It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this off the coast of Ventura California?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Here's Evilod's plane.

I don't know why, but I'm unable to get any return from GE with the coordinates given for the hexagonal object.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Try it written like this:
57°55'45.66"N, 6°40'48.53"W

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thanks Apex, that worked. I was under the impression the hexagon was in the area under discussion. It is off the coast of N. Scotland.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
GeatLakes, great post and thanks for pointing out the duplicate paste job. There is no doubt that those sections are identical. I am not sure if it was an accident or not, but it is a copy. I'm not sure what that object is, but it is very close to shore. Bubble rings are not that size, and they are also broken up into multiple bubbles, not a giant one. Earth gas is a possibility, but how would one explain identical copies on the same beach. Something is not right. Maybe a coverup for one of our subs cruising off the coast. Whats amazing is that you can see the object sticking out of the water at a significant height, enough so to cause waves to crash against one side and cast shadows on the other. Its bizarre. I wonder if anyone with a boat has checked this out yet. It appears close enough to shore that you would be able to see it. I think they were covering up some kind of sub convoy or something. I can't think of another reason for the objects.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Right in this pic i141.photobucket.com... are some sand dunes. People used to go there to watch UFO's in the 60's.

There's also a power plant next to the sand dunes. One of the objects is interestingly right in front of the power plant.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by OralFixation]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
giant jelly fish ???

or a training object for navy divers

there used to be a group of training sites off port hueneme that the seabees used for training on lifting sunk ships and they ended up moving them because civilian divers were trespassing and getting hurt

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My guess is that it's condensation on the lense, that would explain the repetition, as it would appear on subsequent images, and quite simply that's what it looks like.
The copy and paste job that was pointed out is puzzling though.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The photo that Apex posted looks like it could be the big movable drilling and exploration platform that was - and still may be - working off the coast of Ventura.

Keep in mind the water outlets at the two steam generating stations are not the only water outlets along the coast.

The cities have sewer plants that treat sewage water to a safe level and pump it into the ocean.

The one outlet I've seen evidence of is about 2 miles or so from the beach.
Evidenced by scuzzy and bad smelling water welling up from the bottom due to a sewage plant failure of some kind.

Granted, a not so good situation, but when sewage plants have major problems they have to pump the raw sewage into the sea.

Noted by the newspapers as well as signs at the more popular beaches.
A good time to stay out of the water.

What you may be seeing with the changing light colored underwater patterns outside the surf line is evidence of the coastal Littoral current - runs north to south - carrying sand down the coast.

It used to be common to go body surfing in the winter and have to enter the ocean over a bed of rver-rock like stones until you got to the smooth sand floor at 3' - 6' depth.
Every winter, most of the sand close to the low tide line would wash away.

When summer came, the Littoral current would carry in fresh sand from the coastal rivers and further up the coast andcover the rocks up once again.

That's the reason for the many short jetties along the Ventura coastline.
Ventura beaches were losng a lot of sand and the ocean was in further than it used to be.
This due to the Littoral current sand flow and not global warming.
The jetties help retain the sand and some of the beaches extend perhaps a hundred yards further out to sea than they did in the late 50's.
Take a look at the Ventura Pier beach on the suth - actually east - side of the pier.
At one tme, high tide was almost into the parking lot.
(I say actually east because the ocean is south of Ventura in that area.)

Another anomaly along the Ventura County coastline is a sunken tire reef which makes a good fish habitat.
This is out from the city Port Hueneme a ways.

I believe there are also a couple of sunken barges in the area for the same purpose.

Generally speaking, the SoCal coast is an underwater desert.
People bitched about the oil platforms when they came to be, but they've turned out to be a real bonanza for sealife.
Good fishing from them and in the immediate area.

California's Channel Islands are rich in sea life, but there's lots of places for them to live out there as compared to the sand bottom along most of the coast.

Other small coastal anomalies you may find are small home-made reefs done over a period of years by skin divers attempting to set up an area for fish etc.
What goes here is that skin diving enthusiasts would carry out a brick or two and similar stuff - via inner tube - and drop it in 10' - 20' or so of water every time they went out.
They had a couple of ranges they could use to triangulate their positon so they could find their small reef.
The Fish & ame dept didn't care for it and neither did the California Coastal Commision.
The CCC is the outift that prefers to see beachfront homes wash away rather than allow a small seawall be built for protection.
Politicians . . . nothing more need be said there.

Richfield Island a half mile offshore from La Conchita just south of the Sata Barbara/Ventura County line was constructed in a sandy bottomed area.

