It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshal: NH Tax Evaders (Ed and Elaine Brown) Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

U.S. Marshal: NH Tax Evaders (Ed and Elaine Brown) Arrested

www.breitbart.com

A couple convicted of tax evasion were arrested peacefully at their Plainfield home Thursday night after holing up at the fortress-like compound for months.

Ed Brown, 65, and his wife, 67, have claimed the federal income tax is not legitimate.
Ed and Elaine Brown were convicted on federal tax charges in January and refused to turn themselves in to authorities when they were sentenced in April to 5 years and 3 months in prison.

It was not immediately clear how they were taken into custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wonder how they were taken into custody.
Thier power and water were cut off. I think they are patriots for having made it this long.

My thoughts are with them.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
FoxNews - Police Arrest Convicted New Hampshire Tax Evaders Barricaded in Home Since January
Snippet:
The U.S. Marshal's office in New Hampshire says that convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown have been arrested at their home in Plainfield Thursday night without incident.

It was not clear how the couple were arrested. A team of deputy marshals took them into custody at about 7:45 p.m.

Earlier this year, officials cut power and telephone service in an effort to ratchet up pressure on the couple. The Browns said they hadn't noticed the changes, they can survive on generators and they have 103 wooded acres to keep warm this winter. Their home is on an isolated dirt road and includes a turret that offers a 360-degree view of the property and a driveway that is sometimes barricaded with sport utility vehicles.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I want to know how they were arrested. That question isn't being answered for what ever reason.

I doubt they just gave up. That would kind of deflate their cause.

But, I love that you can get arrested for not violating any law in this country. Isn't it great? That sure gives credibility and meaning to the oh so annoying saying "it's a free country!"

I also love how the Browns are being demonized in the media. It's not really obvious for those who know nothing about the situation, but it's obvious to us, or it should be. They don't present the Browns' story or reasoning in an unbiased way. They simply try to present them as criminals - or more appropriately for today's situation - terrorists.

Great day for the police state!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Apparently the Feds went in disguised as supporters, and busted them without incident.

www.wmur.com...

[edit on 5-10-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Apparently the Feds went in disguised as supporters, and busted them without incident.

www.wmur.com...

That's low and pathetic.

I hope their release is forced. They did nothing wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I tried to tell folks. I warned that the web sites were down in my area and to look out for trouble.

I tried.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I tried to tell folks. I warned that the web sites were down in my area and to look out for trouble.

I tried.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So they want illegals to get tax amnesty, while the government spends time and money to arrest American citizens for not paying theirs. I wonder how much money they spent on going after these people? Tragic!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You asked for eleboration? Eleborated here

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

The websites work fine....

Looks as if you came across a down server time and you're jumping to conclusions.

No offense

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Fox News says they found bombs, booby traps, weapons, and ammunition in the house.

Link

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
So they want illegals to get tax amnesty, while the government spends time and money to arrest American citizens for not paying theirs. I wonder how much money they spent on going after these people? Tragic!

Not only that but plenty of them are taking full advantage of services us taxpayers provide. Services that struggling single mothers can't even qualify for.

This guy is going to jail for exercising his rights as a US citizen. Of course they will probably take all his property as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
When US broke away from British rule for independence, it was because we opposed being over taxed. As irony would have it, we gained our independence, but kept the taxes.

My history teacher once told me that congress had sworn to only have one tax, if given the power to tax. Now we have taxes on everything from food to money left over for us from dead grandparents.

It wouldn't surprise me if 10 years from now, emails started being taxed too to make up for the financial loss of USPS ever since people got into emailing.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
When US broke away from British rule for independence, it was because we opposed being over taxed. As irony would have it, we gained our independence, but kept the taxes.

My history teacher once told me that congress had sworn to only have one tax, if given the power to tax. Now we have taxes on everything from food to money left over for us from dead grandparents.

It wouldn't surprise me if 10 years from now, emails started being taxed too to make up for the financial loss of USPS ever since people got into emailing.

You are a great American, and right on in respect to history.

The Income tax is illegal. It is a direct tax that is not apportioned to the people. We should be rioting at the doors to the jail where they are kept.. but I know nothing will be done.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is how our elite ruled federal government and the beneficiaries of the American tax deals with the unrulier sheep when they want to brake apart from the flock and start a revolution against the ruling forces of this nation.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No they aren't...

Originally posted by titorite

I tried.

As I pointed out in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are using the wrong URL... Of course you not going to see the websites, my question is; after demonstrating that they are indeed up, why are you still posting that they aren't?

p.s. I just checked again... They are still up.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

They already own his property and most of Americas, thats why we pay a property tax, the same with our cars, we don't own them...

Google "allodial title"

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The sheriff in the browns town sold them out, he could have protected them but he didn't, People change cant and wont be made form the top, it must be made locally, because that where all the power is, the Federal government has nearly no power within the several states what so ever.. read the Constitution for once...
get you sheriff's to kick the feds out of your counties and you are free of the IRS, FBI, BATF, ect ect ect...

He can do it and there isn't a thing they can do about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join