It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FreeMasonry - who can join?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexusAtom
It also asked if I ever was affiliated with a group that's purpose was to overthrow the government.

Well I must say I find that incredibly interesting. Would I be correct in assuming that it would not be looked favourably upon if yes was answered to that particular question?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am a mason and I have always wondered if a KOC could join?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Richardfromoxford

Why are we digging up year -plus old threads? (Several on this board).
Thats kind frowned upon on this site...orI could be wrong....

[edit on 7/16/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Pretty sure it's to build up the points necessary to post a thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yeah, good eye ! Lets watch and see, shall we?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Mr Richard from Oxford, how many posts would you like or need to record tonight? Got enough yet?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think a lot of freemasons are very conflicted, especially as they reach the higher levels. For example, you can see some of this in the posters here. (I am a new poster but I've been lurking for a long time). A certain unnamed friend of mine who happens to post here very frequently is a 96-degree Memphis Misiriam adept and very high (i.,e. head of a national council) of his group. But I know he feels something is "not quite right" about it and I would wager it keeps him up at night.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I've got enough guys! Although that wasn't what I was trying for.

What is the 96 degree? I maybe new, but not ignorant and unlettered in masonry history? what is that?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What lodge bro and where is it?
I'll try to help.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Richardfromoxford
I've got enough guys! Although that wasn't what I was trying for.

What is the 96 degree? I maybe new, but not ignorant and unlettered in masonry history? what is that?

Officially there are only 3 degrees to Masonry, ending with degree-number-three. However, the Scottish and York rites include higher degrees for those who wish. Scottish rites run to 33rd-degree. There are other "Rites" that offer even higher degrees but not all freemasons accept them. Memphis Misriam was founded I think over 200 years ago and its always been a controversial part of the Masonic structure, with some refusing to acept its validity. This one runs to 99 degrees and has been accussed of "degree-peddling": i.e., exploiting Masons by simply squeezing money out of them so they can get a pretty collection of titles and medals. Its worth noting, however, that both Garabaldi (Italian Revolution leader) and Napoleon were involved with Memphis-Misiram right, and this rite acquired a slightly unsavory reputation for alleged activities during the french revolution. Still, it persists, although many Masons consider it "Irregular" or "unorthodox" freemasonry. They also have a slightly unsavory reputation and their names come up a lot in connection with NWO and conspiracy theories.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks....

I have been a mason for only a year and haven't had the time or energy to join the other bodies yet...I'll look into it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This phrase sounds really familiar to me....
Have I heard this before?.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Rich, y'know you can post in other forums right?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yes...like I said it's been a while since I've been on...I used to be very active...

and as far as being active in masonry...I'm in law school...I'm glad I'm still breathing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Can you at least remember what lodge you are a a member of, and what city or town it's in? College is hard, but i did it. Take a breath !

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I sent you a u2u...

Law school might as well have a pledging period and 3rd degree added into it...

did the u2u go through?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Who? To Me? I got nothing. Why a U2U instead of a response here? For some one who just registered hours ago, you know a lot about U2U. Why not answer here? We're all friends, it's free game, is it not?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I used to be on here...long story short my email account was deleted by my school...my old name was Boonepanic...

I am a member of Stokes Lodge 32 in NC...

u? I didn't want to muddle the thread with our lifestories...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Wow, me too !
My school deletes my stuff all the time ! That sucks when they do that, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Where are you a mason at?

I take it that you are...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join