It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ослабленный и уязвимый < > Weakened and Vulnerable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

There may be no need for attack on the USA from these nations, if the military is spread thin, involved in several war fronts, and faced with terrorist attacks at home that lead to economic collapse, civil unrest, any measurable loss of government or the ability for the US to govern the nation and sustain the Military, the United States fall will be quick, relentless and perhaps unstoppable, the impact and effects will be global but could lead to defeat and retreat from all war fronts and from the world stage all together, survival as a nation may be the only priority at that point. Russia and even China may not need to fire a single shot to achieve world dominance and top super power status.

The USA could retaliate with Nukes, but against who and why?

How many times have you heard the current administration say "Defeat is not an option"?

Heil Bush!

[edit on 29-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

You are speaking for a lot of people my friend. Check out this article, and it will shed some light on what is going on.

www.revolution2008.net...

This is my website, but I got this article from somewhere else, it's on there, but anyway I did not write it, but it is very valid in this conversation.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

You are speaking for a lot of people my friend. Check out this article, and it will shed some light on what is going on.

www.revolution2008.net...

This is my website, but I got this article from somewhere else, it's on there, but anyway I did not write it, but it is very valid in this conversation.

I liked the article very much, it deserves its own thread, because it seems off topic here.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Your country's nuclear weapons are in their places ready to be fired. No invasion can occur, no matter what happens

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hmm. How typically American to always be looking for an enemy. It seems to be a natural thing for you guys to do - a national pastime almost.

Whislt I understand the roots of your cold-waresque paranoia, I can't share it.

But....

I have studied taoist philosiphy. The central principle of the philosiphy is that of Yin and Yang, natural opposites, and balance.

The US may be the Yin, or the Yang, but its not both.

Which then made me wonder - the cold war broke the USSR. But was the breaking of the USSR enough? In order to have a natural balance the other side of the equation may need to break as well.

So maybe the current state of things isn't some nasty masterplan. Maybe its a natural occurence. Either way round there are testing times ahead

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

This notion that there will be an 'invasion' or attack means you must have the wrong impression, It is about the fall from world lead super power status, a kind of self destruction of what once was thought indestructible.

No one will need to invade, for the Russians and perhaps even the Chinese having the USA significantly weakened and vulnerable will be good enough.

I challenge you to read through the thread again, perhaps review my posts. Some rather interesting and diverse member responses as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

We have troops all over the place like South Korea that can be moved when needed. Two nukes in the United States go off and Just about every country in the Mideast will be wiped out from our response with plenty left to deter China and Russia. There is no way in this world that Russia and China could invade the U.S. and be successful, We would slaughter them. They may get here but I promise you they will die here. Most Americans native or not would fight to the death for our country. How can you beat 10 let alone 50 million Americans with guns on our home turf. You have not saw terror till you try to invade this country. Boy and would they piss off the Mexicans taking their jobs away like that. Lets see China and Russia against U.S. Mexico and Canada. I think we win

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Not unless they use their nukes on us.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
reply to post by pai mei

This notion that there will be an 'invasion' or attack means you must have the wrong impression, It is about the fall from world lead super power status, a kind of self destruction of what once was thought indestructible.

No one will need to invade, for the Russians and perhaps even the Chinese having the USA significantly weakened and vulnerable will be good enough.

We Americans will pull through, We are slowly seeing Americans demanding American made goods and we could build a war machine like no other if we had to just like we did in WWII. I wouldn't mind if someone took out the corrupt politicians so we could live in peace though.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

That would be the ballgame because they would be toast too.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Whoever nukes the other country first has the advantage since they could knock out the other's silos and radars which would literally cripple that country's ability to retaliate.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm. How typically American to always be looking for an enemy. It seems to be a natural thing for you guys to do - a national pastime almost.

Whislt I understand the roots of your cold-waresque paranoia, I can't share it.

But....

I have studied taoist philosiphy. The central principle of the philosiphy is that of Yin and Yang, natural opposites, and balance.

The US may be the Yin, or the Yang, but its not both.

Which then made me wonder - the cold war broke the USSR. But was the breaking of the USSR enough? In order to have a natural balance the other side of the equation may need to break as well.

So maybe the current state of things isn't some nasty masterplan. Maybe its a natural occurence. Either way round there are testing times ahead

Please stop generalizing Americans, other countries have no idea what "typical" Americans think, feel or believe because the "typical" American is not on the nightly news. Our politicians, our goverment have failed us but they DO NOT typify the average American.

Most Americans are not looking for the enemy, we are not out to take over the world.
Most Americans are working 40-60 hrs a week to keep a roof over their heads, keep food on the table, gas in the tank and provide for their families. We are not rich, we are surviving, most live hand to mouth, scraping by, worrying each month how to pay the electric bill.
We love our families, we love our children, we work hard to keep them safe and happy. We do not have the time or energy to look for enemys or to plan the next invasion.
The average American is a month away from poverty, a paycheck away from being homeless, has constant stress, has sleepless nights worrying how they are going to get throught the month.
Please believe me, esp. those who may be from other countries, the real American's are not the evil overlords, the real American's only want to love their families and continue to strive for their pie in the sky.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Most Americans are not looking for the enemy, we are not out to take over the world.

