It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God of dead' sets sail

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Christ this thread gets creepier.

I totally missed the fact the exhibition is at the millenium dome in Greenwich so apologies Justyc. Maybe Greenwich is their solar center? Prime meridian after all.

15 November 2007 - 30 August 2008 the exhibition, 11 galleries too, round it up to 10 months total exhibition time, not sure where its off to after.

I still have to read those links above, the 36 stuff sounds.. lovely

I dont know why he looks to the right I did wonder that, maybe its to do with the sun again? the left eye of RA relates to the moon and feminine and the right relates to the sun and masculine etc.. just a thought. And domes are feminine too. Also he would have been looking toward Admiralty House, according to Google Earth. if that means anything.

Winston Churchill lived in the house while serving as First Lord of the Admiralty for two terms, 1911-15 and 1939-40. It now contains government function rooms and three ministerial flats (See: [1]), in which reside John Prescott, Margaret Beckett and Geoff Hoon.

Oh man... Osiris missing body parts just came to mind again. In front of Admiralty House there is Admiralty Arch..

An infamous feature of Admiralty Arch is its "NOSE". On the inside wall of the northernmost arch there is a small protrusion the size and shape of a human nose. There is little or no public information as to why it is there. The nose is at a height of about SEVEN feet, and would sit at waist high for anyone riding through the arch on a horse. Tradition holds that it is Napoleon's nose. It was to be rubbed by anyone riding through the arch. Admiralty Arch is a Grade I listed building. In 2000, the Cabinet Office moved into offices in the building, while maintaining its headquarters on Whitehall. It is also home to the Prime Minister's Strategy Unit. (See: [1])

Surely thats nothing and plain coincidence!?

Also Im noting 130 artifacts at the exhibition.. and as said before 130 years ago the ship carrying the obelisk capsized.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkieThe first thing that popped into my mind was the River Styx.

im not suprised - anubis was the egyptian original of the greek god hermes psychopompos who conducted the souls of the dead across the styx. they were often said to meet a dog along the way also.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Christ this thread gets creepier.

I totally missed the fact the exhibition is at the millenium dome in Greenwich so apologies Justyc. Maybe Greenwich is their solar center? Prime meridian after all.
----
I dont know why he looks to the right I did wonder that, maybe its to do with the sun again? the left eye of RA relates to the moon and feminine and the right relates to the sun and masculine etc.. just a thought. And domes are feminine too.
[edit on 5-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

but greenwich DOES count in solar time - solar time clock and gmt was originally all about solar time gmt wiki

you just reminded me of something else - you know what's over the road to the millenium dome? the biggest obelisk in the world! check the last picture out

actually domes and obelisks/phallic structures occur near to each other in several places around the globe only the london one is a bit more hidden.

some examples are ....
st peters basillica in vatican city

the pantheon in rome

washington monument

obelisk & dome in florence

2 obelisks, 2 domes, istanbul

obelisks originally were lain arranged in pairs with one being taller than the other

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet

Also Im noting 130 artifacts at the exhibition.. and as said before 130 years ago the ship carrying the obelisk capsized.

the pyramid on top of the canary wharf 'obelisk' is exactly 130 feet tall (771 feet total)

the building contains no 13th floor!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
to get canary wharf, you take the limehouse link train which goes from 'the isle of dogs'.

whilst looking up the isle of dogs, i came across this interesting thread ... subteranean cities

and this

additional info

additional info 2

[edit on 6-10-2007 by justyc]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hi Justyc, your a bloodhound on the info mate thanks for all that. Forgot about Canary Wharf being an Obelisk too. Im about to read that underground link.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interesting stuff there news to me! makes me want to jump on my bike and go have a look.

Just to add something of it to this page for passers by >

Now the interesting thing about the Isle of Dogs (that use to be known as north Greenwich) is that it can be considered as the spiritual centre of the British Empire - Greenwich being the centre of time and place for the world (Greenwich Mean Time and the Greenwich Meridian) Even more interesting, is that on the Isle of Dogs is a place called Mudchute, where there’s a park built like an ancient hill fort – here there is a staircase that leads to a cobbled circle, which is the exact centre of the aforementioned spiritual centre - where 2 of London’s most prominent ley lines intersect – It’s this centre that it's rumoured that Dee used to magically ferment the British Empire into being.

www.lashtal.com...

edit to add another piece why not >

Yes, I didn't know about the ley lines intersection, nor about the connection with Hernethe Hunter. Reading Iain Sinclair's Lud Heat he locates Anubis there, the Isle of the Dead. Obviously, because of the 'doggie' connection. He also links four of Hawksmoor's churches (St Alefege, St Anne, St George in East and Christchurch) with the four Necropolis goddeses Isis, Nephthys, Neith and Selkis. In fact the Romans and pre-Romans linked East of the city with the dead and there are several large burial grounds there. Just south of Greenwich is Blackheath named after the mass grave from the bubonic plague that struck England in the 14th C.

