It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore and U.N. Panel Win Peace Prize

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Gore is not a hypocrite for starting a company that invests in new and sustainable technology. Al Gore never told us to get rid of all of our worldly possessions and never, ever use electricity again.

Why is it such a bad thing to not destroy our environment? Who cares if climate change is man made, or if it's actually occurring? Don't you care about the type of world our children will inherit?

What would be so bad about finding an alternative to fossil fuels? Because we wouldn't have a reason to go to war in the middle east?

And for the larouchie guy. Be very careful. This guy is insane and he's a cult leader. I apologize, I don't normally say bad things about political candidates, even if I don't care for them.

But I'm a Dem activist and I'm very familiar with the larouchie kids (unfortunately, they are our nuts). They show up at every convention, run for every office, they never get out of the primaries. They can't stand us older folks -- we're baby boomers so we're evil. It's sad, really, because they seem so bright and talented.

If they spent half the time thinking for themselves and not being brainwashed, the world would be a much better place.

And of course, you're entitled to your opinion, but there's something fishy about an organization that recruits college students, makes them share everything (including housing and finances), do everything together. That's a cult in my book.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
As for me, you got it....WallStreet votes republican. I am an evil evil person, so says alot of people on here.

Hey you said it, not me

The warming deniers, I suspect, are simply involved in a real estate scam.
They are buying up land inland from the coasts in the hopes that it will become beachfront property when the ice caps melt.

They can read global average temperature charts and CO2 levels as well as anyone. They're just doing the "head in the sand" thing publicly, to keep the land prices low

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why did Mr.Gore recieve the Nobel Peace Prize anyways?
Wasnt all the money he has made off of his movie and dvds sales enough of a pat on the back?
And the U.N,does anything really need to be said about this entity of empty suits?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am totally mind-boggled by the replies here. You can't be happy that a fellow American won the award, you have to off on the petty partisan BS. Guess what? Those guys. Gore, Bush, Clinton, etc or their puppet masters don't care if anything is liberal or conservative. They only care that YOU care about those things. That way they can keep you all squabbling as they walk back to the Bank.

This pettiness isn't good for your country, your blood pressure(damn, Big Pharm is making a killing off of you guys) or ATS. Evertime something from the opposing ideology comes along and we're off to the races again. I'm REALLY starting to believe that you guys are doomed, and it's going to be a slow painful proccess.

Repub's don't think I'm picking on you. I have NO DOUBT that if this had been reversed there would be some Dem's doing the same thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good post!

I'm ashamed at my fellow Americans. Speaking strictly of ATS, I find myself eventually shying away from any thread that could possibly turn into a partisan meltdown, and that sucks! It's hard to have an opinion, even one that is somewhere close to the fence, without some moron coming along and forcing you to one side or the other. At that point I just say "enough".

I think the most endangered species in America are "free thinkers".

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To the "Texas" poster -- LaRouche is not a cult go thru their website and see that
they're more like economists/scientists then anything else.

It's easy to disregard them as a "cult" which is who these monsters in
office are..... voting DEM or REPUBLCN does NOT matter anymore
since DIGI voting and DIEBOLD/T runs the show now.... either way, is
Congress doing anything to END this war which is bankrupting US asap?!
Of course not, SPECIAL INTEREST -- that's why, the majority are DEMS,
like that matters anymore. The fact that people are going to defend him
and call him from US makes no difference to the reality out there --

HOW ABOUT ending a WAR that's killing innocent people not speculation
about climate change that an actual court said not to play (his film)
in CLASSROOMS!

I think the guy is not good, just read some alt news on him,
there's slamming info besides LaRouche painting him out to be the
slim that he is. Even on this thread, aside from my points, others have
provided evidence. A drug cartel him, Clinton(s) and Bush runs.

Many reason the US is going down the toilet -- Gore is one of them.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Seriously......that is ridiculous.

Not a warming denier, but a cooling, warming, cooling, warming, cooling, warming beliver.

Just like just about everything else that occurs in nature.....cycles, cycles, everywhere. Hey look at my stock chart, cycle says to buy.

Got to get back to work.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I dont get it. So, Al Gore invented global warming?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I am totally mind-boggled by the replies here. You can't be happy that a fellow American won the award, you have to off on the petty partisan BS.

I do not care if he was an Americqn or not, it was the way he won it. His theory had nine allegeded errors and that is something no man/woman should get under any circumstance.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am totally mind-boggled by the replies here. You can't be happy that a fellow American won the award, you have to off on the petty partisan BS. Guess what?

Well to these folks, anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun isn't a "real American" anyway, and anyone who disagrees with George Bush is a traitor.

Thus, this is seen as simply some dirty Euro-commies rewarding an Anti-American traitor pinko for his pinko traitoriousness

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well there goes any creditability the Nobel Peace Prize has the UN is beyond a joke and Gore idea that humans are causing climate is a fraud. The so called Global Warming fraud and will bottom itself out but not before commerce has faced increased taxes and low income people have been effected the worst.

Couldn't have put it better.

