It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Arrested for commiting free speech w/video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
R.I.P Free Speech
America,wake up and kiss your rights goodbye.
So,reading the constitution is now a violation of the law?
Practicing freedom of speech is illegal?
And since when can a person be arrested without being told why?
If people cant see whats going on in this country,then their either nieve,or they just dont care.
Might as well sell the constitutuion and bill of rights as toilet paper.

mod edit: cap title

[edit on 9/20/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its just one of many videos showing the same thing. There was a thread on another forum with the guy getting tazored by the police, and people just said "yeah, so? He should have shut up when being told to do so".

I guess some people want it like that in the USA. I guess keeping the order is more important than people being allowed to speak their mind.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

mad as hell what is his agenda for doing this

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by h2owater
www.rense.com...

mad as hell what is his agenda for doing this

Check out the new martial law rules as well...

I recommend everybody who wants to change this to buy a video camera and keep putting these movies on the net. Have a legal demonstration or protest, and bring cameras to show how the police react.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by h2owater

OMFG I couldn't believe what I was just reading!
:
:

This is bull spit man this government is becoming to big and power hungry.
flame::
"WE GOTTA TAKE THE POWER BACK!"

I AM INRAGED!

flame::flame

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow. Uh... I don't know what to say. I couldn't even watch that whole video because it angried up the blood. What I don't get is that all those police officers are US citizens are they not? Aren't they covered by the same constitution and rights as every other supposed Free citizen of the US? How can they stand there silently and allow THEIR rights to go down the toilet as well, but I guess since they're the police they have their own set of rules and maybe their own constitution.

I know people are going to come on here and say "well we don't know the whole story" but c'mon, they were arresting women in what, their 40's who were obviously doing nothing wrong or illegal. I hate to say it, but it looks more like a police state there every day. This is just the beginning.

I feel for all my American friends who have to put up with this kind of nonsense. I emailed that video to a few Canadian TV stations in hope of this being brought to light up here, only time will tell if anything comes of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm pretty speechless on this one.... whats next? Am I gonna get arrested for reading a book?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I'm pretty speechless on this one.... whats next? Am I gonna get arrested for reading a book?

Based on the evidence this video presents to us, if your book is critical of the administration, or the war, you just might!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
Wow. Uh... I don't know what to say. I couldn't even watch that whole video because it angried up the blood. What I don't get is that all those police officers are US citizens are they not? Aren't they covered by the same constitution and rights as every other supposed Free citizen of the US? How can they stand there silently and allow THEIR rights to go down the toilet as well, but I guess since they're the police they have their own set of rules and maybe their own constitution.

How did the hollocaust happen? The SS were normal German citizens right? So, how did they let it escalate to that? I fear for my country and it's citizenry. I'm seriously thinking about joining the police force so they don't come for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that we are fighting and dying for the freedom of people in other countries, and we cant even hold onto it here because the very people who swear to uphold the law and protect and serve the public are completely ignorant of it.... and violating it!!

If this does not change soon... if the American public continues to become more "tolerant" of our rights being swept aside, we are doomed to a VERY grim future in this country.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am pretty speechless about this one too. Sadly, I am not as surprised as I once was.

I logged back on to post a link, and it fits in this thread. The website is "Students for an Orwellian Society." They did a great job providing links to support their claims.
www.studentsfororwell.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Outrage!

But don't just get mad and type about it! Do something! Ring the bells, shake the trees, rattle some cages...trying to devise an action plan in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
thank god for the articulate people who ressist oppression. Often It's hippies like me who must speak for the timid.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
thank god for the articulate people who ressist oppression. Often It's hippies like me who must speak for the timid.

My theory on this (and I mean no offense) is that hippies are of the mindset that they don't care what other people think of them. That is why they are the ones out there protesting. Because they don't care what others think of them. The timid do and will follow the status quo every time just to be "normal". Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just a thought...

