It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are already RFID chipped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

In the words of the Marine at the Zerg biology lab in Starcraft: "See, they aint so tough, they bleed like everyone else!"

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Other than the fact that this scares the crap outta me. I wonder how long it would take someone to steal ID's just by walking down the street with a RFID reader. Then hack their own chip via laptop thus changing their identity to the one they just stole. I mean they hacked the DVD code(which was suppose to next to impossible) and I read a kid hacked an I phone already. How hard could it be for me to read your chip(which transmits) from a short distance and program my own to your information and make a mad dash to an ATM machine or best buy and tap you dry.

The more technologically advance we get the easier it is to steal, especially for those with a little know how and balls to pull it off. I see this as a potential nightmare. They can already steal your phone # using scanners and make calls on your dime. How long would it take before ID theft is as easy as walking down the street with a scanner/ laptop with a wifi connection and a verichip usb connected firmware updater.

Worse yet someone could have a transmitter that wipes chips clean as they walk down the street. So technically you cease to exist.

No matter how many safe guards they come up with someone will find a way around it and wreak havoc!

I'm sorry but I think this chip is a bad idea all the way around.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

The RFID chip in no way corresponds to an individuals identity. It is deactivated when an item is purchased, and only exists to prevent unpurchased merchandise from leaving the store.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How to Steal From Greys

After reading the local paper yesterday about what local outlaws do at night now to stop cars on poorly lit backroads, I would research crop circles and create a crop circle that might interest the Greys (several crop circles actually to cover more bases). As the Greys fly over low and slow in their UFO, I would use ancient and non-electrical technology to disable one. A sort of catapult device to sling one huge boulder at the UFO and knock it out of the sky. Hey! It works! Local outlaws who throw big rocks or concrete blocks at car windshields to make the person inside the car not be able to see do it enough around here to get a reputation for it. That's one reason why I don't drive at night anymore in Jackson, MS and when I do, my really big handgun is in my lap or tucked in between the seats for easy access.
Ha ha! Gotcha!

Some folks could care less about forgiveness or repentance. These are your true outlaws. Life's hard when you're stupid and harder still when you don't consider the path you are on. Forgive? Yes. Defend yourself from assault? Most definitely.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Fullcamo]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Someone left a message regarding the strength of today's computers to track 300 million people. It depends on how efficient the technology is. Even if it took a megabyte per person, gov't computers could probably do it.

I think the chip in money is a smart way to do it, if I were the one tracking I would do it. I'd put it in their ID card, drivers license or otherwise. However, in order to track you by injecting one into your skin (my dog has a chip like this) it's got to be updatable and modifiable, or they'd loose you on the system if you changed your address.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by johngardner1

ID card is the most workable solution, and yes, computers are easily that powerful. The capacity to track individuals is virtually limitless. However, I don't see a move to implement a RFID nat'l ID card getting much traction.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal Egbert

Royal Egbert, if you've got nothing to hide, why don't you tell us your credit card number, SS #, health card number, your bank account numbers, level of income, real name, address, and phone number? You see, that is what this is really about, not where you buy your shirts.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

OK, OK, OK - sorry I'm laughing a bit.

You have all these RFID Chips in the World Population which is approaching 7 billion quickly. You have somehow figured a way that they don't kill the host or compromise the immune system of the host. Now you have to monitor these seven billion, give or take, people. 1 Government employee could maybe monitor one citizen for part of one day. So, who takes out the trash?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah, I think a global monitoring system isn't going to happen, but this would be a good way to track the movements of a specific person of interest. All you would have to do is key in their code and voila!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

It takes a human to decide if the information is useful or not. At least at this time it does. It would take a cast of billions to monitor even the filtered information and make the decision if it was useful information or not. I do not believe the entire population of the United States could possibly monitor just themselves in a useful manner.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

That I will concede. If used responsibly these could be a very useful tool. It is who controls them that matters most I think.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal Egbert
So? I have yet to see the harm of RFID chips. So the government knows where I buy my underwear. I really don't care. The only ones who care are the ones that have something to hide.

For the 500th time I have to respond to this, well I have to say, gulible statement.

Firstly it should be stated, if we have nothing to hide from those in power who control information systems then we have nothing to worry about.

The quote above makes a huge assumption. Those in power are good and care about your interest. In history, and in our current goverment people in power care about one thing, staying in power and expanding power.

So lets say you find out a Senator is making illegal shady deals that are killing Americans with lets say toxic spills, you want to say something. All that information can now be brought to bear to silence harrass and remove your economic support.

Lets say you live under Sadam, Hitler or some brutal tyrant, you do not believe in the extermination of large segments of the population, you wish to speak about this since you have seen through the propaganda. Do you have something to hide? yes, do you have something to fear, yes. Yet you are only standing up for freedom democracy and the right for all peoples to exist.