Global Warming IS a fraud. It is a natural phenomena that occurred years before we humans inhabited the Earth. At the creation of Earth, this planet was a molten ball. It cooled, eventually froze, and now it is warming up again.

We are told that a giant meteor hit Earth, created a Nuclear Winter that wiped out the Dinosaurs. Now we're (slowly) warming up again.

Since WW2 when we really needed to predict the weather, we've been building weather models so we can get it right. We still can't accurately predict next weeks weather with any accuracy, and even the military work just 5 minutes ahead for weather predictions (look at NASA and the predictions of the shuttle). we've been trying for over 60 years and still can't get it right.

How can we possibly predict climate change, never mind say categorically that we humans are the cause??!!!!

The governments of the world have realized there is a lot of money to made from this (potentially more than taxes) - and they're going for it big-time. The scientists on the IPCC are just as corrupt IMHO and I no longer consider them credible.

Who was it who said that people need to be kept constantly afraid of something??

In some cases I consider what is going on with Global Warming to be worse than any act of terrorism. Governments are intentionally misleading the public to raise taxes and fundamentally change our way of life. You've got environmental groups blockading airport terminals and attempting to get air transport banned (they said that earlier this week).

I don't dispute that we're damaging our planet and polluting the environment, but as for us being responsible for a natural phenomena such as global warming and it being dangerous for the planet - whatever.

So - the ice is melting in the Arctic. Last weeks study (that Al Gore earlier twisted the meaning of) found that due to the current melting, the sea is absorbing more energy from the sun, arming up the ice quicker than before (that's basic physics), and resulting in accelerated melting of the ice.

What is conveniently forgotten is that as a block of ice melts, its rate of melting naturally accelerates due to reduced mass. They are relying on our ignorance of science to blind us with it for their own ends.

The group that Al Gore gave the $1.5 Million to - who runs that? Who benefits? Any of Gores friends??? Gore isn't producing films and making millions from them, getting Oscars and now the Nobel Peace Prize and $1.5 Million for his troubles because he cares about the environment. He's after the money, like everyone else who is saying global warming is a threat (the same people, who coincidentally, say we need to pay for Carbon Offsetting to help save the planet - curious).

Never call me cynical.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I dont get it. So, Al Gore invented global warming?

No, silly. He invented the internet. He discovered Global Warming.

Seriously, I have no problem with protecting the environment. I try to keep it as green as I can get. I do have a problem when rich people tell me that I'm destroying the planet while they zoom around on private jets from one huge mansion to another, but buying "carbon offsets" as a way of "paying back the planet".

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree w/ you Mirage, aside from all the special interests Gorey gets from this "research" it's not sound science as a COURT ruled. The guys' a fraud.

The worse part about this is the UN report, one of them dates back to 1999, saying there could be EXTREME weather by 2020, it's called the "Biodiversity Assessment" and it's a huge report, over 1000 pages. The only legit thing I could see happening, which these monsters are MAKING MONEY off of, is a MAYAN prediction coming true and behind the scenes, the politicians and the scientists become the business sharks cashing in on disaster. "Futures" markets even speculate on terror(ism).

Suppose Mayans are right and there is something like a comet impact, maybe a pole shift, all this speculation about a position in the Milky Way, approaching a galactic equator and a black hole being close, exact alignment w/ certain stars, even Einstein speculated about a dimensional/pole shift which would be half the planet catastrophic. Otherwise, I don't need to hear them tell me about ficticious sea-levels in the distant future unless they're gonna be straight w/ the general public -- is there a Planet X/Nibiru? What DON'T we know?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

That prize has just lost all credibility as any type of highly coveted award.
Just like when the Grammy was awarded to Milli Vanilli.

At least the price of KoolAid, an American product, just went up.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Global Warming IS a fraud. It is a natural phenomena that occurred years before we humans inhabited the Earth. At the creation of Earth, this planet was a molten ball. It cooled, eventually froze, and now it is warming up again.

We are told that a giant meteor hit Earth, created a Nuclear Winter that wiped out the Dinosaurs. Now we're (slowly) warming up again.

And people criticise Gore for AIT, heh.

Well done IPCC, and well done Gore.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am totally mind-boggled by the replies here. You can't be happy that a fellow American won the award, you have to off on the petty partisan BS.

Normally I would agree with you.
But I do need to point out that not every poster on this thread is an American.
Here is the thing and it has nothing to do with partisan politics .

I don't like being defrauded especially when my own government is going to take an active role in such a matter.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just want to take a second and applaud all those nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize!

FOR NOT DEMANDING A RECOUNT!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well there goes any creditability the Nobel Peace Prize has the UN is beyond a joke and Gore idea that humans are causing climate is a fraud. The so called Global Warming fraud and will bottom itself out but not before commerce has faced increased taxes and low income people have been effected the worst.

BINGO. I thought no higher of Al Gore after hearing he won the Nobel Peace Prize. I just thought lesser of the credibility of the prize itself.

Honestly, what has Al Gore done to actually help the situation of "global warming"?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

Trying to educate people.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Trying to educate people.

One could hardly consider it an education if he is lying can you? Al Gore is ‘Brainwashing Our Children’

[edit on 10/14/2007 by shots]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join