It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Public Lynching of Orenthal James Simpson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
Most Whites, and Blacks..will agree that the OJ verdict is something that divides those 2 sets of people.

The above statement is true 'ONLY' to uneducated people. Sorry but you are SCREAMING ignorance in this thread.
Please read MirthfulMes above post a few times so you can be enlightened on what exactly went down with the OJ murder trial...........(he was NOT found innocent
he was found not guilty because of jury nullification)

[edit on 22-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I live in Arkansas and we have some really redneck folks here. I've heard people say that O.J. should have been set free because he killed a race traitor and a Jew, he didn't do anything wrong. He should be allowed to kill all the race traitors and Jews that he wants to kill.

As sick as that is, It's still just opinion. The world is full of opinion.

I think OJ is being rail-roaded on this one as well. He got off on the murder charge because he was rich. He bought the jury he needed to set himself free. That had nothing to do with race.

This time though, they are going to put him away for the charges he was found innocent on. They are going to make him pay, because the public believes he should.

He was found innocent in a court of law. He is still going to have to answer in the court of public opinion.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The thing that I like about all this, no matter what happens in the trial or whether it even goes to trial, is how frustrating it must be for Simpson. Right now, he's anguishing over what little importance his "stuff" has compared to the mess that he got himself into. You were out of control again, OJ. You just couldn't help yourself again, could you? Have fun, OJ--it's a beautiful life!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If we seek to Deny Ignorance, it is important to be accurate.

OJ is NOT facing life in prison. He is facing multiple charges, that could add up to his spending many years in prison if he is found guilty on all counts. As he is an old man, this could mean that he spends the rest of his life in jail. There is a difference.

OJ did NOT go into a shop to try and reclaim items stolen from him. He, and a group of armed associates, apparently burst into a Las Vegas hotel room and held people hostage at gunpoint. They took one person out of the room by force and at gunpoint. They planned this action beforehand. They planned the removal of items beforehand. They also took additional items that were in no way connected to Mr Simpson.

The 11 counts include two counts each of first degree kidnapping with a deadly weapon, robbery with a deadly weapon and assault with a deadly weapon as well as one count of conspiracy to commit a crime, conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon and coercion with a deadly weapon.

10 of these counts are federal crimes.

There is nothing Black or White about the event from a racial standpoint. There is an audio recording of the event. There is video from the Hotel putting them at the scene of the crime, before and after. There are eye witness accounts. There is the confession of one of his accomplices along with the naming of those involved. There is a significant amount of physical evidence along with Mr Simpsons OWN ADMISSION that he conducted a "sting operation" to obtain some items that he claimed to own.

A lawful person would have called the police to report that someone was in possession of stolen items and was about to sell said items. OJ and his crew apparently took the law into their own hands, and with guns drawn, committed several crimes. Lets allow the evidence to speak rather than make the supposition that race or prior problems are creating a bias.

* Edited for math correction

[edit on 22/9/07 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I didn't know whether I should post about OJ or not, but since the thread is started.

A guy has to ask "what in the hell is going on".

There are millions of illegals in this great land yet THEY take HIS passport. I mean, let's get real.

The court needs to take a breath of fresh air and then wake up and tell someone, forget OJ and his passport. Get all these non-Americans out of here.

The priority of the court system seems to be a little out of balance, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just a quick clarification on Kidnapping...

You DO NOT have to "forcibly take" anyone anywhere...

Courtesy Nevada Code of Law

1. A person who willfully seizes, confines, inveigles, entices, decoys, abducts, conceals, kidnaps or carries away a person by any means whatsoever with the intent to hold or detain, or who holds or detains, the person for ransom, or reward, or for the purpose of committing sexual assault, extortion or robbery upon or from the person, or for the purpose of killing the person or inflicting substantial bodily harm upon him, or to exact from relatives, friends, or any other person any money or valuable thing for the return or disposition of the kidnapped person, and a person who leads, takes, entices, or carries away or detains any minor with the intent to keep, imprison, or confine him from his parents, guardians, or any other person having lawful custody of the minor, or with the intent to hold the minor to unlawful service, or perpetrate upon the person of the minor any unlawful act is guilty of kidnapping in the first degree which is a category A felony.

2. A person who willfully and without authority of law seizes, inveigles, takes, carries away or kidnaps another person with the intent to keep the person secretly imprisoned within the State, or for the purpose of conveying the person out of the State without authority of law, or in any manner held to service or detained against his will, is guilty of kidnapping in the second degree which is a category B felony.

[1:165:1947; 1943 NCL § 10612.05]—(NRS A 1959, 20; 1979, 39; 1987, 495; 1995, 1184)

Code of Law

As you can clearly see, OJ's RECORDED comment, "Don't let anyone out of here" fully completes the requirements for the statute

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ehh "not guilty" and "innocent" are to close for me to make them different. Why does many court houses and legal documents say "guilty until proven innocent, in a court of law". I understand what you are saying i suppose..but the reality is that he was never convicted. If you would rather say that he's "not guilty" rather than innocent, that's fine..but let me ask this, do you think everyone who gets a "not guilty" verdict is also guilty of the crime they are said to have committed? Couldn't they have just convicted him if they thought they did it? Isn't it fair that he got off considering the complete incapability of the prosecution to handle the evidence, and put together a convincing case? The point is that, regardless of how people feel, he should have been allowed to live a normal life..free of accusation, as anybody who beats a legal charge should. However, OJ..more than any other celebrity for the most part..was ridiculed and accused, to this day.

