It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this off the coast of Ventura California?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
For the record, I've lived in the Ventura area all my life... The position given in the first post is off the coast of Oxnard, and the building on the shore is a Southern California Edison power plant...

I dunno if this means anything but I thought it should be posted...

Also, though this is off topic (although it does prove I've been in the area), when I was a kid I took the following photo using an AstroCam 110 model rocket. The rocket was launched in the field directly to the south of the power plant... You can pretty easily match this up with google earth by referencing the house with the pool with the houses directly down-shore of the power plant... [photo]

Also note, for non-users of google earth (sorry if this was posted here before): You can in fact copy the coordinates & paste them in to google maps, and switch to satellite view instead of using google earth... It works pretty well...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Although Oxnard is heavily militarized along the shore (the rest is pretty innocent agriculture and farming) I doubt a military device or creation would be placed in that manner and at that location. it's no more than a few hundred feet out where any boat sailing along the coast would run aground. It's in an area where lots of people swim and hang out or recreationally boat. I saw anything really spooking by the navy is happening farther out into the actual channel Islands. I surf up there near point huenume (sp) with my day twice just in the last month. the coasts of oxnard are a huge beach house community not so suited for secret govt stuff. out a little further thats a different story.

Personally I think it's a giant octopuse waiting to pull down kayakers and eat them. maybe a giant jellyfish... .... ... or not.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Doesn't look like anything but an optical abberation since these 'bubble' line all along the coast in this frame and disappear in adjacent frames. In addition, these 'bubble's lie near the frame's stitch point with the adjacent frame.

A rear 'bubble' exists at google earth decimal lat 34.1402°, long -117.394°, but it's still appears to be optical in nature.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dang it people its a giant octopus and it's going to eat all the surfers who stray out too far looking for the next big set of waves! optical illusions my butt! it's clearly an octopus, and the govt. knows about it and is keeping it a secret.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think the Pacific has acne.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join