It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Open Letter, Muslims Seek Cooperation With Christians as a Step Toward Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

In Open Letter, Muslims Seek Cooperation With Christians as a Step Toward Peace

www.nytimes.com

Scores of Muslim clerics, theologians and academics issued an open letter yesterday to all Christian leaders saying the two religions need to work more closely together, given that they share the basic principles of worshiping one God and loving thy neighbor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
What this means?
Do we see an emergence of the moderate Muslim to reach out to the Christians as the fundamentalists on both side are been targeted as evils?
Why Muslims don send a letter to the Jews?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Moderates have been speaking out for ages. The media outlets do not report it though.

Speaking to Jews, you mean there's a Jewish Pope too? Only kidding.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I know that my question speaking to the Jew is a bit inconsistent as the Jew only represent a very small majority of the planet population.
But the Hebrew faith seems to regenerate much more disturbance in balance of religions then actually Hinduism or Buddhism.
I should have asked why Muslim don’t speak to the Hindu for example as they represents a very large portion of the planet population.
Has you have maybe seen on the news lately, Muslims and Hindus are really at each other neck in India.

Kacou

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Topic already up here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

can we redirect this post to the original?

Kacou

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Has you have maybe seen on the news lately, Muslims and Hindus are really at each other neck in India.

Before this thread gets closed, i would like to reply to this.

One of the reason why Muslims and Hindus in India are not getting along is because Muslims eat beef, an animal that Hindus consider sacred. For this, the Hindus have opposed to consumption/slaughter of beef in India by anyone.

top topics

join