Also there was the point about him trying hide this memorabilia..yes he might have had to do some things that resulted in him losing his possessions..but what choice did he have? Think he really wanted to pay 30 million after he wasn't convicted in court? I certainly wouldn't.

Lets take race out the equation. Do you all still think it's right that he's going be facing life in prison? And if i'm correct i heard that the kidnapping charge carries a life sentence by itself, could be wrong though. Now lets take race and the previous trial out of the equation. Is the justice that the court seeking still fair for the accusation?

Lets listen to the OJ tape (or what they let us hear of it) ebaumsworld.com...

Doesn't that news report seem biased? They play maybe 30 seconds of the tape, and surround it by the most biased commentary they can legally get away with. OJ says on the tape (keep in mind he didn't know he was being recorded) "I know mike took it.........i thought you were a stand up guy". The worst thing he says is "don't let anybody out of here". But he never said tie them up, beat them...furthermore, that comment is ambiguous. He could have ment simply block the door so nobody leaves while we work this out.

But why not release the parts leading up to that section? Why only release the part that makes OJ look bad? Because they are already trying to get people to think he's guilty. I'm sure there was a lot of tape before, and after, those comments. But Media will only play those sections because that is what makes OJ look like the bad guy.

I am pulling for the man. I don't think it's right that they have made him out to be some kind of psycho, who is just out to hurt everyone. He was never in any real trouble before the murder trial, and he stayed clean until they tried to frame him for this stuff.

And i can't blame him if he flees either, it's obvious he won't get a fair trial..and will probably plead to a steep sentence..or simply be convicted of the serious charges.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He could have ment simply block the door so nobody leaves while we work this out.

That is Kidnapping

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I don't think it's right that they have made him out to be some kind of psycho

Listen to the tape--he does that by himself.

And i can't blame him if he flees either,

He won't, but I wish he would. Then he'd be sure to get a nice long prison sentence, which is what all cold-blooded murderers deserve.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry...

Ehh "not guilty" and "innocent" are to close for me to make them different. Why does many court houses and legal documents say "guilty until proven innocent, in a court of law".

But when I read the above I realize that any further attempt at your edification will be fruitless.

I strongly suggest some careful reading regarding on what "legal documents say." Once that is accomplished, the basics of jurisprudence would be in order.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Think he really wanted to pay 30 million after he wasn't convicted in court?.

Umm...... He was found responsible for wrongful death in a CIVIL court and is legally required to pay said sum in restitution.

Please. Stick to the facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
lets see..im white...........live in the great white north............and think that the dude is innocent..........your yank justice system is totally corrupt.......ie jailing your border guards for shooting a scum drug smuggler in the buttocks............you boys to the south are just lynching the black dude slowly.............lol.what a *SNIP* joke america has become..........Norman Rockwell where are you..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, OJ is as innocent as the Jena 6 are guilty? I have not seen 1000's of whites marching at Los Vegas to have OJ kept in jail. Funny how when 6 black kids beat up a white Kid it's ok but when OJ HIMSELF says he did it, it's a conspiracy..... Yes there is something wrong with this country......I'll make a deal with ya, I'll trade you OJ for the Jena 6 ok?

the Jena 6

if anything it's leaning more against whites then blacks

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Norman Rockwell where are you..

Did O.J. kill him too?

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Karma is a funny thing...flaunt your guilt (If I Did It) and Karma will bite you in the butt.

O.J. was my only sports hero, when he ran in that Bronco I knew he was guilty, and it broke my heart.

Goodbye O.J., enjoy life in prison.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just thought of another problem related to this sordid affair. Simpson assured us all that he'd be hunting down the real killers of his wife, but if he's jailed, who will take up the charge? Are there any golfers out there willing to hunt for leads on the green?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawwwn

If you're going to create a conspiracy, then at least get your facts straight. OJ was never found "innocent" of the double murder charges. He was found "not guilty". And lets not forget that he was subsequently found GUILTY for wrongful death in a civil case brought against him by the Goldman family.

And how can you say that the jury "found no logical way that he could have committed the murders"? That's absolutely false. The jury found that there was reasonable doubt and that someone else could have committed the murders, not that there was no way that OJ did it. In fact, all of the jurors could have thought that OJ was in fact the murderer, but as long as there was a "reasonable doubt" then they had to aquit him.

The reason the kidnapping charges were added after the fact was because the police were given a recording after the initial charges in which OJ can be heard telling his co-conspirators to not let anyone leave the room. This was done under GUN POINT. If you don't understand how that results in a kidnapping charge, then you have no concept of the law.

