It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars" - A Must Read Article For ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Asimov, yes, I remember a little.

He also coined the three laws of robotics that dictate a two class society workers and leaders

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

In his story Liar, at first he pens that lying to people is a necessary way to obey the first law. Only after the revelation that lies can cause more harm then good, did he question this idea, he left it unresolved with a total breakdown of the robot in question.

Does this fit the analogy of societal control today also?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Redge777,

I don't believe that lying is "necessary" under any condition, particularly when the net result will or may cause harm. The use of the term "necessary" supposedly denotes a required condition for something else to be the case.

In Asimov's robot quandary concerning the 1st Law, the robot was making an assumption that by lying he could keep a human from being harmed. This line of logic on his part was predicated on his programming to keep humans from harm, but his analysis that it was a "necessary" condition was flawed, thus he shut down, because he was unable to rectify the apparent flawed logic. The flaw came in at the beginning of the analysis when the robot assumed his actions to be"necessary".

As far as this may apply to today and how populations are "shocked" and "tested" or "steered" by events that are real or created. The process of lying to us is always considered "necessary", because the Individuals responsible for the testing don't recognize us true, free and equal individuals. We are viewed as a "necessary" evil to be used and manipulated for their pleasure or gain.

I allude to Asimov originally, because the Foundation series of books relates to a branch of science called "psycohistory" with very involved socio-economic and psychological formulations which were used as predictors of human behavior on a Macro scale. The formulas didn't consider "individual" behavior very accurately at all.

I can only hope that a virulent strain of "American Individualism" still exists on this continent and will somehow triumph over the programmed assault on individual freedoms and the hopes and aspirations of the "down trodden".

Globalism is a Pox on Free Men and Women all over the planet. Precisely because it smacks of "elitism" and a "self-appointed and self-anointed" separate superior class. There is no such genetic strain on the planet that I'm aware of. We are still all able to produce viable young regardless of social standing or caste. The last time I checked, this means that biologically speaking we are all the same "genus and specie".

I believe, rather idealistically, that the true spirit of freedom still smolders in the hearts of "freemen" all over the planet and that they will persevere to the end to be free and pass that on to their progeny. This of course will mean disturbing the status quo and breaking a large number of glass houses.

I have a feeling that our manipulators are over-playing their hands and that this will eventually lead us all down a path of re-birthing a new world. Albeit, not the world they envision. It will be messy for a while, but we are reaching critical mass. I'm not sure what it will look like when it's over, but it's not going to be the easily controlled little beehive these clowns are reaching for. It's going to raw and real and it's going to open for the stout in heart to take advantage of.

"Keep Your Powder Dry!"

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ding Ding Ding

Earlier we had the OP document of unknown origin, but we found that it pointed to 1954 as year of origin

Then we find the Hoover executive commission. That commission had 23 task forces in different areas of government also 1954

At the same time guess what stared. According to released documents from the CIA, MKULTRA, drugging hypnosis and behavioral modification techniques began on US Citizens 1953 , (although BLUEBIRD, its smaller predecessor started in 1950.)

This document actually list the amount of sub programs within MKULTRA
www.theblackvault.com...
They discuss the use of prostitutes in safe houses with 2 way mirrors, this is in relation to an agents attempt to understand society and culture. Note that MKULTRA is stated as behavior modification, this seems to lean into the accusations of the program of using blackmail and drug distribution to the sub culture of the lower class. pg58

Also this a subproject form 1953-1965 which was a sub project of MKULTRA, and therefore made to handle behavioral control, it seems this included a full society level. pg 59

Senator Kennedy - Could we go into the Human Ecology Foundation and talk about that and how it was used as an instrument in terms of the support of research
Mr. Gittingee - Yes sir
Senator Kennedy - Could you describe it to us? Could you describe the Human Ecology Foundation, how it functioned and how it worked?
Mr. Gittingee - May I tell something about how it evolved, which I think is important
K - Sure
G - The Society for the Investigation of Human Ecology, so-called, was actually a-- I am confused here now as to weather I should name you names.
K - Well. we're not interested in names or institutions, so we prefer that you do not. That has to be worked out in arrangements between Admiral Turner and the individuals and the institutions. But we're interested in what the Foundation really was and how it functioned and what its purpose was.
G - Well, it was established to undertake research in the general area of the behavioral sciences. It definitely had almost no focus or interest in , say, drug-related type of activities except in a very minor way, because it was largely set up to attempt to gain a certain amount of information and to fund projects which were psychological, sociological, anthropological in character. It was established in the sense of a period of time that a lot of us who are in it wish we could do it over again, but we were interested in trying to get together a panel of the most representative high level behavioral scientist we could, to oversee and help in terms of developing the society for the Investigation of Human Ecology type of program.

