It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
oh this bar was so cool. It had a future theme designed by "Mobius" a Heavy Metal artist. Untill something happened between Sony and Mobius over a tv show called Air Tight Garage. This arcade and bar was designed after the show and changed names to Portol One a game that was in the Bar/Arcade. But, a new arcade that wasn't as cool opened up next door. Say good-bye to the bar and arcade. I heard they are reopening it.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I didn't say anything. Someone else said radio and I sang a song by Roger Waters.

however after leaving pink floyd, roger waters first released Albumn was Radio Chaos I think.

Looked it up, it was second albumn, I would guess the song came from it.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I always thought this was the invert of the raised fist.

Look it also is V! and many see it as Victory!

and of coarse the usually used half hand hand sign of the blessings of Jesus Christ.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

-John Lennon

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Your post, John Lennon's song, is the teachings of Christ, for if we all did as the song says, there would be no hell, and it would be heaven, The heaven of no darkness, no fear, no doubt. All living together as one.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on 5-10-2007 @ 02:57 PM

My apologies for being late to the party, I've been buried with our world domination er Company expansion plans.

I would like to join the welcoming committee for Scott, I think this is a match that will produce lots of remarkable and fascinating content for all to read, think about, hopefully learn something from and most of all enjoy.

Springer...

I caught this on the 'Welcome to Scott Creighton" forum.

Exactly a month before V day too

Fuel for the (bon)fire.
I'll bring marshmallows, you bring the Fawkes.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

Aha!Thank you much.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
however after leaving pink floyd, roger waters first released Albumn was Radio Chaos I think.

Radio K.A.O.S.
All of his post floyd work is stellar. Seriously. If you dug Floyd in the Dark Side/Animals/Wish You Were Here days, check out Waters' work. Amused to Death, Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking and Radio KAOS (LEaving Beirut is a two songer that's real good too) are all stellar.

Back on track.

John Lennon promoting the teachings of Christ? Wasn't Lennong the one who said the Beatles were bigger than God? He also penned this one:
GOD
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I'll say it again
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
Yeah pain
Yeah

he then goes on to list all the things he doesn't believe in.

God is on that list.
so are beatles.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No John Lennon did not promote the teachings of Christ. Although what he sings of in that song, and others, IS the teachings of Christ. Many people only hear the "we must convert, even through war and inquisition side of Christianity. The Big 'R' Religion.

I believe following Jesus is, simply put, love God, love your neighbor. Many Christians think no more big 'R' Religion would be a good idea. Just fellowship of many equals all gathering to give thanks to God for his love.

I believe John Lennon, did not have the opportunity to get to know Jesus, he just knew what you see in the history books and the media. It breaks my heart to say, many churches teach the doctrine of weath and prosperity. There are many Christians that follow his law of love first, but they don't make it on media often.

The exception to my statement is his belief in the 'self' over the divine.

Of coarse we all fail at times.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Has anyone been able to figure out what the words are in the first image and the possible meaning of the inverted fist/mask image posted by SO last evening?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

edit:clarity

[edit on 2007/10/6 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
"All we hear is Radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
All we hear is Radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio what's new?
Radio, someone still loves you! "

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That's the only word I think I see as well RADIO....

I thought it could be an optical illusion, so I stared at it for must have been 20 mins.

I don't know if it is an optical illusion because after the 20 mins,

I lost consciousness and just recently awoke from the induced sleep with the indentation of my keyboard keys all across my face.

"How long do these indentations usually last?"

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

On the subject of Roger Waters, His lyrics are very thought provoking. But his sound without Pink Floyd just doesn't do it for me. That melancholy sound with his lyrics was what was good.

I also never really liked their earlier albums, the one that is not a word, eragumby or whatever, and animals, really a Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall fan and that's about it.

The first radio play of Rogers without the band I thought was not good IMO, to much screaming. If his new stuff is mellower I will check it out.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
On the subject of the raised fist, everyone knows Guy Fawkes face is superimposed over it right?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I believe, the 5th of November is the day before Melbourne Cup day...

Seriously

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Maybe instead of a Web 2.0 we'll get a ATS 2.0?

or...

Maybe the revolution is a bad thing. Maybe we have been sold out by the higher ups into the shadowy hands of people that wish to have all in their pockets with no dissent. Their revolution started on 9-11 in NYC, but the official revolution will begin on the 5th with cries from the government politicians of "hunt the dissenters, they are evil!" The round up begins across the country and eventually spread to other nations. They take footage of the arrests, "trials" and executions of the traitors and put them up on websites so everyone can see, like propaganda films of the olden days. All done by the people for the people. The sheeple are safe now, you have nothing to fear from these geeks and book readers, their dead or being tortured for your safety. But, there are still others outside our reach, so dont get to comfortable. Even more people begin to get consumed into the fever and the flames of fear and hate. The voices of people from overseas begin to reverberate from recent memories. America the bully! Americans, their scum! America decides what is needed and what is best for those people across the oceans. Any patriot not in the military machine is used as labor to support the machine. America spreads the revolution to the "anti-US" nations that threaten our lands with their calls for peace and cooperation. Flags and national symbols stomped into the soft mud by the boots of the freedom fighters, the stars and stripes mark how far the revolution has spread and how many people have been liberated from the death grip of the intellectuals and free thinkers. Anyone caught doing anything to subvert the liberties that were graciously given to their nation by the US is sent off to "camps' for re-education to the ways of true freedom. Then .....

or....

I still hope its a magazine, the digital part...it could be accessed on online as well as be bought on the shelf.

[edit on 6/10/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Machine?

did you say machine?

Welcome my son
Welcome to the machine
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream
You dreamed of a big star
He played a mean guitar
He always ate in the Steak Bar
He loved to drive in his Jaguar
So welcome to the Machine
- Pink Floyd

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Elevatedone you are teasing me terribly.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Great song!

And on one of my many connect the unrelated dots, the song I posted on page 1 or 2 says, I walked out of the machinery

Solsbury Hill Peter Gabriel

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

"Oh the tangled web they weave"

What did the spider say to the fly?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join