Furthermore, this didn't take place at a "sports memorabillia shop" as you allege. Rather, it took place in one of the victims hotel room.

All of this comes from just reading the first few paragraphs of your post. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest because if you can't even get the simple facts straight then you don't deserve anymore of my time. And if you think this whole thing is revenge for his aquittal on the double murder charges, then you're extremely naive. What OJ did in Las Vegas was CRIMINAL and something you hear about gangsters and mobsters doing.

Whether or not this property belonged to OJ, he had absolutely no right to conduct a "sting operation", as he called it. He should have went to the police and filed a complaint like a normal person would have. Or he should have simply confronted the person in posession of this memorabillia without guns, foul language and threats of bodily harm and murder.

In closing, if you're going to allege that a conspiracy exists somewhere, then you should at the very least learn how to spell the word conspiracy. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, its just that these kinds of senseless posts drive me nuts.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Rasputin13]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
lol
The thread title is mis-leading..

I thought this was the OJ Lynching Sign up Sheet..

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I'm sorry...

Ehh "not guilty" and "innocent" are to close for me to make them different. Why does many court houses and legal documents say "guilty until proven innocent, in a court of law".

But when I read the above I realize that any further attempt at your edification will be fruitless.

Man alive you FAST FAST MonkeyModerator!!! you beat me to the punch catching this backwards fauxpas.............hahahahahahaha!
You WIN a nice fresh banana shake!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I just thought of another problem related to this sordid affair. Simpson assured us all that he'd be hunting down the real killers of his wife, but if he's jailed, who will take up the charge? Are there any golfers out there willing to hunt for leads on the green?

awww but he DID hunt down the real killer everyday ,as he looked into the mirror to shave! (or any other time he was gazing into a mirror)

Anyway I am just very disappointed in the educators of our sad uninformed member Spawwwn ....

Not a snowballs chance in a kiln I will be flagging ANY thread on OJ Simpson as I can't think anything he would do to be important enough to warrant a flag.....unless he killed himself.
(OK TRG rant over)

[edit on 22-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I'm sorry...

I strongly suggest some careful reading regarding on what "legal documents say." Once that is accomplished, the basics of jurisprudence would be in order.

It's not that i don't understand the difference between the "not guilty" or "innocent" terms. He was not convicted of the crime, found "not guilty" and in some people's eyes that would constitute being innocent. While i understand the wording of the verdict, i'm saying that i am willing to get past the fancy wording, and say that i feel should be labeled innocent..and not merely "not guilty". I belive if someone is not convicted of the crime, then that person should be accepted as innocent. Nobody would like to live with the burden of not being able to escape their "crime". Part of people clinging to that "not guilty" idea, is why i feel OJ has never had a fair chance to clean up his immage.

That feeling of "justice was not served" which has lingered for years..is what makes me believe they trapped OJ.

They got to him because "not guilty" was not good enough. Even though, long after he dies, his name will be remebered as a killer..making him take that burden to his grave wasn't enough. I feel that people close to him, in collaboration with this mockery justice system..is making him "really pay" this time.

Think about this, have you ever had a friend that borrowed an item from you? Doesn't matter what it is..as long as it's something that can be returned. Now what happens when that friend doesn't give it back? I don't know about yall, but i've had 1 or 2 people in the past, that i've had to knock on their door and make sure they give me my stuff back. Sometimes its about standing up for yourself.

Lets say this stuff was stolen, well you'd be more inclined to be aggressive towards that person. If we want to talk about US rights, wasn't it is right to protect himself with a firearm? Not every person who has a gun, shoots it off when they pull it out.

It would be nice to know what happened before the guns came out, but the media won't tell us. They want to keep it to some rabid sounding 30 second sound byte. Maybe they were threatening him. They sure don't sound to scared on the tape. Nobody sounds like they are getting beaten, or physically abused. There may have been a very valid reason for him telling them to move back. The worst i heard was get up on the wall. That's a long cry from "SIT IN THAT CHAIR, JOHNNY TIE THEM UP, HIT HIM WITH THAT TELEPHONE."

It could have been his way of trying to control the situation. It sounds silly, but what he said was true. What is he going to do run up in there and rob somebody? One thing you have to say about OJ is he's smart. He knows good and well what he can and can not do. He's been virtually off the map till this incedent. I have a tough time beliveing that a man who's managed to duck a 30 million dollar settlement against him for years, is about to risk his freedom over some old footballs and baseball cards.

And why steal things with only your name on them? Does that make sense? I'm pretty sure if OJ was doing it for the money, why not simply take their cash? Why stick them up just to stick them up?

And who are these people saying this about him? All i heard was this happened in some motel room. What were they doing with OJ's stuff? Better yet..if you are going to rob someone you know for something valuable right..shouldn't you hit a friend in the jewlery business?

Where are the other people involved? Why hasn't there been a manhunt out for them? Realistically..if they are even caught..do you think they will be charged as heavily as OJ? How much do you want to bet that OJ is the only one that goes down?

If that happens, then i'll be truly sick to my stomach..because that would leave no doubt in my mind that he was intentionally set up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join