I visited IoD recently and have also done a photoshoot there. It is remarkable how the Isle is split in two now. The Financial Centre in the North with its obilisk Canary Wharf building and the South an enclave of working class residents from the days of the docks and before. On the main road delinating the south of the isle I came across a wall with a piece of graffitti which read: VENUS PASSES THE MOON. I immediatey thought of the old Huntress Diana - perhaps the connection with Herne still suffuses the soil?

Oh and one of your links just locks up my browser so I cant go there,

( check the last picture out ) that link.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
dusting off the cobwebs at the back of my mind, i remembered something i think i read years and years ago in the unfortunately short-lived but brilliant HOAX! magazine (could have been the fortean times but i think it was the hoax! mag)

it was about a group called 'the temple of isis' who had tried to claim canary wharf as a temple and they also they had a map of london with allsorts of interesting links/theories to buildings/places/ley lines around london.

they were a spoofy type organisation (ala KLF-style) and the only reference to them i can find is in this article

wish i still had all those hoax! issues though - they were funny

that link works fine for me but it takes a while to load - it was just a nice pic of canary wharf next to the dome anyway

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Zysin!!! Your threads rule!!!This is a great heads up thread!I will look into it further, my opinion is this is to be involved in occult rituals leading up to the events on Dec 24 2012. The division of time is there, literaly the split between the two towers, perhaps the ship will sail to the division of time?
DWT

[edit on 9-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As a student of Egyptian mythology for over 40 years, and a practitioner of the benign Magickal Arts, Anubis has always been one of my favorite deities. He is a Protector God, not a Destroyer God and is therefore a bening deity. The emphasis here should be that Anubis protects the dead, the place where they dwell and he also protects their tombs from being invaded and desecrated. He would be the Egyptian equivalent to the Christian Michael the Archangel or St. Peter, I believe. Anubis is not a deity who actually kills the dead, but simply protects them.

Whenever I have a loved one pass over, be they 2-legged or 4-legged, I ask Anubis's protection for their souls.
Protecting the dead and ensuring that they have a safe passage on their journey to afterlife is a good thing. Anubis is a benevolent deity.
This is why I don't think the NWO have anything to do with the exhibition of Anubis' statue. The NWO, I believe, has a poor understanding of mythology. They mix u deitiets, invent new ones and well, generally make a mish-mosh of the whole thing, as their compulsions, greed and blindedness get the best of them and they misunderstand exactly what deities do what.
It's one of those things that I see quite frequently where some group gets a "great advertising idea" (such as this one) and unwittingly do Magick. And even though they are doing it unwittingly, it's still Magick and has an effect. But this time, what they have done is call forth the Protector of the Dead, a benign entity that, IMO, is probably a much-needed thing in these troubled times, what with serial killers, child molesters/murderers, war, etc., the dead need all the help they can get in their journey to the Afterlife.

More info here:
www.thekeep.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
(smacks self on head)

need an astronomers help here....

greenwich is also famous for its observatory which is the exact point at which time is measured from more info here

it occured to me that anubis on the thames thing might be a reference to sirius (the dog star) and the milky way (which is likened to the nile and the thames).

do any astronomers out there know about where or when sirius might interact somehow (or not) along the milky way or any other way they might be connected?

(curiosly, nelson had a ship called sirius serving under him at the battle of trafalger, which occured on oct 21st 1805 info here )

anyway. i have tried with no success to find the movements of the anubis statue around london. the dome say they don't know anything and to contact the organisers of the event instead, which i did via the website comments form under the pretext of foreigner wanting to see the exhibition and statue so where was it going to be in london and when. you would think they would reply to such requests so if anyone in the uk can find another way of getting that info out of the organisers that might be useful

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Justyc - maybe you should post your question about the milky way and sirius on the space exploration forum and link them to this thread. You might get a few more hits from astromoners/astrologers to answer your question.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Found this page someone examining the layout of obelisks and other London monuments, nothing about our subject in particular but worth reading.

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Justyc I guess you noticed this bit from your wiki link?

HMS Sirius was a 36-gun fifth(5)-rate frigate

Well heres my latest edition to the mystery...