Does anyone know when this occurred? What group(s) was involved? it looks like Code Pink, but why didn't any of the "pink women" mention "Code Pink" by name? What was the "pro-war" group that was also involved? Why isn't there any video of the actual demonstration (why does it stop as he approaches the other group)? If freedom of speech/the press is suppressed, why do the police allow him to continue taping (as was at least one other "reporter")? Why does the "videographer" claim by name to be a "reporter" but doesn't provide the essential details that any news story should have? Before anyone makes any foolish statements, here is the videographer's profile:

www.youtube.com...

Why is critical thinking falling by the wayside while reactionary bleating is becoming the norm?

Isn't that what they really want?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Reply to Mirthful Me.

I can't watch the video yet so I can't comment. I haven't commented on the video yet so, I'm assumming your comment of critical thinking doesn't apply to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I guess not... But now the intriguing question arises... Without the benefit of seeing the video you've managed to post twice... I'm just torn between the Paranormal Form and Personal Predictions now.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For every 1 person that is concerned about losing our rights.. There are
3-5 clapping their hands and ushering in a new age!!!

To many peopl have become to comfortable in their lazy boy chairs. Eating potatoe chips while watching TV.. Comfortably numb!!!

To many people will sit there and just watch it all happen, and clap and apluad the cops who do this!!!

You have every right to protest for the WAR and PRO WAR...
But you have NO rights to protest vs the WAR or ANTI WAR!!!!

This sickens me.. Even to the point I cut my hair all off, and started speaking at local club houses... STill to this point, they might aswell throw tomatoes at me!!! They are rude, senseless maniacs!!!

You cant speak sense into these people!!! Its comming to the point where we are going to have to fight for what is right.. I hope you are getting ready for something big!!
And I will keep burning these on CD's, and sharing them with my friends and family.. Local neibors.. IF you try to speak out in public you will be arrested, unless you are PRO war.. Then people will clap and love you!!
ITS SICK!!!! And I have the cure!!!

Edit: More thoughts....You want to know what else is freaky about all this? I go across the street to my friends house, we always talk about this stuff.. They are church God fearing folk.. They say they do not worry about all this.. Becasue its in Gods hands.. They said soon 75% of all of us will be taken by Jesus to heaven??? IM like WTF!! You will all sit around and do nothing because you think some guy is going to come and pick you up on his cloud and take you to heaven??? To me sounds like they know we are going to get a big attack on earth, and its going to wipe out 75% of all people on earth..

But its not Jesus.. I feel more like War and nukes will do this.. Or whatever types of bombs they have that we dont know about... Ive never been one to say the End is near... But the church folk seem to think that... Freakin no end to this maddness.. They are either to lazy to do something about it.. OR are PRO war and will do nothing about it.. OR try to do something about it, and get arrested.. And its sick to know most of teh churches ARE PRO WAR!!! Yep Church going folk that say its okay to murder and kill!!! I want to swear up and down.. I want to jump up and down on the system and destory it.. Yet I know I will only be labled a wacko "jerk" who is out of control and needs to be tased.. Or even worse killed for what I belive!! Mothers!!!

[edit on 20-9-2007 by zysin5]

[edit on 20-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
My theory on this (and I mean no offense) is that hippies are of the mindset that they don't care what other people think of them. That is why they are the ones out there protesting. Because they don't care what others think of them. The timid do and will follow the status quo every time just to be "normal". Just my opinion.

Well, you may be right. Every time ive expressed my views on other forums about how meaningless war is, I get called a hippie. I guess its seen as something negative to care for humanity these days.

We still try to cure hate with hate, and war with war. What have we really learned in all this time? People say "give it time, humanity will eventually evolve into more spiritual beings". I dont think we will, and the immediate future is looking pretty bleak for entire mankind if you ask me.

When I look at this beautiful planet from space, I cant help but feel what a waste it is that we are here. This planet should have been given to someone who appreciates it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I guess not... But now the intriguing question arises... Without the benefit of seeing the video you've managed to post twice... I'm just torn between the Paranormal Form and Personal Predictions now.

So, I'm not allowed to post my opinion of what another poster has said? Again, I've already said to you I don't understand sarcasm and rhetorical questions. So, again, what are you getting at? That I can't post my opinion without viewing the video first, even though I was NOT commenting on the video? Please enlighten me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join