180. Ramadi used to be one of the most hazardous spots to be. It's a completely different town now, threat wise. Iraqis are working with the US to rid the country of those who are sowing instability and violence.

It seems to me that we were attacked, so....would you have us kowtow to our adversaries, and contirnue to take it in the shorts, or do something about it. Like I said, I'm not fond of war, but I'd rather take the war to them, than fight on our own shores.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

There is absolutely no parallel with what's going on in Iraq, and with the Holocaust. You need to read a few more history books before making such assertions. If anything, it's closer to some of the African civil wars or the Balkans, where instead of rival tribes fighting each other, you have rival sects and ethnic groups(Shia, Sunni, Kurds, etc..).

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I suppose you are right. There is no parallel. The only similarity is the Hitler-like figurehead called Bush.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

If the U. S. were invaded and occupied, regardless of the intent of the invader, I bet you would be singing a different tune.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Once again, I suggest you read some history books before making anymore analogies. It's obvious you dislike Bush, but there's no comparison between him and Hitler. Please show some examples of mass round ups of those considered to be of lesser genetic make up, etc... for labor camps/mass extermination, execution/imprisonment of those who merely speak out in opposition, etc...
I don't see Democrats being rounded up, having their property taken, and being sent to prison or death.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Millions of iraqis are fleeing the country...

UN warns of five million Iraqi refugees

The Iraqi refugee crisis is now surpassing in numbers anything ever seen in the Middle East, including the expulsion or flight of the Palestinians in 1948.

The Independent

Just think of every one of those as a human being like you and me, and you start to realize the massive tragedy caused by the US invasion.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

Caused by the U.S. Invasion? Hmmm, where are the statistics for deaths under Saddam's rule? Comparison please.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

It's interesting to see how the "glass half empty" types spin things. Perhaps the indescriminate violence that the insurgents cause might play some role in the matter of displaced civilians, but in their minds this couldn't be the case, as the "official" story couldn't possibly reflect reality.
It's odd how most of these folks aren't from areas where US forces are providing security, as I'm sure they must be terrified, seeing as how we're killing 10,000 civilians per month(according to "unbiased" sources).

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Re: Iraq on 10,000 bodies a month.

Interesting, the "One nation Under God' people are committing some of the greatest most grusome massacures the world has seen since the U.S. was doing the same in South East Asia in the 1970's and all-the-while they keep asking "Why do they hate us?' To which they themselves answer: "Because we're free!'

The dumb bastards just don't get it!

In Gaza the ZioNazi Jews are killing, maiming and displacing some 120 Palestnians a week, cutting off their water supplies, food supply lines and electricity and they keep asking the world 'why don't the Palestinians concede that us ZioNazi's have a 'right to exist.' (Really now?)

Meanwhile, the al-Quds (Republican Army of Iran) has been designated a 'terrorist army' by the Great Satan and they have have not killed anyone!

Meanwhile, the world looks at the US/Israel 'homicide twins' and wonders why someone (Pakistan nuke?) doesn't drop a few nukes filling the Middle Eastern stratosphere full of kosher confetti and a few US military pale white arses.

To which this American sez, 'Why not?'

TheAZCowBoy
Tombstone, AZ.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's an easily beleivable figure. People relying on what body counts say obviously don't understand that the middle east is HUGE on burying bodies asap, thus making body counts there even dumber understatements then they are in other regions.
As for people listening to what the administration says, no comment. They are the ultimate gods at getting their point across without backing it up with any actual data.

The Lancet is an excess deaths study. 650,000 in 2006 is hardly suprising considering the population of Iraq. The Phillipines occupation by America killed about 6% of the Filipino population, and VERY little of that was direct genocide.

So no, American troops aren't rolling across the country blowing people up with 10-ton bombs and mutilating their dead bodies with thermite and all sorts of extremely sick twisted stuff like that. But to say that the occupation had resulted in 650,000 excess deaths by 2006 is almost suprisingly low. The ORB study estimates 1.2 million total excess deaths by this point in the occupation.
One thing about the independant studies with huge death tolls being presented; they're the only ones using reliable research methods.

Not to say that it being unsuprising or indirect justifies it; the regional instability that caused it is no less our fault.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by uberfoop]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
'EVERY ONE'....now in Iraq are the walking dead....that place is heavily contaminated with DU (Depleted Urainium) & it can never be cleaned up...the place, the people over there are stuffed...This Urainium contamination will last 4.5 billion years...ANY WHERE DU ammo has exploded is a HOT SPOT...it's in the water, soil & air in dust particles...there are 250,000 U.S. vets from Iraq1 sick & dying & the U.S. Gov. couldn't give a stuff...none can get medical help...Gov. in total denile...it is the biggest genocide in human history......U.S Gov. have supplied DU ammo to 17 other countries.....it has become a global distarster....millions will die because of it....

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join