Anubis enters Trafalgar Square
1st october 2007

1st october events list-Wiki

818 years ago >

1st october 1189 - - Gerard de Ridefort, grandmaster of the Knights Templar is killed in the Siege of Acre.

The Siege of Acre was the most important event of the Third Crusade, lasting from August 28, 1189 until July 12, 1191, and the first time in the history of the crusades that the king was compelled to personally see to the defense of the Holy Land. It was also the deadliest event of the whole period of the crusades, for the Christian ruling class of the east.

3 days later >

Battle of Acre

On October 4- 1189. Saladin moved to the east of the city to confront Guy’s camp. The crusader army (which consisted of 7,000 infantry and 400 cavalry) under Guy stood its ground in front of Saladin’s forces. The Christian army consisted of the feudal lords of the kingdom, many smaller contingents of European crusaders, and members of the military orders; the Muslim army consisted of troops from Egypt, Turkestan, Syria, and Mesopotamia.

en.wikipedia.org...

October 4th 2007 Anubis moves to 02.

150 yo trafalgar square
150 years cape town club celebration - the 'owl club'

The Owl Club is a remarkable remnant of the Victorian period of Cape Town, South Africa, being a gentleman’s dining club formed in 1894 to provide a social meeting-place for those with an interest in the liberal arts and science. The members are entertained and informed by a strong tradition of excellent speakers and a high standard of music.
Members are designated as “Brother Owl” or Owl so-and-so. The first formal meeting of the Owl Club took place on 1 October 1894.

en.wikipedia.org...

Whose emblem is also the rose

St pauls Cathedral oddity >

When Christopher Wren rebuilt St Paul's (1675-1710) he aligned the new Cathedral not along the traditional East-West axis of the old cathedral, but 8 degrees off. The result was that St Paul's now 'points' directly to Temple church. Temple church was built in the 12th century by the Knights Templar. Suffice to say Christopher was a senior freemason and many freemasons claim their origins go back to the Knights Templar and beyond. Wren was also an astronomer and coded all sorts of astronomical data into the construction of St Paul's.

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

Not sure where Im going with any of this really just getting to know Londons layouts mainly. Interesting the 1st of october Templar stuff and the 3 days in between the events.

Just looking into 02 dome on wiki and I found out theres a 2007 film called FLOOD I never knew of.

Flood was filmed on location in London and South Africa. It is notable for the use of intricate production design and special effects in depicting famous London landmarks such as the 02, London Underground, Houses of Parliament. The film depicts a devastating flood which strikes London when the Thames Barrier is overwhelmed by a huge surge of water.

en.wikipedia.org...

Set in London and 'South Africa'? rang bells with the owl club earlier.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

good suggestion. ive now done that so hopefully someone might come up with something interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

i missed the 36 guns thing - good catch

where did you get the information that the statue was moved to o2 after trafalger square on the 4th? surely the person from o2 would have known if the statue was there already? also, all reports say it was travelling around london until the exhibition started in november. i still havent heard back from the organisers on the statue's whereabouts.

not sure on the cape town connection (a red rose is also the emblem of lancashire - war of the roses and of england itself) but the rising of sirius coincided with the flooding of the nile

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
lots of interesting bits of info in this thread i found, especially what happened on oct 4th 1582...

i need to go through it again when i'm more awake

[edit on 20-10-2007 by justyc]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
another connection one here

more coffeeeeeeeee

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh I was wrong there sorry I think I had 02 (water) on the brain
I meant to say 'moved on'. cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just found a video of Anubis going under the bridge and 1 at night at the square but i can never get the vid to show in this page, how do I use the youtube vid links?

ANUBIS vids

Some interesting comments there about the old Roman name for the Thames being the Thamsis? made me go and Wiki that.. not sure if its been brought up already tho.

The part of the Thames running through Oxford is often given the name the River Isis, although historically, and especially in Victorian times, gazetteers and cartographers insisted that the entire river was correctly named the River Isis from its source until Dorchester-on-Thames. Only at this point, where the river meets the River Thame and becomes the "Thame-isis" (subsequently abbreviated to Thames) should it be so-called; current Ordnance Survey maps still label the Thames as "River Thames or Isis" until Dorchester. However since the early 20th century, this distinction has been lost in common usage outside Oxford, and some historians suggest the name Isis—although possibly named after the Egyptian goddess of that name—is nothing more than a contraction of Tamesis, the Latin (or pre-Roman Celtic)name for the Thames.

en.wikipedia.org...

And your last link is deep Justyc I still gota look at that.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join