It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this off the coast of Ventura California?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It looked like others weren't continuing to read the posting after the photos of the water tank were shown on the original post, so in an effort to get some fresh eyes on what I'm wondering about, I thought I begin as a new thread.

Originally posted on 21-9-2007 @ 01:35 PM Under "Two more UFO's on Google Earth"

Now that those are figured out, maybe someone can tell me what this is off the California coast near Ventura.

34°12'23.31"N 119°15'25.63"W (cut and paste on Google Earth)

I found it one day after someone had marked it Strange Bubble. I thought it was interesting, and since there's a speed boat near by, I was wondering if it's some kind of Sea Structure. But with the top being painted as the sea scape and casting a shadow, I figure someone somewhere knows about it.

Don

[edit on 21-9-2007 by paraclete1]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
34°13'9.64"N119°15'49.42"W look. theres another one!!. Iam thinking these are man made objects. The one I found is identical to the one you found. just my 2 cents

[edit on 21-9-2007 by mcgilligan02]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
this is stupid, why dont you just link the stupid picture already! how utterly annoying and complete waste of time.

MOD EDIT: How about ...

How To Be Civil

[edit on 21-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

this is stupid, why dont you just link the stupid picture already! how utterly annoying and complete waste of time.

why dont you just look it up like I did. whats so hard about that? Laziness? How utterly annoying for you to just gripe instead of something productive like a diagnosis of what it could be.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mcgilligan02

Can you post the picture? My computer can't handle Google Earth, so I would appreciate it if you can do it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's stay civil here. GOT IT?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Equinox99 since you have asked so nicely I will on behalf of the OP try to post a Picture of his object and the one I found not too far away from his since you kindly asked.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I hope I did nothing wrong, if I did something wrong then I am sorry.

BTW -9 points for a one liner!

Thank you mcgilligan02, I really appreciate it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some people do not have or use google Earth.

It IS the responsibility of the thread author to give all the information and provide links for the readers of the thread......wich includes actually posting the picture of what they are talking about. Sometimes others will jump in and help when they can, and thats always appreciated

If you new to ATS posting, click on the little Star Wars icon in my signature and you will be magically transported to the land of HOW to properly make a thread and post on ATS

[edit on 21-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
To help the OP I Am going to post the Pic for him. here it is.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize if it is too big. Maybe some one can educate me in shrinking it?

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

love your avatar.
and i apologize to those i offended. kumbaya

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

cool...looks like my kitchen counter..is it in the ocean?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes it is. The Pacific ocean. West of a little town called Oxnard California. this is on the West Coast of the US.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its all good Josephus.

Well that picture SURE IS strange!

VERY unusual and worth wondering about to be sure!!!

What on earth is it?
if there are more of them I wonder if they are connected somehow?

Oxnard is very Military if I remember correctly......maybe this is some military thing in the sea?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I used to live in Oxnard! This freaks me out more than a little! Neat Pic btw.
to Goddess: Oxnard, or whats near there is Point Mugu, a Navy base. My father used to work there actually.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Honestly I wouldnt be suprised if this has something to do with earthquake detection. The one I found is a spitting image of the one the OP found. Mine is Northward up the coast slightly off the coast like his is. They look like some sort of platform. But who really knows. maybe some one else has an idea?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There are some oil rigs off the coast of Ventura. This isn't what I'd imagine what they look like from overhead, but it's a possibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is obviously the imprint of His Noodly Appendage. It is circular. Perhaps He was holding down a volcano to save a nearby colony of pirates. Or perhaps He wanted to go wading and rest His Appendage, which must be tired out after all the work keeping Intelligent Falling working properly.

Most likely, He just put it there to make people wonder what it is when they find it on Google.

RAmen

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yuefo,
I wouldnt be suprised either if this is a capped off oil or natural gas sight. You know sometimes after a failed attempt at finding resources in one spot I want to say they cap it off. this might be a very good answer to the question. great reply Yuefo.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Well well matey. . .Perhaps his noodly appendage is holding down the nearby volcano. . .Who is going to walk the plank for divulging this info? ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join