The big cast cement TetraPods - like a four legged child's jack from a ball and jack set - were a bonanza for sea life.
To the extent that a local college made monthly obserevation trips and followed the sea life as it changed.
From bare rocks to algae covered to small animals, fish, starfish as time progressed and I believe there are abalone out there, but those may have been planted.

Anyway, interesting post.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Cool finds with the airplane and honeycomb. I wonder what else is out there? I figure if the bubble was duplicated, it going to be impossible to determine where (if there was one) the original came form.

The conspiracy side of me thinks it was used as a marker to indicated where the powers that be decided to cover something up and make it easier to go back to to correct as additional information leaks out.

But the other side of me thinks it's just some graphic designers way of filling in ocean to keep the image balanced and flowing smoothly.

The UFO believer side of me had decided that these are large UFOs, the bubble is just the dome or tip of a larger craft, and the paint scheme on "All" the invading ships are the same, much like the way the Air Force paints all camo aircraft in the same general patterns, only the alien, being a higher intelligence, are more accurate and dulicating their schemes.

I want to thank all of you who went above and beyond in trying to figure this out. You really are a great bunch of people. Thanks for putting up with me and I look forward to any other discoveries.

Don

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus

Huhn.. thats funny i was able to get the picture in about 10 secs using google earth flash site. But i guess your to lazy and stupid to figure that out so ill do it for you since thats probably what people have been doing for you your whole life.

www.flashearth.com...

Oh and by the way good find very odd anomaly in the water there.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There was an Alaska air plane that crashed into the water around there in 2000.

Maybe that's the plane:

Linky

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Maybe that's the plane:

Linky

No Alaska 261 hit the sea far too fast to be that, it disintegrated on impact. That is probably a prop plane considering it's size and as such difficult to work out what exactly without an accurate date of the photo. Also it's very difficult to land a civil airliner on water and to keep it intact.

Edit Ethiopian Airlines 961 highlights the problem of landing even (relatively) slowly.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by apex]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah, you're right. From the color, it looks like it's UNDER water, and not ON water.

But then, my eyes are old and my bifocals aren't making me very happy.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I live in Ventura, and frequent this beach quite often. Honestly, I think it has something to do with Point Mugu base. Maybe a sonar device or some type of detection apparatus underwater. It could be a barrel or something else though, I doubt it's a saucer.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting.

This could be a waste water exit from an underground drain. I could not find similar structures to suggest a coral colony structure however. No idea.

When I was looking for nearby similar shapes I found this.
34°11'41.29"N 119°15'16.70"W

I could not see a shadow. Is it in the water? Still messing with it.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Maybe that's the plane:

Linky

About the end of January or very early February for the air crash.
Witnesses reported it just rolled over and pretty much went straight in.
Just south of the west end of Santa Cruz Island I believe.
If I remember right, from what the pilots reported and what witnesses saw, it was felt that a bolt in the elevator control system failed.

My guess on that is that it may have been a counterfeit bolt.
The airlines - and others in the aircraft biz - were plagued with counterfeity bolts for a while and it's probably still going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
I live in Ventura, and frequent this beach quite often. Honestly, I think it has something to do with Point Mugu base. Maybe a sonar device or some type of detection apparatus underwater. It could be a barrel or something else though, I doubt it's a saucer.

Point Mugu may have been involved in the undersea listening apparatus experiments that went on on in the 80's.

The Navy had a listening station on the north side of Santa Cruz Island just east of the west point and above Yellow Banks anchorage.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
GeatLakes great find.

Hope that someone could bring more data about that image.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
About the end of January or very early February for the air crash.
Witnesses reported it just rolled over and pretty much went straight in.
Just south of the west end of Santa Cruz Island I believe.
If I remember right, from what the pilots reported and what witnesses saw, it was felt that a bolt in the elevator control system failed.

Trust me, that isn't Alaska 261. This is from the NTSB report which I downloaded from somewhere (try looking at wikipedia's source list first):

About 85 percent of the fuselage was recovered. The largest sections were from
below the airplane’s floor line. The fuselage’s upper crown structure was broken into
smaller pieces and had substantial compression damage. The recovered fuselage segments
increased in size from the forward section of the airplane (where they were the smallest) to
the aft section of the airplane (where they were the largest).
No evidence indicated any pre- or postimpact fire damage. Fractures found on
pieces of fuselage wreckage were consistent with failures generated by high-energy
impact. Examination of the fracture surfaces found no evidence of preexisting cracking or
foreign impact damage.
The majority of both wings were recovered. The right wing exhibited more
damage than the left wing.

all in all, it completely disintegrated on impact. Also an MD-80 variant is 45m long, and this one here is only about 20m long.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hmm can't really see anything that strange here. They could be anything...

[edit on 27-9-2007 by timelike]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join