There is a blurp about a "Psychological Assessments Foundation" also, going to have to run that down.
Were they layered over the committee report? Either way MKULTRA started the same time as the OP article, and was about behavior control of societies. Using drugs, hypnosis, and physiological weapons.

We have another wide ranging use of societal science for behavioral science at the same time. This seems to be a interesting time in controlling the population.

articles with more info
www.theblackvault.com...
www.wanttoknow.info...

The second link includes ways you can obtain documents through freedom of information act if you wish.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Agreed. It is very likely derivitive. Even if the origins of SWFQW are suspect, both Cooper and Van Dyke ran in all the right circles to be familiar with the techniques and purposes of the government. All this garbage has the same purpose - a means of manipulation and control to the government's end. Its all wrapped up neatly together.

It all really makes me ill. Further, it's disturbing that even on ATS there are not more members discussing this and talking about how to get the word out, which is really the only way to break the back of the information machine.

Let's just talk about a couple of topics near and dear to the hearts of most ATS members. Aliens/Disclosure and Christianity. Make no assumptions about my positions, they are neither here nor there.

However, there are so many stories and theories (memes) out about these two topics. If members would take time to read SWFQW, it would really help them sort through all of the disinformation. One really needs to understand the psychological forces at work in order to understand where the PTB might be leading the people on a particular topic. Make no mistake - they are leading people to certain conclusions for one reason or the other. It will serve their purposes. Same thing with Iran, Avian Flu and Global Warning. Any issue.

Now, Redge, you are very good at connect the dots. Connect the dots between all of the memes surrounding Aliens, Rapture and the warning from D4rk Kn1ght. Sorry, I am assuming you are familiar with that infamous ATS tale.

The PTB could very easily seize control of the entire planet with some hyped-up, post-apocalyptic, Rapture-like, pseudo-Alien, Project Blue Beam spectacle. Why? Because people are crazy for the "idea" of Aliens. And Rapture. Half would be scared to death of the Aliens and would not resist any effort by the government to consolidate power as a means of defense. The other half would be so overjoyed at the coming Messiah they would be absolutely complacent waiting to go "home".

I know it may sound far-fetched but I don't think it is. The cultural mythology surrounding these two phenomenon is huge and emotional. The people are ripe for the picking because they have been fertilized by informational bulls__t.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

There is one thing that is certain to me, we are in a battle of light and dark. How you frame this is to the individual, I have framed this of the truth of love that is my saviour Jesus Christ, not the hate perpetuated as Christianity on the evil controlled media.

The rapture, the end times, they do not concern me, even in that dogma, some must be left behind to carry on the truth of the laws of love, so if the end be a removal of those the lord has destined as his, I ask to stay through the fire to spread the truth of light an love. He will never forsake me, so weather here or there I am still his, protected and guided by the light of love.

You asked for connecting the dots, my mind has done that long ago, it is the truth that evil can not be fought with evil, for that is only joining the cause of evil, assimilation, capitulation and compromise. We must endeavor to live in love and truth.

Whatever we are told, we still can choose, and if we choose for light then we prevail. To warn of the deceptions of those in darkness and their means, the methods of secrecy, lies, and hate. We expose this knowing. It does not matter what they do, they have no power over us. If we can glean the truth of what we should do, simply not fearing, not faltering, and stand with the voice we are taught, truth and love, we accomplish all that anyone can ever hope to accomplish, living, loving and being both a student and a source.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

well isnt that nice of the government to use us as guini pigs to do their experiments on?the pricing of gasoline has got me down to driving on average 1 trip in 3 months-------almost ready to get rid of our 2 cars we dont need anymore------and if they keep on jacking up electric bill rates----we might generate our own power or move to another country with a warmer climate---if the mexicans want to freeze their butts off here and our government wants them instead of us-----see ya.our government has already lost me as being excited about them ----i'm 60 and have never voted and never will-------there's no one honest enough to endorse.we buy groceries that are reduced or on sale now--------we hardly buy a thing at its "regular price"if we have to go without------we'll go without.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yet another example of how easily influenced we all are by information and data. Again, the point being we are even likely to believe differently than what we have personally observed. It's really ridiculous.

Gossip more influential than truth:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now imagine what happens when there is a method and purpose to it. A contrived effort to make you think a certain way so you will act in a certain way. Be skeptical of everything except your own experiences and observations, unless there is scientific or sound evidence otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Everybody, guests and members, EVERYBODY needs to copy the link on OPs 1st post and paste it in the subject of an email and send it off to at least 20 of your closest friends and family.

I am up for an Email campaign as well.........one can only hope folks will pay attention and read it and talk about it, and send it on......

