It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Killing 10,000 Iraqis Per Month

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eclipse_Solar

Seriously?!?! What gives, this guy didn't get a WARN -- check the logs, Rilence is exactly right -- there's been numerous complaints reported against him and then he comes back out of the woodwork -- pretending like he didn't say it, and it was exactly how Rilence worded it, unreal, and furthermore unreal point, you got the nerve to come back here and say you're not a monster.

I'll try to get this whole forum against you, racist, for that insane comment.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Dude, you're really making a mistake not to go back to that log, someone mentioned it's possible to do -- and this is it??!! A warning on the page?! He made a comment that was beyond OFFENSIVE, threatening, rude, insulting and derogatory to A WHOLE RACE of people. Come on, what's right is right.

Who else can I complain to if you're not going to do anything about it besides a post on the page?!?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ALL deaths caused by war is wrong and the one's to blame are the leaders for for starting the mess to begin with and are the ones who should be held accountable.

This person disgusts me... at the very least he could have the courage of his convictions and stand by his bile.

Off to ignore he goes never to return. Bye bye.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yep Grover, right on the money...As we agreed a page ago, any number of deaths during a conflict like this, regardless of who they are or what side they are on is so so sad...and wrong...

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Grover -- they didn't even WARN him, is "Byrd" the moderator of all Gen Conspiracy? Is there someone else to complain to? That comment was beyond hateful and disgusting.

From what I recall, Mods aren't above "the law" around here, I did see some post on there. So, dude, "Byrd" -- is this your terrain?

Can you explain this lack of warning to that guy for those of us who SAW his vile posting?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

try any of the other mods monitering this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
...someone posted in 'recent posts' a general complaint form. I complained to a Mod who welcomed me to the site and the general form. Let's see if I/we get a response, this is making me sick. Hate crimes going on in here and this "mod" warns the whole thread?! Come on dude, look at the witnesses to his post. Think a little.

Is this something we could bring to a Better Business Bureau? I got some lawyer friends, let's see what they think about the story. . . .

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Solar if you are a smart guy you would know that everything is a lie, a big fat lie, you would know what GWB stands for.
Do some research on his famly, and then afrer that ask your self what is this war for.

You must know that:
1 More people have died under what bush has ordered compared to saddam era, when he was in power.
2 Milions are runing away, finding refuge where they can sirya, iran, egypt.
3 People don't want you there.
4 You have destroied that country, it's now in a state of civil war.

So how do you call this liberating?

I mean how does it come to this? how can people trust a liar, i don't really get it,
He is profiting from the weapons industy, while war go's on he makes money, they all have their shares, and this is not BS, it has been documented, then he lies about the weapons of mass distruction, then he states "Hey I would be upset too if I was invaded" live on television in front of every one.
I mean he use to be a guy that picked his nose and showed the finger on live broadcast.
Here is the guy you trust so much

..and you still think this war is about liberating.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Believe it or not, we are not omniscient beings.

This thread is not on the course that it should be, and until such time as a complaint has been dealt with (we don't often make spur of the moment decisions, otherwise we'd be known as "heavy handed mods,") this thread will be on topic, and no further off topic derailments will be tolerated.

Any member is free to send in a complain/suggestion. However, a reminder on some T&C Guidelines:

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in immediate termination of posting privileges.

Until such time that any action whatsoever is taken, if any is decided upon, this thread will remain on topic, or warns will start going out.

I suggest anyone that at this time is too angry to say anything nice, to refrain from posting, and take a nice walk to calm down.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have skimmed through this article and in my opinion it is very slanted. These numbers are not concrete they are mere speculation derived from door to door interviews asking if they have had someone die in the last few years. These numbers are not from actual body counts, and if I read correctly they are using a formula based on the type of fighting to speculate civilian casualties. Sounds like Vietnam micro- managment, they would count spent ammunition to speculate how many Viet-Cong Killed.

ATS is a place to voice opinion whether it is popular or not, to start accusing people of hate crimes is overly dramatic.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Why doubt it? Because the evidence just doesn't support such a ridiculous claim for one. When most estimates of the numbers of Iraqi casualties are a tenth of the 600K+, one has to wonder what agenda is being pushed(I know- the low #s are Bush propaganda right, and every journalist, eyewitness, etc... have all been paid off to hide the true numbers. We've even managed to pay of Al Jazeera, since they're not even reporting numbers like that). Secondly, to have body counts like that, you're talking levels you might see in a high intensity conflict(i.e. North Korea invasion, Russia invading NATO countries, etc..). Even the insurgents/terrorists aren't killing in those kinds of numbers. It also shows a fundemental lack of understanding of what the situation on the ground is actually like. There weren't even 10,000 KIA in high intensity assaults in retaking Fallujah, and other cities, and there haven't been any engagements like that in several years. Do you think that US forces just roll from town to town, and start mowing people down, and then drive on to the next town. Do you see how it might be problematic to hide the evidence of this type of thing, as there are all too many folks that would love to exploit info like this, if it actually existed. It would be even more difficult to cover up #s like these if the casualities were rank and file Iraqis minding their own business. The fact of the matter is I've been to Iraq, and the stories that the MSM report are more negative than what is happening, not the other way around. There aren't bombs going off on every street corner, and firefights happening 24/7, in every neighborhood. Now that Al Anbar province has quieted down from being the worst spot in Iraq, 15 of the 18 provinces are for the most part stable. I guarantee that of the 3 that aren't stable, there aren't 10k/month KIA. That's unadulterated BS.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

You didn't see his post before the edit: "100 (or was it 10 million Rilence?) million Iraqis is better then 1 dead American." Rilence, PureET, (maybe) Copern and I were witness to his quote before I threatened to rat him out, then, he edited the quote. . . . . .