Most Americans do NOT care, perhaps that apathy in the end will be our greatest enemy.

The day Americans will rise up with total unity will likely be the day all is lost and the once greatest nation on the planet is scrambling for survival against a new era, a new superiority, supremacy and world economic domination.

The Russians will watch with all of this with other nations in anticipation of the day they can declare the United States of America is no longer the world leader and top superpower, reduced by its own lust for war, economic domination and military supremacy, left vulnerable and defeated.

The future that once belonged to us, just a dream lying dead in the battlefields of a thing once called the 'war on terror' that became much more.

Then again, perhaps its not too late to change course?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No one nation in the history of the world has been able to combat or occupy the whole world. Americans seem to think we can, but there is no #ing way. We would get our ass's handed to us. If it werent for fear of my family being harmed by a foreign military and I knew our corrupt government would be the only ones to suffer Id say bring it. Ill welcome them with flowers and songs (or whatever bull# Bush said the Iraqis would do for us). Numbnuts bush.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Once again I think apathy plays a part but I believe the reality is that we are essentially powerless. Yes in numbers we could and would carry a great deal of power but we would also need a huge number of Americans to effect change.
In my heart I believe that we all care, every single one of us truly cares most just feel defeated, useless. Just dealing with the government on a local level is exhausting, taking on the federal government seems impossible.
Even when individual average Americans want to get involved or make a change they have to jump thru hoops to even get a human being to answer a phone, after exerting all that time and energy to only keep chasing your tail is defeating.
In the mean time we still have to deal with just living, if you have a family/children we have to continue living x's 2,3,4,5 etc. And I dont know about everyone else but it seems like at least once a month some sort of crisis happens in my or my families lives that takes my full attention for a period of time, lately it has been once a week or more. I have 3 children ages 9,4 and 3 all of my time and energy is taken up with taking care of and providing for them, taking on the federal government is impossible for me at this time. All I can do is talk or type, spread some truth around, support individuals who can make a difference, use my brain, question all and teach my children about true freedom.
I am not saying that we are all perfect and that any and all actions should be excused. We are all a little selfish, lazy, stingy, apathetic, etc. but I do believe, I HAVE to believe, that we all have a soul, that we are all basically good and that we all do care.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me the scenario where America was stretched and the Russians invaded.

Military weakened? Probably, but then most of the burden are taken by ground forces, not the Air Force nor the Navy has expended much of its strength. So the likely scenario that Russia and other countries would involve itself military fight against the U.S. is ruled out. More covert perhaps, maybe an economic war is more plausible. Remember that the U.S. and the Soviets never fought each other during the Cold War and hasn't since post-Cold War.

Besides America was weakened during the Great Depression as well as many recessions back in the 19th, 20th and 2st century right after th 9/11 attacks. This one is no different, its not the end for America and won't be so soon. Many Americans won't allow it.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Please stop generalizing Americans, other countries have no idea what "typical" Americans think, feel or believe because the "typical" American is not on the nightly news. Our politicians, our goverment have failed us but they DO NOT typify the average American.

Time to reign them in then?

Russia
China
Vietnam
Iraq
Iran
North Korea
Cuba
Venuzuela
Syria
Afghanistan

All picked out directly as "the bogeyman" at one time or another.

Read the boards. There is a xenophobic distrust of Mexicans and Europeans that shows its face an awful lot. Alot of US posters seem to see the middle east as a cesspit. The amount of scorn and derision poured on other countries by US posters who seem to feel superior is huge.

In fact, if you used internet messageboards as an indicator, like they do in exit polls and tv viewing figures, then the conclusions drawn about the USA are not very good indeed, judging by the representation.

I'm afraid thats where the "generilasation" comes from. It may or may not be the case, but thats how it breaks down.

[edit on 29/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Once again I think apathy plays a part but I believe the reality is that we are essentially powerless.

Ironically that is perhaps the greatest form of apathy many Americans give in to. Thinking that we are powerless is just another way of saying there is nothing I can do about it anyway. Alone we are basically powerless, together we have done great and many amazing things. If we have lost that then it should come as no surprise to you and anyone who reads this, that we are where we are now and more importantly where we as a nation are headed.

The fall will not be nearly as painful as hitting the bottom, if we let it happen.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Time to reign them in then?

Russia
China
Vietnam
Iraq
Iran
North Korea
Cuba
Venuzuela
Syria
Afghanistan

All picked out directly as "the bogeyman" at one time or another.

O I'm sorry it seems that many of those countries got themselves being on America's bogeyman list in the first place. After all who started the Korean War for example...surely wasn't the U.S. And still the war is not even over yet as of right now. What about North Vietnam's invasion of the South? But then U.S.-Vietnam relations has been good since post-Vietnam war aka America's war by the Vietnamese, so you can take that off the list. Chuc ma may.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No country is going to be stupid enough to invade our nation, but they are going to play a new game.

We are going to see a new wave of countries standing up to our nation and questioning our nation's motives around the world.

This is going to undermine our nations ability to have control over nations of interest like in the middle east.

Nations are going to star separating from the US and forming their own alliances.

It was just a matter of time and we have made this possible when we gave China the opportunity to become a growing economical superpower, now Russia have somebody to have something in common.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join