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Emailing, posting in comments and linking from other sites is a good idea, anyone can do that, just keep a notepad file with the link and a little note about it as a desktop shortcut for easy cut and pasting.

Remember to spread the word in person to family and friends also, most on the Internet are more informed. We must reach those that only watch fox news also.

Speak and be heard.

Also another thread with an ABC 1979 documentary about CIA MKULTRA activities started in 1954. A few clips of hearing in congress for those that think MK is only a CT
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have the yahoo Email system and usually love it.....

The WIERDEST thing I have ever run into in sending an Email is going on for me now. I am trying to send out a link to this thread to my family and friends and it just will NOT go anywhere I am getting an ERROR IN THE TO FIELD message.........so then I change the Email to be a direct link to the OP's original link to the papers.....and this is NOT working either
Yes I have even addressed it to a completely different group of family and friends to make sure I am trying this every which way I can.............

So next I have just sent the link to myself so that I can then just forward the Email, and YES it came to me.......but it will NOT let me forward it to anybody else.....
I wonder if SOMEHOW I am being monitored in my Email close enough that I am being stopped from sending this info on to anybody else at all?????
This is so weird........

[edit on 18-10-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Well I doubt it is monitoring, my guess would be the email clients between you and your friends marked it as spam so it would be censored. This is being done for a few sites now. PrisonPlanet on Myspace I think is one.

Try mailing a link to another ats thread. If that works, then it is really interesting, may have to set up forwarding.

Go to tinyurl.com put the link in there, it will give you a new link, this might get by an email spam catcher assuming that is the problem, alternately put a blog site to auto forward to this thread, then mail link to that blog thread.

Also try mailing it out from online email like yahoo if you have not tried that already. Just a few guesses. Basically just some ideas.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A guy on another thread found this, it is a foundation geared to creating propaganda.

www.scl.cc...

thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

In regards to the first link - unbelievable!. I mean I guess after this thread no one should really be surprised at anything, but to think that there is a group of people that wake up each day and knowing go to work to manipulate society is pretty effing frightening.

About the other thread, I guess the jury is still out. It seems to me that the campaign would be squawking about it if it was an actual effort at censorship. You could not pay for publicity that good.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I liked this trailer for a Alex Jones doc, its not on Google yet so I haven't seen it, but this has a quote, "it is entirely possible for a person to not be behind bars, end yet still not be free"

This not meant to be an ad for Alex Jones, I disagree with some of his points, but he has done some good things also. Either way the points in the clip I agree with.

Please lets not turn this into pro/con Alex, unless it is to comment on the things said in this clip, quotes and such.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just skimmed some of the material posted herein and I can only utter two words: HOLY CRAP!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
whew..........

My UBER paranoia has calmed down, as today I was able to get it forwarded off to my Email people........
so a good 100 or so folks have now gotten this link as food for thought.

None of them are actual ATS folks as I never see the need to hook up my ATS pals with ATS links...........that would just be redundant of me IMO.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Thats great, ATS might get some new members, and possibly we will get new perspectives and thoughts on the issue

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is evidence that ATS is using a silent weapon, controlling the search order of recent posts to put what they want people to see on top. Look at my post and screen shot on this page

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If there is a non nefarious reason for this I ask ATS to explain it. Is this one of the many ways that what we see is managed to disinform the public? Is this a silent weapon?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Man you are ingenious Redge!

I do think there is a reason, but I don't know if you or others would consider it nefarious: Marketing

I have noticed this before, it usually happens with the ATS generated threads such as ATS Mix. I believe the one you linked to is just such a thread. For instance, yesterday, the ATS Mix thread about "Why more Christians did not participate" was kicked to the top of the forum board without any new posts in it. They are trying to draw attention.

I don't mind this technique being used on the Forum Board itself with regard to Board Questions or ATS related threads, but it should definitely NOT be used on the average thread. For instance, kicking something up to the Hot Topics page under "most flagged" or "most views" or whatever -just make ATS look more appealing or control the flow of ideas. That would definitely bite.

Maybe you should start a new thread about this Redge, in the Board Questions Forum. I am sure many members, such as myself, would like to have an answer to this question.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

My point is it is done without disclosure. I do not claim nefarious if they just give the reasons for actions that happen behind the scenes that control information flow.

They should honestly speak of what they do, so that when it is seen they do not have issues of credibility. If they promote certain ideas or threads they should say that up front.

Openness of method is transparency, and is the way to earn respect, if things that go against the presumed claimed action, "most recent post" are done behind the scenes, then this, in my view, should be exposed, to illicit explanation.

Edit:
In another thread they said that ATS threads are commonly bumped to keep users aware of content of things such as ATSMix

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join