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Edit: 75,288 – 82,027 dead.
Here are some numbers from THIS SITE. All in the name of "terror" -- innocent people probably. I know, here comes the neo-cons right wing response. "80k dead is worth my freedom."

Well, how about 1 soldier is too many, 1 civilian is too many. Armchair QBs to a "televised set war" w/ real pain, trauma and bloodshed over there, so spare me your two cents about if there's that many dead or not.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I agree, this is an article written to further an agenda. It is not based in fact but mere speculation.

I am personal sick and tired of people trying to portray are troops as barbarians spraying innocent villages with indiscriminate machine gun fire, killings babies and cutting off heads.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

He posted "10 million dead Iraqis would not be the same as on dead american or thereabouts", Anhinga...

Anyone who does not find this statement disgusting, nauseating, immoral and just plain against everything this site stands for, doesn't deserve to post here, IMO...

Its really simple folks...ALL human life is equal, there is no two ways about this....

This thread was very much open to debate before a certain member posted this stuff, and one moderator posted something which seemed to say it was ok for this member to post this stuff...

Sure, lets debate the numbers...so they're inaccurate ? The loss of life is shocking regardless of the true numbers...

This is being overlooked IMO, and it seems Grover is one of the few who has a real handle on this...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by Eclipse_Solar

Why do you liberals keep attacking America? We gave them freedom,

Thanks for the post Eclipse_Solar.

Untrue. We gave them nothing but death, graft, curruption and an American sponsored reign of terror.

we sacrificed our soldiers to liberate their country.

Untrue. We sacrificed our soldiers so that we could steal their oil and build an infrastructure which included new air bases from which we could then attack Iran.

I didn't think I was liberal because I thought my political bias fell more into libertarian. But if this makes me a liberal then I guess I am a liberal. Damn! I hate liberals.

Thanks again for the post SE.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John, your input is welcome and appreciated as it always is...

From a CT point of view for most people (for me, its close to fact)...The information you have presented is articulate, based in fact and unbiased, as it often is...

Thank YOU for your post, John

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
"...but mere speculation....I am personal sick and tired of people trying to portray are troops as barbarians spraying innocent villages with indiscriminate machine gun fire, killings babies and cutting off heads."

[graphic photos]
Alright, so THIS didn't happen?

How about THIS ONE? ( site has total cost to date -- $245 BILLION ! )

...and how about THIS one of DU (depleted URANIUM) victims? Which isn't only ruining these people currently, it's in their water, food chain and obviously from this photo - genetics.

Any armchair quarterback response to these?!?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I dont agree with what the poster said, but i have a hard time holding it against him/her

American lifee being more valueble than everyone elses is EXACTLY what bush wants everyone to believe.

He is the commander and chief, and by his rational it is great loss to have and american soldier die fighting for his country, and it is a a victory to kill (what most of us believe) innocent civilians. That is why the US is there right?

As far as the Bush administratin is concerned, 1 american life does equal 10,000,000 iraqis or whoever they fight against.

It was wrong to say, but i dont doubt that that is the world we live in

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Untrue. We gave them nothing but death, graft, curruption and an American sponsored reign of terror.

Why then are the Kurds so happy, and so successful in northern Iraq, now that Saddam is gone?

we sacrificed our soldiers to liberate their country.

Untrue. We sacrificed our soldiers so that we could steal their oil and build an infrastructure which included new air bases from which we could then attack Iran.

How do you figure anybody is stealing their oil? Last I saw it was selling for $90 a barrel.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just to keep the source of this article in perspective

Here is some info on Voltaire Network

VN

Who is Voltaire Network?
Voltaire Network International gathers 8 press agencies, 15 publications and professional journalist unions:
Agencia Alia 2 (Venezuela)
Actualidad colombiana (Columbia)
Agencia cubana de noticias - ACN (Cuba)
Agencia de Noticias Plurinacional del Ecuador - ANPE (Equator)
Agencia Informe de Prensa Internacional - IPI (Peru)
Altercom (Equator)
Bolpress (Bolivia)
Contralínea (Mexico)
Día V (Mexico)
Desde abajo (Columbia)
El Juguete rabioso (Bolivia)
Federación Latinoamericana de Periodistas - FELAP (Latin America)
Fortuna (Mexico)
Horizons et débats (Switzerland)
Intelligencia (Lebanon)
La Jornada (Mexico)
New Orient News (Lebanon)
Observatorio de Medios, Político, Social y Cultural (Argentina)
Opción (Equator)
Periódico de las Madres de Plaza de Mayo (Argentina)
Punto final (Chile)
Question (Venezuela)
Syria Alghad (Syria)
Unión de trabajadores de Prensa de Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Voces del Periodista (Mexico)
In addition, the Voltaire Network has signed a bilateral agreement with Ria-Novosti press agency (Russia).

(List updated on July 1st, 2007)

Agenda?

Oh and a little info on Thierry Meyssan

WIKI

While people are dying in Iraq, and admittedly all are not combatants or insurgents, this 10,000 a month figure is suspect to say the least.

You can believe the figures or you can disbelieve the figures

As for me

I am taking this article with a grain of salt.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join