It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FreeMasonry - who can join?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
ljbako...

can I inquire why you were turned off by them? Just curious.

I think it really stinks that they won't let women in either. I'm a man by the way. Just wondering where that comes into play? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
ljbako...

was wondering that myself, after all you phone an organisation and request information, then get freaked out when they call back

I think it really stinks that they won't let women in either. I'm a man by the way. Just wondering where that comes into play? Thanks.

Freemasonry is a Fraternity ie a male society.

Women have their own branch of Freemasonry (sorority)

plus there are groups of co-masonry for men and woman combined.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
supposedly you have to ask to become a freemason, they can't ask you to join...you also have to believe in 'a' God.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
ljbako...

i think it was because i was scared and not ready for what was offered to me. Someday, maybe soon who knows, I would like to see for myself what freemasonry has to offer.

Bottom line is this: I want to know everything. So far Ive graduated top of my high school class (general education), gained a computer engineering degree and am on my way to achieving my juris doctorate in law. Im my spare time I relentlessly search for new knowledge about my surroundings. The secret societies of earth, which I believe do exist, have always intrigued me. At the point I was contacted, I was naive. Therefore, I didnt pursue the knowledge offered to me...as boring as that is, thats what happened....

LB

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
as a side note - if any freemasons are reading this and are willing to answer my questions, float me your email address and I will be in touch. I feel you have much to offer.... send me a U2U (whatever that is, i can get you an email address if you request it)

thanks

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by ljbako]

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by ljbako]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
You have to be 21 in the USA, but if your father was a Mason you can join at 18.

Varies from state to state. In California you can join at the age of 18 no matter who your father is.

You have to be 32 degree Scottish Rite, or the equivalent topped out degree in York Rite, to be a Shriner.

Not any longer, you can now join the Shrine straight out of Blue Lodge (3�), unfortunate in my opinion

You have to be sponsored by two Masons to be considered.

You should have no problem there if you have a clean criminal record ie No Felonys and believe in a "Supreme Being". Minor infractions may be overlooked by the voting members but it only takes one no vote to keep you out.

Your best bet is to just go to the lodge in your neighborhood and talk to some of the members there, they will be more then happy to answer most of your questions.

K-Sol

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I may check out the temple one of these days.....since it's only right next door.

Has anyone ever been to the one in Wash, DC? It's a very nice building. Well, Thanks everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In answer to your question, "Who can join the Masons?" Virtually any man can join. Women cannot but they can belong to the Eastern Star (or Rainbow Girls if in high school). You must believe in God. Jews, Christians, Muslims and others belong. Atheists cannot belong. To belong, however, the Lodge to which you are applying must have a full vote on each applicant's membership. The purpose is take a good man and make him better. (I am familiar with all the anti-Masonry propaganda. I haven't found any of the negative comments to have any truth whatsoever.)

I am a Master Mason. My website is www.onealclan.com

Robert O'Neal

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie
can confirm that G Bush jnr is not a mason

no he's just a devil worshper

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Originally posted by Ozzie
can confirm that G Bush jnr is not a mason

no he's just a devil worshper

If not Satan himself

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Master Masons wouldn't know about the truth anyways, a large portion are to be left in the dark of the true ways of Mithra, that is the way.

Besides, do you know how long and tedious the process to get the blue lodge is?? after that people just give up and relax.. lol

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by boombye]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I recall my younger years (currently 34), my grandfather sat me down and talked to me about being Free Mason. Of course at the age I was (guessing 12, maybe year teens) he wanted to me understand what it was all about and get me to join. At that time, I can remember not being at all interested, but it seemed very important to him to join.

Of course after his death and gaining knowledge as I got older, this came back to me recently (maybe when I began on the forums) as to why he wanted me to join. Is acceptance into this group predicated on who in your bloodline was included.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The plain and simple fact, you're better off starting at the earliest age you can which is why he told u 6 years before you could've joined..See it is usually older men who join and don't have enough time in their life to get into the higher echelons of order..The youngest masons starting from 18+ usually by their 40s get to some pretty high places in the world(with no credit given of course) to the brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So, if I were to join, would having him as a previous Mason help me?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
as far as i am concerned, the bloodline itself must be of an important family in the history of man, like that of the merovingian line that ran out of france, so the answer would be "no", all the work he put it in was for himself as a better man, just work real hard at it and you'll be at S.C. sooner or later if lucky enough

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
2012, You and I both know that the Eastern Star is TOTALLY different than the Masons. I know a poo-paa Eastern Star, and she has never read Mathers,Ledbetter,Pike.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Eastern Star membership is open to Freemasons and their female relatives.
You don't have to be a descendent of a Freemason to become one, but obviously having a father or grandfather in the lodge where you apply doesn't hurt either.
Rainbow Girls is for teen female Masonic relatives.
De Molay is for teen male Masonic relatives.
Each state's Grand Lodge sets the membership requirements, but it is universal that you must be male, of good character and believe in a Supreme Being.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Simply put, in the UK, you must be:

"A just, upright and free man, of mature age, sound judgement and strict morals".

Thats it.

B

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vamelungeon
...Rainbow Girls is for teen female Masonic relatives.
De Molay is for teen male Masonic relatives...

In California a Masonic relation is not required for membership in either DeMolay or Rainbow for Girls. It is, however, a requirement for membership in the Job's Daughters.

K-Sol

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well I just paid my $55 and filled out the application to join and the secretary showed me around. One of the requirements was for me to know 3 mason's from my area. well I told him I did not and he told me not to worry and he would be one and he would introduce me to two others that I can talk to and they would vouch for me. I had to give 3 male references as well . now im just waiting for them to contact me next week.

As far as being a convicted felon or having a past criminal record. How would they know? I was not asked on the application .. Im sure they don't do a background check on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join