Your statement is what holds your thinking back, you have assumed those in power are good and care about you and your family. Something disproven by history, the statements of those in power, and their actions.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wasn't this what Frodo and Gandalf were telling us in the LotR?

Absolute power. We all know what happens.

Though it might be put to good use by good people at first, there will always be some admin who decides that the neighbor that boinked his wife when he was out of town deserves to have his bank balance reset to zero.

Even with safeguards it would be bad to use it as control, because it sounds imminently hackable. If hackers got control of the system, then what?

Plus, I seriously doubt the 'Powers' would be on the 'chip'. The 'Elite' would be chipless and free to move around as they please.

2 cents.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I'm flattered that the gov would have such an incredible interest in my incredibly boring life. I don't even buy much of anything.

Whatever they do, I hope they learn something from me.

Imagine if you go to a town hall meeting to speak out about the new corporate chemical factory being built onto a public park next to the school. You are well educated make good points and hinder their efforts.

While giving this opinion a person in the court room hits a button on his hand held red flag marker, adding another demerit on your corporate loyalty level.

Lets say you walk to support a union, a official holds up a reader gets all the numbers of every person in the march and marks them as outspoken.

Now you return to work, your boss recieved a note that you can no longer be employed, your outspokeness marked you as unstable for insurance reasons, you see statistics show people in this catagory have financial problems and common run ins with police. You can not be covered by insurance and are fired.

On your way home you drive by a police, a little red dot shows up on his in dash map, you are a person that fits a model of a potential problem since you were marked twice as argueing with corporate authority, you are pulled and searched. You will notice that this also shows the insurance company was right, you are more prone to run ins with police.

You return home to find you are being evicted because your gated community does not allow people who are unemployed potential criminals, mean while all your credit cards are canceled, since cash no longer exist you have no money.

You return to your place of work and ask a friend if you can have half his sandwitch since you have not eaten in awhile, he looks away ignoring you, when you leave he says to his co worker. I am sure glad they can identify those type of people and fire them, I never would have guessed this person had so many issues, I am glad they got rid of him.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Redge777]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Its quite frustrating to see all these responses where people dont realize what a big deal it is. Unfortunately, even if we manage to convince the people visiting this site, there is no way to compete with the marketing powers of the mass media reaching out to the public.

The mass media will sell this chip by convincing us its convenient, and they will succeed. Once the majority of people have it, the ones who refuse to have it will be seen as a threat to society, even by the public. Suspicions will arise. What do they have to hide?

And it wont matter if we can later say "I told you so" when a persons right to speak is dependent on weather the government will allow it or not.

Sorry to say, I dont see the minority being able to influence the future when it comes to this. Anything can be sold to the overworked mass using convenience.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
the will of a nation once willing to resist the king. Is it now so subdued in civility and advancement it forgot what a societal enemy is? Tyranny is just the first step in mass chipping. Beyond the chip is a dismal world of a rich mans iron bound box full of slaves. this is what mass chipping leads to. Every nation today is in danger of being mutilated by a deceiver who steals via power using corrupt military and corporations.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I have not read the whole read but how would the government have a system to track and identify 300 million different people each with multiple chips in each person?

I know for sure that i am chipped as i had mine implanted almost 2 years ago now (January 2006) in my right hand, likewise my brother also

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

... if you've got nothing to hide, why don't you tell us your credit card number, SS #, health card number, your bank account numbers, level of income, real name, address, and phone number?

Well obviously one shouldn't give out social security numbers or bank details because of identity theft and the risk of suddenly finding your savings have disappeared ......

But anyone is welcome to know my income, name, address and phone no.

Incidentally, I can never remember the post code for my parent's house. But it's easy to find by tapping my name and their address into Google

(Oddly, my current address isn't on the net anywhere)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I keep hearing can they track 300 million hell yes they can.

Ask yourself this DO they have a computer system tapping the entire phone system.

Recording everyones conversation and voice analyzing it. Flagging key words and sending them in for further invistigations.

The Play station 3 has a cell processor 6 core CPU

the military has 12 core machines with 50 cpu's in them.

There computers are powerful beyond belief....................

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
questions to the OP:

What band of frequencies do they use that have 300 million unique readable wavelengths?

and of course how do they get the individual chips into individual people. all of the products you mentioned would be useable by more than 1 person except for the razor blades.

and if you used a product more than once what frequency would they default to? say i drank gatorade monday and had some micky d's fries wednesday and they both had a chip in them. now i have 2 chips.

now if i go to the doctors office i have 3.

what do they do when you get an MR!, plant your new chip afterwards?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join